Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clowns to the left of me...jokers to the right
"good friends"??

really, what does that mean? do you all get together around the holidays at home?

Do you all hit up the bar for happy hour every friday and talk about personal things with each other as opposed to venting about your jobs? If a family member of thiers dies, do you attend the funeral?

(see, I work in a company with over 300 employees...I don't have the time nor desire to "fake the funk" with so many people.)

I do have my "friendly aquaintences" around the cubicle but once I leave this place, with the exception of 2-5 people, the rest will be long removed from my existence. Purposely.

I can understand if you work in a small office - in that enviornment, one can't help but to become part of a clique of sorts. Social dynamics are different when working with a small group of people.

But when working in a huge company? It's a different story.

Rumor mills, back stabbing, talking shit behind peoples back, doing it to better position oneself for more $$ come review time.

Fuck dat entire aspect of corporate life. I want no part of it.

Messages In This Thread
Clowns to the left of me...jokers to the right - by 60FeetUnderWater - 12-11-2003, 10:41 PM