CDIH

Full Version: Chris Benoit and family found dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
BENOIT FOUND DEAD

WWE is sad to report that Chris Benoit and his family have been found dead in their home. Police are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the deaths. Tonight's Raw will be a tribute to Chris and his family.

WWE.com just added the following note:

Chris Benoit, family found dead
Written: June 25, 2007

World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Tonight’s Raw on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

This is fucking horrible. If he did it himself, he should rot in hell. If not, this is just fucked up.
holy shit, that is fucking nuts. And no word yet on why, what the hell goes on with wrestling man.
this is really fucked up.
It just seems like ther is so much of this shit that happens in the wrestling business. Whether it be Benoit, Owen Hart, Eddie Guerrero, they all died so young. It just fucking sucks.
evidently last night he pulled-out from the PPV due to a family emergency...and headed back to Atlanta.

Today, along with his wife and kid: found dead.
News reports are quoting authorities as saying the death of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy, and son Daniel, is being investigated as a homicide.

Furthermore, the Atlanta-Journal Constitution altered the paragraph of their article on the Benoit family deaths. The third paragraph of the article originally read:

"Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death."

The third paragraph of the article has been changed to read:

"Officials were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide."

Furthermore, the lieutenant on the case, Lt. Tommy Pope, said the three were actually found dead at their home at around 2:30 p.m., not 4:00 p.m. like originally reported by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution. The lieutenant said results of autopsies were expected Tuesday.

MyFoxAtlanta.com article
perhaps it's payback for him killing vince.
Paper Boy Wrote:perhaps it's payback for him killing vince.

Seriously, you're a douchebag
I'm still all, like, what the fuck. What the fuck makes someone snap and kill their whole family
The Jays Wrote:I'm still all, like, what the fuck. What the fuck makes someone snap and kill their whole family

Especially someone with the life he had.
roid rage?
Keyser Soze Wrote:roid rage?

I don't know. It wasn't like he was excessively huge, like some of the others. I wouldn't dismiss it.
I don't think roid rage could explain complete insanity like this shit.
The Jays Wrote:I'm still all, like, what the fuck. What the fuck makes someone snap and kill their whole family

you'll realize it soon
that is not funny, and I do not appreciate it.
oh snap!
The Jays Wrote:that is not funny, and I do not appreciate it.

I giggled a little.
lush Wrote:
The Jays Wrote:that is not funny, and I do not appreciate it.

I giggled a little.

Cause you're the funny one and probably the one who will do the killing.
just wow, he choked out his own wife and kids.

Quote:AP: Benoit Strangled Wife, Smothered Son
ATLANTA, Tue Jun 26, 01:24 PM

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son. Steroid abuse has been linked to depression, paranoia, and aggressive behavior or angry outbursts known as "roid rage."

"We don't know yet. That's one of the things we'll be looking at," said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard. He said test results may not be back for weeks.

Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Authorities were investigating the deaths at a secluded Fayette County home as a murder-suicide and were not seeking any suspects. The official who described the manner of death spoke on the condition of anonymity because the information was to be released at a news conference later Tuesday.

Investigators believe Benoit (pronounced ben-WAH) killed his wife, 43-year-old Nancy, and son Daniel during the weekend and then himself Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three separate rooms of the house, off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return calls seeking comment. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

Asked about the condition of the interior of the house, sheriff's Sgt. Keith Whiteside said investigators found "nothing really out of the ordinary." He said Benoit was found in the home's weight room, his wife in an office and the son in an upstairs bedroom.

Neighbors said the Benoits led a low-key lifestyle.

"We would see Chris walking in his yard from time to time. He wasn't rude, but he wasn't really outwardly warm," said Alaina Jones, who lives across the street.

Jimmy Baswell, who was Benoit's driver for more than five years, placed a white wreath at the Benoits' gate. "They always seemed like they were the happiest people," he said.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received "several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning."

The WWE, based in Stamford, Conn., said authorities asked that it not release further information on the deaths.

Benoit, born in Montreal, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles. His names in the ring included "The Canadian Crippler."

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the company said in a statement on its Web site.

"He was like a family member to me, and everyone in my family is taking it real hard," said fellow Canadian Bret Hart, a five-time champion with the World Wrestling Federation. The federation has since changed its name to World Wrestling Entertainment.

Benoit had maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling. The Fayette County Tax Assessors Office lists the value of the house, situated on more than 8.5 acres, at nearly $900,000.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

Benoit's wife managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name "Woman." They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of a story line on World Championship Wrestling, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.

———

Associated Press writers Debbie Newby and Jason Bronis contributed to this report.
Vince McMahon is a murderer.

Anybody that still watches and contributes money to the WWEFG whatever the fuck it is should be fired from their job, have their house and vehicle repossessed, and be deported - preferably to Africa. Anybody that allows their children to watch should be charged with child abuse and have them taken away and put into foster homes - preferably in Africa. It's just inexcusable already. People that still like this product have absolutely no redeemable qualities. They are the dregs of society and represent everything that is wrong with this country. I used to shake my head at how people in the 80s/90s mocked wrestling and wrestling fans. They just didn't "get it." But now I completely understand where they were coming from. It's embarrassing to admit that I even know who all these dead wrestlers are and remember back when they didn't need to pump their bodies full of substances in order to get a push.

Fucking ridiculous.
Pages: 1 2 3 4