CDIH

Full Version: Do you have any musical talent?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've decided that if I can get the money together, hopefully after my b-day in January, I will buy myself a new acoustic guitar. Don't know which kind exactly, but I've been in and out of stores browsing lately. I don't play well, but I've fucked around for years with simple tablatures and chords and I would really like to commit to learning how to play. The guitar I have now is ancient and it sounds horrible. Not an appropriate instrument to learn on. If I had something decent, it'd be a Hell of a lot easier to learn.

Anyone have even the slightest bit of musical talent and what do you play?
I've been meaning to learn drums for a while, but I'm lazy and un motivated. Maybe I'll try taking lessons soon.
I was taking guitar lessons for awhile, but the guy's wife got into a bad car accident and he had to quit working and take care of her. He's back to work, but I can't find the time to go.
ovation 12 string acoustic.
I used to play guitar, but then just didn't have the time to keep playing it. I can play a bit of piano, hope to learn more next year when I take Introduction to Piano. In addition I sing and hope to somehow make a career out of it, luckily there aren't too many classically trained Baritone's in the world, so I may have a shot at acctually making some money with it, not that it matters, as long as I can do something with music I'll be happy.
Just remembered... I have a twelve string that we found at a garage sale, but the head is cracked and I need to get it repaired.
I can play violin and piano. But mainly by ear, I refused to learn how to read music in my youth. My next door neighbor is a wicked drum player...I keep hoping one day he'll teach me to play. :thumbs-up:
I used to play the clarinet, until middle school, when I decided it just wasn't cool. I now regret that I have no "and this one time, in band camp..." stories.

These days I play the keyboard (but mainly by ear) and sing alto/tenor.
i can play a mean air guitar
none whatsoever
did all-state violin in high school, then discovered guitar which is infinately more fun.

Gibson J-150 accoustic w/ electric cutout :thumbs-up:
OMG danked sleeper and cls can start a band with 20 minute whiny emo songs and weird psycho screaming!!!
i played the saxophone from 4th to 8th grade.
i sucked Undecided
And you'd be first in line to buy the cd
hybrid would be our #1 fan
When I was younger, I learned to play the drums. I did the private lessons, learned syncopation, and even played in a band (we had one gig - my 15 minutes of fame). Then I got older, and I basically lost touch with it, but I still played them every so often. Right now, I haven't touched my set in over a year due to the fact that when I got married I wasn't able to bring the set to the apartment. In my soon-to-be new house, theres a room in the basement that I've reserved for my set (I've got a blue plexi-glass Ludwig set, same as John Bonham played, but with a smaller bass drum than he used - but not much smaller), and I'm even planning on making a mini-studio out of it (eventually). The one thing about drumming is even if you suck, it's a great way to relieve tension.

Mrs. Goat knows how to play the piano, but not well - she knows the basics. Unlike most kids, I always wanted to learn how to play, but my parents knew they could never afford a piano, so I kind of felt it wasn't worth pursuing if I couldn't afford the instrument (that's when I moved towards drumming). My in-laws have a small piano, nothing special, but we're taking it and I hope to learn to play it with help from the Mrs.

I tried to learn how to play the guitar and bass, but I couldn't "get it" - but I strum chords like a pro!
I don't but by daughter plays piano, clarinet and oboe. my son plays trumpet and fiddles with guitar and piano
Quote:OMG danked sleeper and cls can start a band with 20 minute whiny emo songs and weird psycho screaming!!!
I'm down
up until 6 or 7th grade i played piano, violin and trumpet, i was also the best recorder player in my elementary school. i was apparently pretty good at all of them because my violin and trumpet teacher would fight over me each semester, one wanted me in brass band and the other in orchestra, but they both rehearsed at the same time. but, by 7th grade it just wasn't cool and my parents were cool and nonpushy, sometimes i wish they were.

in college i started playing guitar, which i can still play a little, and bass which is the only instrument that i still have, but it's cool and pink :thumbs-up:
clarinet for 4 yrs in grades school, until I chipped my tooth on my desk

a year of piano, in HS, maybe

and I think they said I had talent, but I never practiced. :disappointed:
Pages: 1 2 3 4