CDIH

Full Version: Making through a shitty day - how do you do it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do you just make it through an extremly shitty fuckin day?

I am not talking about any shitty day, mind you. I am talking about that one fuckin day where everything just seems to be in the damned shitter every time you turn around. That one cluster fuck where nothing you can or will do seems to help better your miserable situation. I am not talking about the "I want to kill myself" shitty day though. I don't have those kind of thoughts actualy and I am come to the bitter realization that i am the odd one at this point for not ever having such thoughts.

I just tried to take a fuckin walk with the walkman blaring some harsh agressive shit and believe it or not, it seemed to help. I totaly just lost myself and was able to handle things much easier.
When I have those days...
I try to get ahold of a good freind...
Roll a fatty...
And bitch about it till I'm blue in the face...
It seems to help...
Where's he been, anyway?
Quote:Where's he been, anyway?

I don't think he has adjusted well since his release from the hole actually.

And, since all I do is drink at this point, that shit can't help me much. I have learned that drinking while in this type of mood makes me much worse off. I'll drink till stupid and get massivly agressive over the slightest things.

Then, I wake up next to that ugly three legged twat I was dared to fuck. Never a good thing. :disaprove: :disaprove: :disaprove:
Quote:I just tried to take a fuckin walk with the walkman blaring some harsh agressive shit and believe it or not, it seemed to help. I totaly just lost myself and was able to handle things much easier.

Well lucky fuckin' you!

I am the type of person who tries to do something like that, and the headphone wires get snagged on something which sends the walkman flying to the pavement and makes the day even worse.

So, for the answer to your question... I have given up trying.
Catharsis
Go for a walk with walkman blaring
Go for a drive on backroads (the scenery is calming I think)

Escapism
Veg out in a video game
Lose myself in a book (the real world is so far away)

Diversion
Dump the negative feelings and thoughts into a picture or painting
watch a good/stupid/silly movie
Get in a meaningless fight with a friend

Avoidance
Work hard to try to make others smile more in order to mask my own negative feelings

Denial
It's a GRRRrrrrRRREAT day!!

These are the methods I use that I'm aware of.. I may occasionally

Project
Vent my frustration on an innocent bystander
Quote:Go for a drive on backroads (the scenery is calming I think)

Oh yea, Iforgot that one... I do it all the time. Hasn't worked lately tho.<font color=white>

Edited By SLASH on Jan. 25 2002 at 6:25
dude.. I don't know wether to laugh or apologize with that last statement

it was, however, just DRENCHED with sarcasm
I just play with my voo doo dolls. Confusedatan:
I post several times on a message board, slam my laptop shut, shout out a bunch of curses, go for a walk, then go back to posting.
LunaBabe Wrote:I just play with my voo doo dolls. Confusedatan:
Well, at least now I know why I had a fuckin head ache all damned day!

I've tried the driving shit but no matter what, because of my location, I fuckin always hit traffic and that just makes matters worse in the long run!
I have managed to sort of block everything like no matter how bad a day is I just stare into space, remind myself of my complete and utter inadequacy in life, how i'm not worth anything and after like 5 minutes i'm back to my normal state which is kind of down and lethargic.
IkeaBoy Wrote:I have managed to sort of block everything like no matter how bad a day is I just stare into space, remind myself of my complete and utter inadequacy in life, how i'm not worth anything and after like 5 minutes i'm back to my normal state which is kind of down and lethargic.
That might be the most depressing thing I've ever read.
IkeaBoy Wrote:I have managed to sort of block everything like no matter how bad a day is I just stare into space, remind myself of my complete and utter inadequacy in life, how i'm not worth anything and after like 5 minutes i'm back to my normal state which is kind of down and lethargic.
Ikea, I have to try that... you give classes?
Wait a minute Slash, you've given up trying? I thought you sign onto the message board and take your frustrations with life out on me.

As much as I was hoping this thread would help, it hasn't. I don't even want to sit and write everything out because I have no idea whats ailing me. So talking about it won't do any good.

My life is just kind of like Ikea's, except for the fact that I actually have sex with women.
yeah, that works sometimes. i also like to listen to music, loud. depending on why i'm in a shitty mood, i'll play either stupid happy shit, sad whiny crappy shit, or loud angry beat up slappy shit. i find driving is pretty good too, but i'd have to go a hell of a long way to avoid traffic, so that's out of the question at the mo. one day i'd like to learn to use my skates without falling over then i could do that...

oh yeah, the gym works pretty well sometimes too...
If I'm having one of those days at work, I'll just break something, Followed by a few motherfucking this and thats then I'm usually fine.
At home I just let shit go with some tunes and a game.
I usually blast some hardcore tunes in my ears for a while, if that don't help I usually call my best bud and talk with him for a while...he always helps me put things in perspective.
I sleep.

Im up to 18 hours a day now. Im going for my personal best and Aiming for 22 hours.
Quote:or loud angry beat up slappy shit.

Yea, well where the hell is MYLTF anyway? I am sooo surprised that she didn't get an invite. Ken'sPen and MYLTF should be next on the roster. All in favor say "I."

Quote:i find driving is pretty good too, but i'd have to go a hell of a long way to avoid traffic

Traffic...mmmmmmmmm
i try to remind myself that if i stay upbeat and think positivley that i can turn a bad day into a happy one. I realize that if a day is bad its only because i've fallen prey to negative thoughts. I start thinking of how lucky i am to be alive in this beautiful world and all of a sudden, the day isnt bad anymore.
I hope this works for you.
Pages: 1 2