CDIH

Full Version: Recommendations thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think one of the purposes of a music forum should be to get people informed about other music that they wouldn't normally listen to or know. I love it when I get to hear new stuff...Slash got me into Matthew Ryan, Maynard got me into the Melvins..

And since we all know pretty much know what everyone hear listens to this should be easy...cuz at times I'll be listening to something and thinking, "sean may like this or slash might dig this..."

So here's some band recommendations:

Polly- Jucifer
Sean & Becky - High on Fire & Mastodon
Lunababe - Ben Harper
everybody - Halfway to Gone
I already sent ya the Otep album so i guess that kind of counts as a recommendation. I want to send you Chimaira next, real good shit.

If you like hard music, you should definatly check these albums out.

I do recommend that nobody with any brain matter avoid the shit out of Deadsy.

Oh, and as long as you can get past the fact that Mushroomhead wears masks, XX is a good album from a bunch of gimmick stealing tools.
Fuck it, if I am going to fall under the "everybody" umbrella, I'm outta here :angry:

Hey Ah Na Na, recommend you borrow.<font color="#EEEEEE">

Edited By SLASH on June 29 2002 at 5:20
Quote:I do recommend that nobody with any brain matter avoid the shit out of Deadsy.

Oh, and as long as you can get past the fact that Mushroomhead wears masks, XX is a good album from a bunch of gimmick stealing tools.
deadsy has this one song itsy bitsy titsy girl which isn't too bad, but its better to listen to just because of the lyrics. they just sound way to much like orgy, but with more crappy keyboard crap in the background

as for mushroomhead, i thought i heard they were around before slipknot. but anyway, #8 (the singer) and #4 (one of the guitarists i think) from slipknot have a side project called 'stone sour'. it was the band they were in before slipknot, and they rejoined with them. i'm downloading some songs off kazaalite now and its not to bad.
<span style='font-size:83pt;line-height:100%'>EVERYONE-THURSDAY</span>

Edited By HyBriD on June 29 2002 at 10:15
i would recommend "the doves" for luna
For our dear friend Arpi I must recommend Cigarettes & Alcohol by Oasis from the album Definitely Maybe. It should help him remember the good old days when life didn't suck oh so much for him.

For Slash, he needs to check out Nonpoint: Development.
I feel out of touch. I don't know 3/4 of the bands mentioned in this entire forum.
Arthur,
My favorite tool on the Internet for looking up bands....

All Music
Every band, bands that are influenced by them, their whole catalogue, links to cdnow and other sites to hear clip. They're all on there.

MP3.com
mp3's for just about every band, free. You can listen to them and download them. Lots od indy bands.

Knowledge is power :-)
Nice! Mind numbing amount of categories and sub categories. Now, if I just had several days to research...:thumbs-up:
I think maynard would dig coheed & cambria.....really good instrumentals and they have a cool/weird/unique sound to them.

and sleeper and hedcold aside, who i'm sure will feel the need to comment for the 8 billionth time, anyone who wants to hear some good mellow, well written accoustic music should check out dashbaord confessional. the single is not even close to his best stuff so if you don't like it and can get past that song you might enjoy.
Quote:For Slash, he needs to check out Nonpoint: Development
nonpoints first album wasn't too bad, it had a couple of songs, but from this new one all i heard was their single and it seems mellower. is everything like that?
Nope. Didn't have Cold Sweat on those sites.
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Monster Magnet</span> <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>TAB 25</span>

32 mins of noise -- GREAT when tripp'n or stoned
[Image: godsaysno.jpg]
this is a pic from their last CD God Says No
If you like heavy, driven music, Snapcase's "Progression through unlearning" Is a masterpiece. The guitar sound on that album Is so fucking perfect that It makes me ashamed of my own band. Absolutely my favorite album.

Oh yeah, <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Fuck Thursday</span>

Edited By Zootybang on July 04 2002 at 2:36
Decomposed: If you like Deicide you'll like these guys
Anyone who likes smashing shit while listening to music should check out Converge - Jane Doe. <font color="EEEEEE">

Edited By The Sleeper on July 05 2002 at 3:43
I fucking looked for coheed & cambria at TWO different stores today, and neither carries it. Where the fuck do I buy this?
I'm not sure what stores carry it, but you can order it online at cdnow.com or amazon.com or pretty much any other online distro. It's worth it. <font color="EEEEEE">

Edited By The Sleeper on July 05 2002 at 3:42
I don't order things online. SLASH hasn't tought you very well I guess.

I'll have to check that out. I just got through spending $75 on music today plus another $40 Tuesday. That's $10 more than I allow myself a week. Maybe next week.
Pages: 1 2 3