CDIH

Full Version: Meyers-briggs type indicators - Understanding personality types
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
OK, so Kid says we never have any interesting or stimulating threads here. As we all would like to get along, let's amuse Kid.

So do you believe in personality testing. Does it help you in dealing with other people. As a senior level manager, I have learned to live by the Meyers-Briggs theory. I think Kid is a ENTP. What do you think?
I once had a personality test that was sent to me.
It was a morality test based upon the Robin Hood story.
I thought it nailed me.
I passed it on in my office and the results were stunning.
If anyone wants it I will email it to them.
You didn't get one letter right, you dumb fuck!!!

Personality testing is about as accurate as horoscopes, IMHO. They are based on your answers, which can be tailored depending on your desired outcome.
I had to just take one of those before I enter my graduate program (in two weeks)

It's like the fourth time I've taken the Myers-Briggs test in my life and every time I get the same result (ESTP)

This time I passed with flying colors as I got a perfect score in the T/F portion (I scored zero for "feeling")
Quote:You didn't get one letter right, you dumb fuck!!!
His real personallity type is D.I.C.K.
Quote:You didn't get one letter right, you dumb fuck!!!

Bullshit. There is no way you scored higher on feeling than you did on thinking. If so, there is no way you are "keeping it real" with your posts on this board.
Kid, that just means the test is as accurate as you are honest about yourself.
i'd totally like to take a personality test one of these days.
actually, I just looked again, and you're right, galt. the T is the only correct one of the four, though.

soup, what it means is that I can make you think whatever I want you to, about me.

the situation in which I am given the test may very well effect my answers. depends on whether or not I want you to know the real me.

Edited By Kid Afrika on May 13 2002 at 3:28
Ah but Mr Kid I disagree. As a gentleman and a scholar that you so wish us to believe you are, you know that the variance on testing is plus or minus 3% at best. The questions on the test are designed to weed out an attempt to throw off the results.

And IMHO is not a valid Meyers-Briggs category. Your options are;
Introvert
Extravert
Sensing Type
Intuitive Type
Thinking Type
Feeling Type
Judging Type
Perceptive Type

And is there any value in calling someone a Dumb Fuck if you want to carry on a meaningfull and stimulating intellectual thread?
I can't remember what my results were in school, I'm bored, anyone got a link to the tests? ken?

Edited By Spitfire on May 13 2002 at 3:31
Ikea just so you know, its a test to determine your personality type, not a test on television and movie personalities.
IMHO - in my humble opinion

ISTJ - my results on a meyers briggs test, two weeks ago.
i've taken one of those a few years ago...whole lot of little questions put together in some journey through the woods, basically gets how you feel about certain things like edjucation, self esteem, etc.i also took one that associated our personality with colors or some shit.i've been meaning to find another one to take, just to see what i'd get...ken, send me the thing?
I think there is a fine line between judging and perceiving.

I am definately an extrovert socially. But this board (and all messageboards) are actually a very introverted activity.

Thinking/feeling. Most rational people are thinking over feeling.

And I forget what the S or N are. One is sensing, but I forget what the N is.

I just remember being overwhelmingly EST and then the Judging/perceiving thing was very close.
i want to take the test too...come on, please let me take it
Quote:Ikea just so you know, its a test to determine your personality type, not a test on television and movie personalities.
damn it I thought it was about the star of Austin Powers and the host of monstervision...carry on. And yes, I would like to request the thing as well
For a very quick test
Meyers-Briggs Test

And for the record I'm INTJ

N is for Intuitive Galt
Kid, my point is you are only kidding yourself by not answering honestly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4