CDIH

Full Version: because we haven't had a political thread in like two weeks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
is bush the worst president ever?
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rollingstone.com/news/profile/story/9961300/the_worst_president_in_history">http://www.rollingstone.com/news/profil ... in_history</a><!-- m -->

its kinda long but covers a lot. it doesn't seem completely biased to me, but i'm sure someone will think it is, especially since its in rolling stone

some parts i found interesting
Quote:According to the Treasury Department, the forty-two presidents who held office between 1789 and 2000 borrowed a combined total of $1.01 trillion from foreign governments and financial institutions. But between 2001 and 2005 alone, the Bush White House borrowed $1.05 trillion, more than all of the previous presidencies combined.

Quote:But no president before Bush has allowed the press to disclose, through a close friend, his startling belief that he was ordained by God to lead the country.

Quote:Bush's alarmingly aberrant take on the Constitution is ironic. One need go back in the record less than a decade to find prominent Republicans railing against far more minor presidential legal infractions as precursors to all-out totalitarianism. "I will have no part in the creation of a constitutional double-standard to benefit the president," Sen. Bill Frist declared of Bill Clinton's efforts to conceal an illicit sexual liaison. "No man is above the law, and no man is below the law -- that's the principle that we all hold very dear in this country," Rep. Tom DeLay asserted. "The rule of law protects you and it protects me from the midnight fire on our roof or the 3 a.m. knock on our door," warned Rep. Henry Hyde, one of Clinton's chief accusers. In the face of Bush's more definitive dismissal of federal law, the silence from these quarters is deafening.
i'm not saying bush is in lincoln's league..
but in that article they're clearly omitting mitigating factors to why certain actions are being taken now that weren't taken in the 1700's.
or the 1990's
wow, 1.05 trillion.

just......wow

I like that "Confessions of Nick Lachey" and "Pearl Jam, Best Album In 10 Years" shares the cover with Bush in a dunce cap.
I read that Nick Lachey article, was a fuckin pussy he is.
the new PJ cd doesnt impress me at all.
i gotta give that a listen.
the new tool album is typical, a few decent songs and some background music
ruimor has it that the leaked tool is more a b-sides cd, and there's a whole other cd on the way.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKXr40gl9_k">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKXr40gl9_k</a><!-- m -->
so political
Isn't Ford or Carter regarded as the worst ever?
I would have to go with Warren Harding or Ulysess Grant.
Grover Clevland....both times.
Lincoln cause he freed the nigs, LOL amirite?
Coolidge
Coolidge is a good choice.
Quote:According to the Treasury Department, the forty-two presidents who held office between 1789 and 2000 borrowed a combined total of $1.01 trillion from foreign governments and financial institutions. But between 2001 and 2005 alone, the Bush White House borrowed $1.05 trillion, more than all of the previous presidencies combined.

Now if we give for inflation. This stat is retarded.
GonzoStyle Wrote:Coolidge is a good choice.

why? i was actually just throwing out names, i just looked coolidge up, he seems like he was pretty decent actually.
it's between grant and buchanan
Keyser Soze Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:Coolidge is a good choice.

why? i was actually just throwing out names, i just looked coolidge up, he seems like he was pretty decent actually.

From what I have read about him, he was a decent and actually very good person but he never should have been president. His idea of the presidency was basically the idea of this board, do nothing and let things flow. His motto was the activity of inactivity and his poor economic policies helped pave the way for the depression.

But I wouldnt rate him the worst because he couldn't have foreseen that, though he did forsee the eventual economic crash that was to come but at that point it was too late and he did not run for a second term because of the impending collapse, though he said it was for health reasons.

But sleeper brought up a great one that completely slipped my mind, James Buchanan. He presided over the secession of most of the southern states, he has to be the worst ever. Buchanan wanted Kansas admitted as a slave state, despite the fraudulent nature of the “elections” that the repugnant Missourian David Atchison and other thugs had foisted upon that territory. The events in Kansas convinced many Northerners that the Democrats were incapable of settling the slave issue in a way that Northerners could stomach. Later, when states began to secede, Buchanan said he didn’t believe states had that right but that the Federal government was powerless to do anything about it. Therefore, Buchanan’s policies toward Kansas did the most to bring about the Civil War and his inaction when states began to secede, despite his vehement insistence that states could not secede, only solidifies his position as the worst president ever.

Franklin Pierce is also a close 2nd.

My 5 worst list would be:

1. James Buchanan
2. Franklin Pierce
3. Ulysess Grant
4. Warren Harding
5. Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 3