CDIH

Full Version: Religion - How can so many people be right?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are so many religions in the world, which one is right. And, if that one religion is the right one, isn't everyone else doomed to spend eternity in Hell?

If I have some how impuned on the sanctity of your church, should I be put to death? Or, should you as a god fearing person accept that my belief structure doesn't hold any sanctity in your church. Thusly rendering your church just another building.

I mean sure, my theory shows complete and utter disregard for the feelings and wishes of others. But, their assuming that their religion is better than all others shows disregard for others as well.

So, if I bang some chick in the ass in your church, I grant you full permission to piss on the minora(sp?) as the local temle.
Free O and A!!!!! :-D
Quote:NEW YORK (Reuters) - A Virginia couple was arraigned on Friday after they were arrested for allegedly having sex in a vestibule of St. Patrick's Cathedral while parishioners worshiped nearby.
Loretta Lynn Harper, 35, of Alexandria, and her boyfriend, Brian Florence, 37, of Quantico, were charged with obscenity in the third degree and public lewdness.

Another man, Paul Mercurio, 42, of New York, who allegedly engaged in a live radio commentary on the sex act, also was arraigned on a charge of acting in concert with the couple.

The three were arrested on Thursday.

The couple had entered a radio contest of the WNEW afternoon talk program, "Opie and Anthony," a police spokesman said. As part of the live show, six couples were given a list of 54 different high-risk locations at which to have sex in the city, including St. Patrick's on Fifth Avenue, and nearby Rockefeller Center.

An usher observed the couple and also saw Mercurio on his cell phone allegedly relaying the stunt back to the radio station, where he worked as a field producer, the police spokesman said.

Joe Zwilling, a spokesman for the Archdiocese of New York, called the incident, "Disgusting."

Kid is your name Brian? :clueless:
I like peanut butter and jelly.
My point was more about the people that are horrified by even the thought of such an act happening in their church.

The value of a church eludes me. Isn't your faith more important than the building in which you pray? Does it matter if you worship on a street corner or in a $1.5M monstrousity with stained glass windows?

I say if you truly believed in your god, you wouldn't be bothered by such trivial things as someone having a little anal in a vestibule in your church.

As a nation we are overly concerned with the idiosyncrasies of people on far too insignificant issues. The church should hold no more status than any other building.

Oh well, I had hoped that someone would partake in a discussion on this topic. But, it appears that oas' alzheimer's has set in and he can only remember that he likes pb&j.
hmmm... Under the seperation of church and state, by arresting those individuals for commiting the act in the church doesn't that cross the border?
One of my favorite Authors, Orson Scott Card, wrote a series of Books, the Seventh Son.
The series delves deeply into human emotion, the family dynamic and religion.
The main characters believe was that God was living. Outside there were trees and animals and birds and life, all the work of god. But man built a sterile environment of rock and dead wood with which to worship god in....

I thought that an interesting notion.
Quote:I mean sure, my theory shows complete and utter disregard for the feelings and wishes of others.
I thought this was more your way of message board life, not just a theory.
Who's going to open for John Stewart????

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS.

THIS IS BIGGER THAN GOD.

WHO IS GOING TO WARM UP THE DAILY SHOW CROWD!?!?
Stained glass is pretty :thumbs-up:

Quote:My point was more about the people that are horrified by even the thought of such an act happening in their church.
It was in poor taste, really. There are just some places that should be taken a little more serious. St Patrick's is one of them. It was a radio stunt designed to foul the place, not about the people & the sex.

If someone wanted to have sex there for themselves, fine... that seems different. Not out in th open hahaha I want to be silly on the radio.
the fractious religious situation in the world is all part of ZOG's plan to keep people from uniting and seeing the real threat.
Ladi, what if it was for research for a Short Bus thread?
The Short Bus is fake, so there is no research needed. Just a suitable imagination. Your point is invalid.... does not compute.
Quote:The value of a church eludes me. Isn't your faith more important than the building in which you pray? Does it matter if you worship on a street corner or in a $1.5M monstrousity with stained glass windows?
in a church theres alot of symbolism = holy people/things
People will often view a church as the last bastion of morality as opposed to the deviant outisde world. It's really ironic because more sex goes on in a church than anywhere else.
or so ZOG would have you think
ZOG is an invention of the JDL to put the blame away from them while they conspire their plots.
**edit *** brain fart. we now continue with our regularly scheduled thread.

Edited By ClusterF@#$ on Aug. 20 2002 at 10:10
The roman catholic church has been fucking people in the ass for almost 2,000 years now, since when is this news? 20 bucks says a priest was sodomizing the corpse of a 12 year old in the confessional at the time. Jesus sodomized newborns in temples, this is hypocritical. O&A are just idiots but that isn't a crime, unfortunatly.
Sorry Kid, didn't have time yesterday for much of a discussion.

The church needs to remain a place of sanctuary. Regardless of your beliefs, churches, temples, mosques have always been respected and honored as special places. Even during wars, while everything around them is destroyed, places of worship are left alone. It is the fear of just in case there is something after death, you don't want to have to answer to a higher entity for desecrating all that is sacred.

The O&A thing was foolish for promoting doing it in a church. St. Patrick’s was definitely the wrong one to choose. It was funny for a moment, but the ramifications will be a shitload to deal with.

The Catholics shouldn't complain too loudly. The actions of their boy fucking priests are a million times worse than two consenting adults banging for a prank. But they look at it as desecration of a holy place. They're not seeing the forest for the trees.
Pages: 1 2