CDIH

Full Version: Tab sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have been raiding alot of tab sites lately and was wondering if any of you guitar players have any favorite tabs or tab sites that you use alot.
For a huge list of Dead tunes try R U Kind?. They also have a pretty basic list of Floyd, Zappa, Stones, Neil Young, etc. Your basic stoner standards.
damn.....I got all excited.

I thought this was a thread about buying LSD on the web. :disappointed:
Quote:damn.....I got all excited.

I thought this was a thread about buying LSD on the web.
hey, theres a shocker. maynerd posting a pointless comment in a thread that has nothing to do with him. wow.
But it's ok for you to do it in everyone elses threads?

Lighten up francis.

I post to make myself laugh. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Edited By Maynard on April 29 2002 at 5:23
why are there all these empty spaces in this thread?all i see is danked in here...
i see arpi and maynard too. oh! i get it!
There you go again fbd, with your unfunney. :disappointed:
Quote:I post to make myself laugh. If you don't like it, don't read it
proof positive that once you go black, you never go back
And you say that I say stupid shit? Rolleyes
Once you learn how to play Sweet Home Alabama there is nothing worth learning. NOTHING.
Um... olga.net? :clueless:
i use this site:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.guitartabs.net/">http://www.guitartabs.net/</a><!-- m -->

its great but new tab sites are always cool

Edited By Arpikarhu on April 29 2002 at 5:48
Here's a tougher question for you.

I got this: Frett Logic to learn the CAGE system, scales, chords, etc. It's an excellent book.

But, it doesn't teach any songs. Tabs good for that, but requires a good ear to pick out just the one guitar your trying to play from the drums, vocals, bass, etc.

Took some lessons in highschool, but I had a lousy teacher and never got back to it.

What do you think is the best way to teach yourself how to play guitar? Just want to play along with my favorite songs for my own entertainment (and the challenge of learning how to play.)

Any advice?
i thought this was about tab soda, and that stuff is horrible, and leads to your brain rotting away in your head
Quote:Just want to play along with my favorite songs for my own entertainment
i started the same way. i used the EZ play books. they show the chords and the strum pattern. really easy to use. i was playing songs within days. also learned chords through repetition. once i mastered those it was a natural progression to harder stuff. great way to learn cause you can at least play songs right away.
So to play guitar, all I need to learn is the G A and D chords? (a.k.a. the holy trinity)
Quote:damn.....I got all excited.
I thought this was a thread about buying LSD on the web

Not quite LSD......but.... :thumbs-up:
Quote:So to play guitar, all I need to learn is the G A and D chords?
that and a few barres and you can pretty much play anything.(gotta have c and f in there for the stones)
Harmony Central
Tabcrawler
these are the two i usually use.
Pages: 1 2