Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bertuzzi Incident
This was a sick hit. I think the punishment totally fits the action.

Now Hunter's hit on Turgeon was awful too, but Domi's hit on Neidermayer was just as bad as Hunter's.
It wasn't that bad. Bertuzzi got "lucky", caught him in the temple, and knocked him out. The pile on is probably what broke his vertebra. These kind of things (sucker punches, guys hitting people from behind..etc) happen all the time in hockey it's just unfortunate that the guy got seriously injured. Hockey is a violent sport by nature. Now Bertuzzi is gonna take all the heat for it for a little while. It happens. The heat will die out until somebody else gets hurt then the batton will get passed to the next scapegoat.
[Image: hurricanecharley.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by diceisgod
The pile on is probably what broke his vertebra.

As much as Bertuzzi's action sickened me, this was my thinking as well when I saw the replay. There were easily 5-6 guys on top of Moore before it was broken up. That much weight was probably was caused the break.
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
Well i think just the way he landed on his head probly broke it, but the pile on didn't do much to make it any better.
The second Bertuzzi hit Moore in the head he was unconscious and bertuzzi didn't know that. He lost his balance and a whole pile up fell on them. It was an accident it happens in a game like hockey. I think everyone should just leave him alone.
[Image: mj5.jpg]
You're kidding me right?? Cheap shot plain and simple. And he deserves any punishment he gets.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
Did I say he didn't deserve punishment? I think the punishment he got was fair. I just think the press and the people should leave him alone he's going through enough.
[Image: mj5.jpg]
Unfortunately my dear it doesn't work that way. He'll do fine in his next profession, since his hockey career is over.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
Bertuzzi isn't going anywhere. He'll be back and just as good as he's been.
[Image: hurricanecharley.jpg]