CDIH

Full Version: Tom Hanks as Abe Lincoln?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Hanks in Spielberg's Abraham Lincoln Biopic!?
Tuesday, July 30, 2002 11:38 CDT

We'll have to see if this one gets confirmed or not, as it's definitely a rumor for now. According to scooper 'dark_knight', a local TV program announced today that Tom Hanks will team-up with Steven Spielberg to do the life story of Abraham Lincoln.

Gladiator co-writer John Logan scripted the biopic of Lincoln for DreamWorks partner Steven Spielberg to direct. The project focuses on how the 16th U.S. president steered the country through the Civil War.

'Stax' also tells us that Tom Hanks is a descendant of Nancy Hanks, mother of Abe Lincoln!

Hanks is a great character actor but I think this maybe a role he can't pull off. I know speilberg thinks the world of him as an actor but hanks as lincoln? I can't even picture him pulling off the look. Naturally a Lincoln Bio done by Speilberg sounds like an awesome movie though.
Quote:Naturally a Lincoln Bio
gee, i wonder how its going to end
duh, he ends the vietnam war and develops alzheimers.
maybe he'll kill hitler
That was Kennedy, when he ordered the bay of figs invasion.
will he drop the bomb on the japs?
Dropping atomic weapons in slanty eyed fucks who mock us is always funny.
you guys are all dumb. he's gonna get into the final death match with saddam hussein over kuwaiti oil.
Is Dr. Strangelove gonna referee since Mills Lane is in the hospital?
Quote:Naturally a Lincoln Bio done by Speilberg sounds like an awesome movie though.
it sounds like an awful idea!! speilberg will over sentimentalize the whole story, bury facts like lincoln not really wanting to free the slaves, or his wifes insanity, and turn the whole thing into one big pablumesque mess. Speilberg sucks!!
i wonder who he's going to sleep with
Quote:i wonder who he's going to sleep with

DUH! don't you know history? Abe has the big affair with marilyn monroe
Quote:like lincoln not really wanting to free the slaves

Like that would be a bad thing, it would be a great heel turn for abe. Maybe Lincoln is the one who put Shawn Michales head through the car window.
Quote:DUH! don't you know history? Abe has the big affair with marilyn monroe
he's not the one who digs black chicks?
That was president jessie jackson.
didn't he play baseball?
That was Jessie Owens, he Hit 3 home runs in the same at bat.
oh. so jesse jackson was in the jackson 5?
If Spielberg had any balls he'd cast brando as lincoln. now THERE would be a biopic that would make me watch. a big fat fuck abe who doesn't know how to talk.
No numbnuts, he was president in the 80's, he had the hymie vice president.
Pages: 1 2