CDIH

Full Version: Amusement park rides
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now that Spring is upon us I am looking forward to the opening of Great Adventure and other amusement parks.......
what do you consider the best and worst rides you have been on.

Best ride for me is the Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure.

Worst, I would join the masses and say Small World.
Best ride: Your sister

Worst ride: Your sister......still can't get that stank outta my clothes
How about the "Line Simulation" Ride?
Quote:How about the "Line Simulation" Ride?
:rofl: Although I did like in Disney how they try to make the line sorta interesting. (except for Space Mountain, that was a dull line)

I like Medusa at Action Park, it seemed really long. Everytime I thought it was over, it was just slowing for a turn or something & would go again.... like good sex. :thumbs-up:
best - Nitro
worst - Lightening Loops, got stuck on it once for 2 hours
no rides for me...i is scared Undecided
Gravitron - The one that looks like a alien spaceship and spins really fast, using the G-Forces to push you against the walls. The best times I've had on that ride usually involve me and my friends recreating WWF matches while spinning upside down.
I had a friend ride the Gravitron and the guy next to him puked. The catch was, he was stuck to the walls and couldn't move and the puke kept coming towards him. needless to say I WILL NOT BE RIDING ANY GRAVITRONS. If I wanted someone to puke on me, I'd go to Ken's house and feed his sister Heinekens and fudge.

Batman at Great Adventures was a pretty cool coaster. I prefer the wooden ones though. Rolling Thunder totally rocks. The way that thing shakes, you'd swear that it was going to fall apart any minute.
The cyclone is the best ride evar. I love old wooden rollercoasters. The fear that it might finally collapse is enough to put the fear of God in you. I also think the wooden ones are beautiful to look at.
The Incredible Hulk at Islands of Adventure is one of the best coasters I've been on. Nice little surprise at the beginning. Spiderman is the best simulation ride EVER!

The runaway train at Great Adventure sucks because I'm really tall and it's PAINFUL for me to sit in that thing with the bar on the tops of my knees.

Haven't been to GA since before they opened Medusa. Gotta get back there.

Wanted to go to Alton Towers here in the UK because it has a brand new ten looping coaster and a coaster where you go around laying face down hung from the track, but there is no train anywhere near it and I don't have an international driver's license so I can't rent a car. Really sucks.
Best is Nitro

worst is the runaway train
The fucked up, 25 bucks per jump sling shot at great adventure rocked. Only once though, second time around was lame as could be because you knew what to expect.

I hate any ride at Playland now, place is a fuckin zoo now. Again, the negroids fuck up all the god damned fun.:firebounce:
Shockwave at Paramount's Kings Dominion.
Quote:25 bucks per jump sling shot

Is that the one where you sit in a ball and get fired up or the one with the harness where they drop you from 150 feet up?

Been on the drop one. Think they call it the super swing. Scariest ride I've ever been on.
For those who've never seen it, you put on this harness thing that goes from your shoulders to your ankles. The attendant hooks up you and up to three of your friends to a half inch thick steel cable. Then the floor lowers and you all suddenly fall face first and end up laying face down. Then the winch starts and you are pulled up and back 150 feet in the air. At the top, the attendant calls out on the speaker to pull the cord. The person on the right pulls a rip cord just like a parachute. It releases you and you free fall almost the whole way face down until the cable goes taught and you swing out at around 60 miles and hour. You just swing back and forth a few times until they hold up a rubber ring at the end of a pole for you to grab onto and stop. What's really fucked up is how slowly they pull you up so that the ground slowly gets further away. When we got off the attendant told us there was one in Tampa that was 300 feet high. Never got down there to see it.
It's the slingshot I thik. They harness you and up to two friends and attach a cable to your back, they then raise you up a few hundred feet and you pull the release at the couint of three and you wind up swinging all the way across the park. The first go around ruled, scared the shit out of me. Second time, though, it just doesn't scare anymore because you know the feelings that are coming. I thought for shit sure I was going to crash into a fuckin tree. I went on it with my girl friend at the time and it took a month for the scars of her fingernails to heal on my arm. Stupid bitch.
Hey, 6 Flags in Glens Falls (North of Albany) isn't that far away. I have a friend who traveled 3 1/2 hours to go to the one in NJ. I got to tell him that the one near Albany is just as close, plus less Bronx and Queens people fucking it all up.

Playland sucks ass. $5 for the dragon ride?
The one I was on.
[Image: ripcord1.jpg]
[Image: ripcord.jpg]

The one I thought Sean was talking about.
[Image: ejection_seat.jpg]

Edited By Arthur Dent on May 17 2002 at 11:00
Isn't that like the Superman ride Sean? I want to go on that this year.

EDIT- I was on the bottom pic Arthur....

I went on a slingshot one, me and someone else in a steel cge with bungee cords completely stretched out so that when they let them go, you get catapulted really high in the air and then back down, all the while spinning in the cage. I love rides but this was the scriest thing ever. I don't mind falling from heights but being shot straight up in the air is a pretty fucking crazy feeling, defying everything you thought about gravity...

Edited By Spitfire on May 17 2002 at 11:01
The Dragon is a wodden coaster but it is just rotted to shit. Playland just should be wiped off the planet. While it is crowded, of course. I hate that fuckin place with a passion, it is just filth flarn filth now. At least now we know what an ammusement park in harlem would look like. Fuckin lowly shit hole it is.

\EDIT= Spit, I don't know what they called the fuckin thing, all I know is it was fucked up, there was no saftey cage like i said, just a harness on your back, I thought it was the second of Dent's pics, but alas, I don't remeber being that close to a parking lot. it was four summers ago and I skipped they extra ten bucks for the video.

Edited By Sean Cold on May 17 2002 at 11:08
I have a season pass to Great Adventure this year and have only gone once, but I plan on going more after work when it's open til 10! I'm always up for a good adrenaline rush...and I have to try GA on shrooms this summer hehe
Pages: 1 2 3