Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Styles - Is he that good?
I find myself ashamed as a wrestling fan that I even have to ask this question, but I never get to see any other wrestling aside from the WWE. I don't even get NWA-TNA in my area.

That said, I have read a lot about this kid AJ Styles, but never once had the pleasure of watching him in the ring. Now that he is the new NWA-TNA champ (must be pretty good if the owner dropped the belt to him), I'm curious just how good he really is. Is he the future of the sport like so many have said or is he just another decent wrestler that will fade with time?
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
I recall seeing him a few times on WCW TV (this was when they were swirling around the drain) and being fairly impressed by him. Unfortunately I'm too cheap to get TNA's PPVs, but I may have to break down and watch at least one show just to see if he does indeed live up to the hype.
Quote:Originally posted by HydratedPeach
Unfortunately I'm too cheap to get TNA's PPVs
Same here. That and I can't justify spending money on a PPV that I have no clue about any of their angles. If I got their weekly Wednesday show it would be another story, but unfortunately I don't.
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
The kid is tremendous. Styles, Low Ki, and American Dragon are my three favorite wrestlers out there today.

For a good AJ Styles match I suggest you check out or buy any of the Ring of Honor shows hes on. His match against Low Ki for the ROH Heavyweight title on the August 2002 'Honor Invades Boston' event was such a great match.
Good morning heartache, your like an old friend, come and see me again - Rancid

Life's a train i barely caught just to find out i ain't got the fare. -Bouncing Souls

"You are not alive yesterday, you are not alive tommorrow, but youre alive at the moment; if you can grab something for that moment...you have a chance." - Johnny X
Quote:Originally posted by McNabbShouldDie

For a good AJ Styles match I suggest you check out or buy any of the Ring of Honor shows hes on. His match against Low Ki for the ROH Heavyweight title on the August 2002 'Honor Invades Boston' event was such a great match.

You want me to buy a tape from Feinstein? Are you out of your frickin' mind?!! Tongue

And I remember Low Ki from when he was still wrestling for Jersey All Pro... he was the star attraction for the longest time there, very exciting in the ring, but his kicks and smacks were stiff as a motherfucker.

(Edit: Fuck, I'll learn me some spellin' someday...)
According to nwa-tna, and some wrestling writers he's the second coming. I've only seen him a few times on TNA shows and so far he hasn't done anything spectacular to warrant any attention from VINCE, not yet anyway

Since Styles is doing a heel character with Vince Russo as his leader and as the NWA world champion. He just did a 2/3 falls match with D'lo Brown(remember him?) last night on TNA ppv show. Supposedly, he does better high-flying stuff than Rey Mysterio Jr. I suppose it's a matter of time whether or not we see his full potential

:Cool
You're a filthy whore!!!
Styles truly shines when he is on NJ indy shows and is able to show his true talent. His recent match with Christopher Daniels was amazing, and has had countless 5 star matches with Low Ki throughout the Northeast. If you can catch an ROH show with him booked on it, you will find out exactly what the buzz is about....
I would love to untie your balloon knot...