Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity
I have to agree with FTL on this one. For the record I'm not against chat threads or silly threads or game/question threads, but how many of them do there have to be and why are they filling Off Topical?

I know you mentioned the fact GIP that OT's description is All the crap that doesn't really go anywhere else.
That's true. I agree with you there and I think that's where some confusion may lie. You and others may be saying, "What's the difference between here and Silera's Corner?" I really don't need to mention the description for that forum, but I will just to make it easy.
Silera's Corner - Fight Club + The Junkyard = the perfect place for Silera to call her own.
I point out the reference to The Junkyard. On OA.com The Junkyard was a dumping ground of sorts for silly threads. It used to be for fighting, but when it turned into a crappy nicey-nice haven that stopped. That made way to every brain fart imaginable. Same problem was made over there. People would post that crap in Off Topic and we had to move it to The Junkyard. You're allowed to post the stuff, but instead of accepting that you bitch that it's moved. Big fucking deal, it's still on the board. You just have to click a different forum.

I don't know if any of this makes sense or if anyone even cares to hear explanations anymore. I just wanted to add one last thing. You had the Sausage thread and the Vagina thread. Was there really a need for both? All they were were chat threads disguised as one hangout for men and one hangout for women. Sorry, but I had a little time on my hands and I checked. The Vagina thread had a TOTAL of 5 women post in it and the rest was filled by the guys chatting. Also, for the record, there were more guys than girls posting in there. So much for it being a women's hangout. Rolleyes

Now, you may say that was only two threads. Fine, I agree there as well, but where does it end? When do the admins/mods step in and say enough's enough? If they don't, then 2 becomes 5, 5 becomes 10, 10 becomes 20, and it continues until Off Topical is filled again with crap.

You were a mod once GIP. You know about doing your "job". That's what they are doing, but now all of a sudden you don't agree with it. Of all people that I thought might understand, it would be a former mod. I guess I thought wrong. :disappointed:
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>

Messages In This Thread
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-12-2003, 04:28 PM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-12-2003, 04:39 PM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Flock of Moosen - 07-12-2003, 07:54 PM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 12:04 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 02:42 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 03:10 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 06:07 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 06:18 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 06:38 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 06:44 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 06:50 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 07:01 AM