CDIH

Full Version: Stories that stick with you.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was thinking to myself while just smokin and reflecting. You ever just start recollecting or even during a convo have a story to tell to prove a point or just cause it's a cool story.

I don't mean family or personal but stories of athletes, actors, musicians, historical figures, etc.

Stories that you heard maybe once in passing yet it struck you so hard you could never forget it.

Stories that are burned into your mind for eternity that you don't even have to try hard to remember.

I remember recently when hearing about an athlete who called a 6 million dollar contract for a single season "slave wages".

The story that sticks out in my mind are not players like Mays making 50,000 a year. But a story I heard one time about Louis Armstrong. In his later years when Armstrong was well established for decades and a living legend. He sat one night with a friend over some smokes and a beer. Armstrong recalled working on the trolley as a child and his poor background. He went over to the refridgerator and opened it up and there were 6 eggs and a carton of milk inside. He smiled and said "look now I can eat whenever I want, I don't have to be hungry no more."

It bought tears to my eyes, this is a man who should have been able to have anything he wanted in life. But he was greatful for milk and eggs.

Another story is one about Mike Tyson. Tyson in his prime in the 80's into the early 90's was a very accesible person for the media. The media loved him cause he was a throwback to ali. When he went to jail and was offered a reduced sentence if he'd admit he was guilty. He wrote a letter to Jim Grey and said "I will never admit my guilt cause I am not guilty. No matter if they release me tommorow, I will not admit wrong when I am not at fault. However over the course of my life, I have done several things much worse than the crime I was convicted of. So in the end I am where I belong, an animal in his cage. I was never no good and maybe I just belong here."

Love him or hate him, you honestly can't judge the man unless you honestly can sit down and listen to his past and understand it. That story always stood out for me as well.
usually the only stories that stick out in my mind like that are stupid things that happen with your friends and the inside jokes that last with you forever.
this one time at band camp....
i'm trying to think of some stuff, but most i remeber are either a)stupid inside jokes with friends that nobody else would find funny even if explained, or b)stories my dad told me about the shit he did growing up, which are funny, but dont fit in this thread
you kids ever read?
no
yes...but i dont think fiction is what you want, and the books i've read for various history classes dont have many interesting anecdotes in them that arent well known
Intelligent posting, pfft who needs it. Can I get my mint I just proved my case. Seph & Maymay owe me mints.
the only books you've read are star wars 1 - 495 and every sub-story in between.
one that i can think of is when i read marilyn manson's book, it starts out from when he was a kid in his grandfathers basement and he saw all the weird sex shit his grandfather had, and how he hoped to never turn out like that because he was pretty scared of the guy. then in the end he realizes thats who he has become.

Edited By HedCold on June 30 2002 at 02:38
Quote:I don't mean family or personal but stories of athletes, actors, musicians, historical figures, etc.

oops :lol:
Quote:one that i can think of is when i read manson's book, it starts out from when he was a kid in his grandfathers basement and he saw all the weird sex shit his grandfather had, and how he hoped to never turn out like that because he was pretty scared of the guy. then in the end he realizes thats who he has become.

and like this guy I knew got put in this vote and he was voted to be arpi's friend. Then in the end he replied in this post about stories and when I read it, I finally realized why he's arpi's friend. It's like umm the hot chick who befriends the fat chick so the fat chicks ugliness overemphasises the other chicks beauties. Arpi just needed a fat chick.
hedcold bashing = always funny
but, didn't i stay on topic? :clueless:
doesnt matter. you suck.
good one
fo shizzle my nizzle, i speak the trizzle.
One time this guy had an idea for a post he thought would be great, took him 5 minutes to realize his error.... the end.
Quote:One time this guy had an idea for a post he thought would be great, took him 5 minutes to realize his error.... the end.
+ tie = comedy gold
just goes to show how great hybrid is, he's so easy to please.
Pages: 1 2