Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft
Who do you align yourself with? Why?

after the tangent the GTA thread went on, I figured why not dedicate a thread to all of us fanboys who want to say "your system sucks! Mine is better!"

Al I ask is that you intelligently back up your thoughts.

Me? I'm a Nintendo Fanboy. Yes. "fanboy". Love it or hate it but I ain't gonna front.

Microsoft worries me...Sony, I hate.

I worry about Microsoft because their moderate success in this industry thus far seems to prove that if you have enough money (and advertising...), you can be a contender in the industry...that producing great systems and games (ie. Sega - R.I.P. Dreamcast) isn't enough to survive or truely needed. You just gotta get the name out there. Over adn over and over again. You know, commit over $500 million to advertising alone...the great games will come eventually. (only system seller for the Box, Halo)

I hate Sony because they convinced 50+ million users that a game system doesn't have to have the fastest load times or produce the smoothest graphics and first party developed games just aren't needed (which is truely BS.)...just find ONE great 3rd party game and make sure your system can also play DVDs and CDs and VIOLA! You have a #1 selling game system.

Nintendo I adore for the simple fact that it is the worlds last true gaming company that still manufacturers its own hardware as well as EXCELLENT 1st party games. They insist on making games EVERYONE can play...not just for adults and that I can dig.

Nintendo strives to make great games and nothing else. If the PS brand failed, back to CD & DVD players and other home electronics they go. Microsoft? Need I really explain what THEY would do if the XBOX failed?

Meanwhile - Nintendo solely thrives on providing people of all ages with quality & unique gaming experiences.

So...I ask again:

Who do you align yourself with? Why?

Messages In This Thread
Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft - by 60FeetUnderWater - 07-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft - by The Brain - 07-02-2003, 10:37 PM
Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft - by Rooner - 07-03-2003, 05:48 AM
Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft - by Keyser Soze - 07-03-2003, 06:09 AM
Sony vs. Nintendo vs. Microsoft - by The Brain - 07-03-2003, 11:30 PM