CDIH

Full Version: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7/ie7betaredirect.mspx">http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7 ... irect.mspx</a><!-- m -->
so has anyone given this a try?
ive been using it for about a year now, its called firefox
its firefox without the memory leaks and extentions....im using it now, its faster than FF, less crashing, and has this cool thumbnail view of all your tabbed pages.

the biggest downfall is no extensions, which is a dealbreaker for me. i'll continue to use FF for anything that doesnt involve embedded video unless IE ever decides to embrace extensions.
the FF update seems to have significantly reduced the memory leak for me, I tested it last night and with three tabs open, 1 of which was on a flash site I never cracked 100,000 and when I closed the flash tab the memory dropped down to around 60,000 - whereas prior to this the memory would be up to 150,000 and regardless of closing the tab the memory usage continued to rise. It could still be betetter but at least now closing a tab actually reduces usage (as it should).

As for IE, I'm not using anything listed as Beta that comes from MS.
i think i'm the only person in the world left who doesnt like tabs...i enjoy having about 5 different IE windows so that i know what i'm doing in each of them
the thing i dont like about tabs is i can't ALT-TAB to them, is there another keyboard shortcut to jump from tab to tab?
CTRL-TAB will let you fly through them - much like it does in excel.
nice!!! thank you sir!
np
maxthon> iE7
plus maxthon uses some extensions
Quote:Maxthon does NOT have its own HTML-rendering engine. Instead, it uses the Internet Explorer engine to render HTML. For this reason, it has all the security weaknesses of IE. Maxthon is cool, but the security risks are unacceptable.

no thanks
where did you get that quote?
the internet.
from a review linked on the maxathon site - to be fair, most of the people jumped him, but it sounds like it's a repackaging of IE - and I cant find any documentation stating how it works with activeX - assuming it does in the same way as IE then security is still an issue.
arpi..what do you use for your mac. I find Safari a bit volitile on 10.3 OSX, so i moved to Firefox..but system has a few quirks there too. Any problems with browsers for you on your mac?
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Max...29407732/2

and from the review right before the one I linked :

Quote:Also i think security is over rated, people that don't use this browser just because it uses IE engine doesn't make sense, because in fact it runs faster then firefox, loads faster, and in my experience even uses less resources.

yes, getting spyware, trojans & overall slowdowns on a PC is over rated :roll:

and having the browser load faster has nothing to do with security, it has to do with it being incorporated into the Windows shell which is also a security hole. Internet applications should RUN on an operating system, not be a PART of one.
none at all. version 2.0.3 for safari.

osx 10.4.4
odd. maybe its because I use Quark and Photoshop at the same times...or Font Agent. I run Safari 2.03 as well. Safari crashes at least once, usually at least twice, per day. Also sometimes slows the system down until I Hard-Close it. Very odd.
i use photshop at the same time and have no issues
Pages: 1 2 3