Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leetch = ???????
Quote:Originally posted by Faceman

Sather not talking to Leetch before he traded him away is a fucking joke, plain and simple. How you get rid of a player that can be considered one of the greated U.S defensemen in history without even consulting him or asking him what he wants to do is a fucking slap in the face to him, the fans and tradition that the Rangers supposedly stand for. Sather is a fucking clown and he has ruined a once proud organization. And if he turns around and re-signs Messier after the season after he is supposedly \"re-building\" this team, he deserves all the bullshit and anger that comes his way.

I agree whoelheartedly. The only thing I can thank Sather for is that he sent Leetch to a team that actually has a chance to compete for the cup this year. I know I'll be rooting for Leetchie and the Leafs from here on out this season.

Quote:Thank god I got off this bandwagon before this move.

Quitter.

You were never a true fan if you jump ship when the going gets rough. Rolleyes

Duderino - true that; 2000 would have been a great time to start this process, who knows where the Blueshirts could have been right now if that actually happened.

:Confusedigh::
The Rangers can lose every game of every season, and my presence will still grace section 315 for at least 5-10 games a season. I was there this past Tuesday to witness Leetch's last game for the Blueshirts(they lost that game of course). Next season I may even upgrade to the 15 game mini-plan since Dolan will be reducing ticket prices.
[Image: floydsig.jpg]
<marquee>We are the music-makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams; World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.</marquee>
If I could afford it, I'd be at every home game. Period.

Due to my schedule this past season I couldn't make it to any game except one (and that was at the Meadowlands..)

With this price reduction, I'm hoping to snag at least tickets to 2-5 games next season. If so, Dude, I'll look for ya.

Then again, let's hope there even IS a "next season".
I hope and pray they can make some sort agreement. A lockout would KILL hockey... as it is it's struggling here in the States with half ass network TV deals and lack of media interest. Still kills me that no one knows our US JR hockey team won the gold this year... the dramatic comeback in the gold medal game wasn't even televised in the States, I had to read about it on TSN. Only weeks later did ESPN bother to play the game. Yet, they will televise a bunch of fat hicks bowling and acne riddled 12 year-olds in the Little League world series.
[Image: floydsig.jpg]
<marquee>We are the music-makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams; World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.</marquee>
The national spelling bee rocks!
&lt;img src=&quot;http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/wilbraforce/sigs/headersig.jpg&quot;&gt;
I like hockey but it's for whatever reason, not as popular as BB and Football. Maybe it will be an alternative eventually when baseball goes down the shitter...
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
Quote:You were never a true fan if you jump ship when the going gets rough.

There is a point when even a true fan, like myself, gets sick and tired of the same old rhetoric. The truth is, I still follow them, up until they get eliminated from the playoffs either statistically or mathematically, but not as fervently as I used to. I got to the point where I wasn't willing to put up the blood and effort it took to follow them religiously when it was obvious that they weren't putting out the same effort I was in rooting for them. At least show me you're trying, then I could take something out of it, but this team QUIT, plain and simple and I can't sit back and root for a bunch of well paid players who don't care. Leetch was my favorite Ranger of all time since Granato, another guy who they traded away for absolutely nothing, Fuck if I had a quarter for every quality player this team has traded away in an effort to fill the garden, not win a championship but fill seats, i wouldn't have to work anymore. Anybody else remember Tony Amonte, Mike Ridley, Dan Cloutier, Niklas Sundstrom????? I just got tired of the bullshit this year, next year I'll be ready for the start of the season with my 3 Rangers jerseys cleaned, pressed and ready for battle.
[center]&lt;img src=&quot;http://home.mindspring.com/~faceman713/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/kobe.jpg&quot;&gt;

Kids, this is a message from your Uncle Billy. Don't buy drugs. Wait until you're a rock star, and they give them to you for free!

[/center]
This particular rant of yours is a far more respectable explanation, much better than citing the "jump ship" statement.

That, I can understand and relate to.

When I first started following hockey, back in 1990, (late bloomer, I know...) Darren Turcotte was my first favorite Ranger. Then there was Kovie as a rookie.

Leetch I always admired.
Quote:Originally posted by Faceman
Sather not talking to Leetch before he traded him away is a fucking joke, plain and simple. How you get rid of a player that can be considered one of the greated U.S defensemen in history without even consulting him or asking him what he wants to do is a fucking slap in the face to him, the fans and tradition that the Rangers supposedly stand for. Sather is a fucking clown and he has ruined a once proud organization. And if he turns around and re-signs Messier after the season after he is supposedly \"re-building\" this team, he deserves all the bullshit and anger that comes his way. Thank god I got off this bandwagon before this move. They have disgraced a franchise that I watched since I was a kid

What Sather did to Leetch is a disgrace!!
The guy gave everything he had to this team for 17 years and his reward is getting traded..not only to a different team.... but to a different country!!!!!!
" Brian youve been the heart and soul of this team for years so to show our appreciation we're gonna send you away from your wife and children for about a month or so...no hard feelings right "?
Fuck Sather!!!! No good prick that he is!!!!:mad::mad:
&quot;I keep the bible in a pool of blood so that none of its lies can affect me&quot;
Dustin Diamond?
<center>[Image: alkeysalsa.jpg]</center>
<font color=red><marquee>You ain't no motha'fuckin' bully... and I ain't bowin' to no motha'fuckin' bully... I won't allow it ain't gon' cowar to no bully, I'll be damned if I don't stand up to a bully... fight like a man and throw my hands up to a bully...</font></marquee>