Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phil Mushnick/WTF is this guys' problem??
I see this guys articles in the Post a lot. For a while he has eased off, but as time has gone on he has done nothing but slam Mc Mahon and rip this guy every chance he gets. He has pointed out a lot of hypocracy in the sports world, however he really seems to have a hard on against Mc Mahon. While there are sometimes when I disagree with some of the shit that the WWE churns out and I could go on for a week about some of the dumb shit I've seen, I just want to know, what is this guys problem?? Is he just someone lamenting the "good old days" of sports or is he just an asshole with an ax to grind cause Vince made himself a Billionaire??? (albeit in what may be regarded in some circles as a real scummy way)

Mushnick made a mention about the WWE running a story on the sudden death of a wrestler to boost ratings, anyone know exactly what he was talking about?? Please enlighten me cause I am confused.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
Quote:Originally posted by JimmyBlueEyes
Mushnick made a mention about the WWE running a story on the sudden death of a wrestler to boost ratings, anyone know exactly what he was talking about?? Please enlighten me cause I am confused.

I think he's probably referring to WWe squeezing 2 or 3 weeks' worth of "Confidential" out of the death of Elizabeth. That's one of few things I find I agree with Mushnick on.

As far as Mushy's problems with Vince, I'm convinced that several years ago, Vince banged Phil's sister/mother/girlfriend/wife (choose one or all of those) and has been bitter ever since. You'll notice he never had much of a problem with WCW, even during their Russo era.
yeah it's all about Vince....fuckin douche
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
Mushnick's just another morality crusader. His crusade happens to be focused against sports, and professional wrestling. He never commented on Russo-CW, probably cause he never watched it. And pre-Russo, there wasn't much offensive in WCW, at least not to the family values crowd. Hogan/Nash main events were more offensive to their fans...

The thing is, he does bring up some good points on wrestling-related deaths and misuse of painkillers and steroids (and even that's not exactly new groundbreaking stuff), but they're drowned out by the rest of his holier-than-thou shit.