Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity
Quote:You were a mod once GIP. You know about doing your \"job\". That's what they are doing, but now all of a sudden you don't agree with it. Of all people that I thought might understand, it would be a former mod. I guess I thought wrong.

you have forgotten that policy must be clear, and that many rules for OA were extablished before, and also based on current poster behavior. Poster behavior dictates policy...why, b/c this is member based. You guys are forgetting that the customer rules, and that policy and the board must correspond to as such...and not to the precepts you have from another board, or rules that were already in place on a board that had different elements, and a huge flow of users...then petered out. Different board, different atmosphere, different circumstances. Don't be so quick to follow...and actually question what you want this to be.

Per Alkey's statement to me: "This board is about having fun". So, if some members are having fun, but some are put off with chats...maybe a solution is to come up with something that is conducive to both, and not knee-jerk...and try not to make it like a parent punishing children misbehaving b/c someone high above has a pre-conceived notion of what a messageboard should be.

Just maybe.

Board is about it's members. PERIOD. You need to appease them all, a balancing act, not not make one out to be bad guys. I am very disappointed with this silly "you should know better", "you were a mod". A moderator sets tone. Reminds and follows SET POLICY. This policy is stated clearly. There is a lack of both currently, yet people are angry at "chat" threads and some members inclusive interaction.

The issue is member habits and the desire to control them...which you can't. Mistake #1. Mods and Admin have barely been adding to the board, and if they are, they've only been stirring up pot to their own devices, unless they are arguing with one another...or actually fighting with other drama based on another board.

In other words, pot calling kettle black. Picking and choosing what is acceptable and not. And trying to push how members post, and not trying to be flexible, but look down upon it...like someone is doing something wrong. Buck stops at the top...not the top downward. Make clear sections, clear policy, and be conducive to all posting habits. None of them, I subscribe, is wrong.

Like I said: it's about the members. And the quicker you realize this, the better. This is what Froy NEVER understood. And it's carrying over.
[Image: fearloathingkewgardens.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-12-2003, 04:28 PM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-12-2003, 04:39 PM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by GreasyItalianPrincess - 07-13-2003, 02:10 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 12:04 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 02:42 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 03:10 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 06:07 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 06:18 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 06:38 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 06:44 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 06:50 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 07:01 AM