CDIH

Full Version: Sushi.... - Being adventurous
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm going out for Japaneese in a bit with my friend, and I've had some of the rolls before (California, Boston, Tuna and Salmon), but I'm wanting to try something different, but don't know what would be good to try. A friend from work said to try Crunchy Salmon rolls, any other ideas? Thanks.
I have an idea, EAT COOKED FOOD!!! :-o
Try the eel, very tasty in roll form. If you really want to be adventurous, try the real thing! Most places have a nice sushi/sashimi box which will give you a nice variety.
dragon rolls are good, they consist of tuna(raw), eel(cooked) and are rolled in a bed of rice covered with toasted seaweed then the outer layer is made of avocado slices.

ebi shumai-shrimp dumplings
tacosu-a salad consisting of sliced cooked octopus and thinly sliced cucumbers seasoned with a sweet vinegar
sunomono-similar to tacosu only it has a variety of raw and cooked fish in addition to the octopus

it all depends on how adventurous you want to get

Edited By LZMF1 on Aug. 29 2002 at 9:54
Try the fish.
PAF46 here's a link for one of the places that i used to go to in the sticks of northern NJ. the restaurant is japanese and korean. it aint too shabby.

sushi menu

you can check it out if you ever go to that drive-in theatre that i was telling you about.
So I was semi brave and tried the crunchy salmon roll and it was very good. I'm definitely not ready to eat the regular sushi without it being hidden by a roll. The spider rolls looked really cool at the other table.

Thanks for the link LZ. :-)
anytime dear.

spider rolls are yummy.

always remember.......if you pull up, park, and see a shitload of cats near the restarant's dumpster, avoid that place like the plague. it basically means that the fish isn't delivered daily and is funky or their refridgeration unit sucks and the fish is errrrr....ummmmmm......not so fresh. either way, the fish is bad and should be avoided.
Congratulations on your adventerous lunch ::golf clap::
(now I have to have some too) :loveya:
sushi is so good i have a place near me so fresh and good i just love it
Excuse my while I vomit my guts up :clueless:

Food ain't meant to be eaten raw people!!!!
Quote:Food ain't meant to be eaten raw people!!!!

You guys really have to get over the "raw" stigma. It's actually incredibly tasty and is really good for you. I think most people picture a slab of raw, bleeding meat on their plate.

You eat clams and oysters raw, right? Same kind of thing, except it's not usually slimy and nasty like raw shellfish, the texture of most sushi and sashimi is not disgusting at all. Just try it one day and you'll see what you've been missing. :thumbs-up:
Quote:You eat clams and oysters raw, right?

Nope!!! Speaking strictly for myself.....I eat NO seafood whatsoeva
I love raw oysters. :thumbs-up:
I'm not really into sushi, tho.
Quote:I eat NO seafood whatsoeva
I'm with metal on this one. I'm not sure that I'm allergic, but every time I've had shrimp, I've puked. So, I'm not trying to be "adventurous" with seafood.
With me its more of a consistency/taste issue. I've tried fish before but one of those two things just grosses me out beyond belief. Each type of fish seems to cook up differently. At least with cow or chicken, I know what to expect.
I used to dislike the consistency of fish too, but I got over it. :bouncer:
I'm with Kid and Metal on this one. Yuck.
Now I want sushi again for lunch.....the crunchy salmon roll was SO good...it was so sweet and it didn't gross me out at all. I've had the raw shrimp too and that was good, but when I tried to eat the raw salmon or tuna just on the rice, it kinda freaked me out.

I love that dressing they put on the salad too. :loveya:
You wanna see freaky .... get sea urchin :crackhead:
Had a egg sashimi once, that was different, slightly sweet
Pages: 1 2