Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis vs Klitschko
Lennox Lewis was a lucky man tonight. He entered the ring with someone who was bigger and thru 6 rounds appeared stronger than him. His one year lay off showed and Lewis was staggered numerous times thru the fight. Unfortunatly Klitschko's eye was horrifically torn open in the second, and he went on for 4 round giving a valiant effort that won over the crowd and the experts. Early on in the fight Klitschko was the aggressor, landing clean shots that slowed and staggered Lewis.

In the second round, Lewis opened Klitschko up with a right that caught him clean. Immediatly the eye began spewing blood, but for the next 4 rounds Klitschko came at Lewis, leaned on him and took his legs out from under him. By the end of the 6th it was Lewis who was looking for the ropes to keep him up as Klitschko kept up the relentless pressure.

Lewis came into the fight at 256 pounds, and it showed. He was slow, lathargic and was stunned numerous times by Klitschko's devastating right hand.

Let's hope that these two fighters can get together and get a rematch set up to give the heavyweight division the spark it has missed since Tyson/Holyfield. This fight tonight by far was the best heavyweight fight in recent memory. It finally seems this division has something fight fans can look foward to.

From ESPN.com, a round by round breakdown of the fight:

Quote:Round 1: Both fighters are in the center of the ring, Lewis lands a right. Klitschko puts him on the ropes. The two fighters clinch. Both are looking for openings, but not landing much. Klitschko grabs Lewis and hits him, the referee separates them. Klitschko lands a right hand. Lewis lands a jab and they clinch again. Klitschko lands a series of jabs and then a right hand. With 30 seconds left, Klitschko lands a right and Lewis answers with a left. Lewis misses a wild right, then lands a right.

Klitschko's round.

ROUND 2 -- Lewis comes out jabbing. The fighters trade punches in the center of the ring, then clinch again. Klitschko lands a big right hand 1:15 into the round, Lewis smiles but he's shaken. Lewis comes back with a left hook and Klitschko lands a right. A right by Klitschko with 1:15 left puts Lewis backward toward the corner. Lewis lands a jab that backs Klitschko up. The two are trading with 45 seconds left, Klitschko lands a right and then another. Lewis misses a wild left. Klitschko lands a right and a left. Lewis misses a wild right and another, Klitschko lands a three-punch combination.

Klitschko's round.

ROUND 3 -- Lewis lands a right hand to begin the round. Klitschko is cut over his left eye but lands five straight jabs. Lewis lands a big right hand, then two lefts. The two are brawling again. Blood is flowing down Klitschko's face. Klitschko lands a big right midway through the round. Lewis lands a combination on the bloodied face of Klitschko. Klitschko is jabbing Lewis. Lewis lands a big left jab that backs Klitschko up. Klitschko is on the ropes swinging wildly. Klitschko is bleeding badly and misses a wild right with 30 seconds left.

Lewis' round

ROUND 4 -- The ring doctor looks at the cut over Klitschko's left eye between rounds. The referee signals for the fight to continue. Lewis lands a left-right to start the round. Lewis swings wildly with a left, and both tumble to the canvas. Lewis helps Klitschko up. Klitschko tries to land a flurry but misses. The fighters clinch midway through the round. Lewis' mouth is open as Klitschko lands a right hand. The pace of the fight slows and Klitschko's cut appears under control. Klitschko lands a left-right, then takes a hard jab. Lewis misses a wild left with 25 seconds left. The fighters clinch again.

Lewis' round.

ROUND 5 -- The fighters clinch to begin the round. Lewis lands an uppercut and Klitschko answers with one but it misses. A left hook by Lewis lands and he throws a big right which barely misses. Klitschko holds, and Lewis lands 11 right hands to the body as he's being held. Klitschko lands two jabs, and the fighters clinch midway through the round. Klitschko lands three lefts and a right that puts Lewis into the ropes. Lewis is either very tired or acting. Klitschko lands a left, and Lewis hits him with an uppercut. Klitschko's cut is bleeding again and Lewis lands a right as blood flows down his face in the closing seconds of the round.

Lewis' round.

ROUND 6 -- Blood is flowing from Klitschko's cut over his eye but he lands a right and then a right-left early in the round. Lewis comes after him and lands a right and pushes him. Klitschko is bleeding badly as Lewis lands a right uppercut with 2 minutes left. Klitschko lands an uppercut himself as the referee separates them. Both fighters look very tired but both are throwing big punches. Klitschko lands a right and pushes Lewis across the ring. Lewis holds him and they stagger across the ring. As the bell sounds, Lewis lands an uppercut.

Lewis' round.

ROUND 7 -- The fight ends between rounds with Klitschko on his stool after the referee looks at his bad cut. Klitschko can't believe it and goes across the ring toward Lewis. Klitschko can't believe the fight was stopped. He's upset and raises his hand to the crowd and motions to his heart.

Lewis wins 6th round TKO
[Image: 855.jpg]
Damn, i was rooting for Vitali tonight. He showed a ton of heart, and now all the experts can shut the fuck up about him not having heart. I honestly think they shouldve let him continue the fight, i mean, it is his body, let him continue the damn fight. It was an entertaining fight though. If the fight kept going, Vitali wouldve been the champ.
[Image: clusterf.gif]
As much as I wanted Klitschko to win and shut that arrogant fuck Lewis up, I'm kinda glad he didn't. I'd never seen the guy fight before and all I can say is he's awful. A champ isn't someone that just has one punch, but one who can fight numerous styles. It was painfully obvious watching Klitschko lumber around that ring that he doesn't possess championship talents.

Now on the other hand, Vitali's younger brother Wladimir is said to be the better of the two and I wouldn't mind seeing him take on Lewis as well.
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>