CDIH

Full Version: The best band you ever saw live - Who was it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We had the last band you saw, but who was the best?

Well, I can say that the Clutch show I just went to was right up there. The Melvins was also pretty damn good this past spring.

My fav show though, is probably one I went to a few years back. It was the opening night of CMJ music festival in NY. It had a ton of bands on it. Aphex Twin, Daft Punk, Sneaker Pimps, Death In Vegas, Fluke, and a few DJ's spinning in between the sets.

The show was like 6 hours long and there were a ton of people there. Maralyn Manson and Billy Corgan even showed up to watch a few of the bands.

Great fuckin show.
The best band ive ever seen live is PRIMUS.. I saw them 3 times.. once at nassau colliseum in like, 93?... twice at roseland in 95 and in 97.... they are definitly by far the best band I saw live..

Edited By Wormface on Jan. 14 2002 at 1:41
Two words, Eric Clapton.
The best...
Back in the late 70's...
3rd row center...
Palladium...
RUSH on the Hemispheres tour...
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!
It's a tie between Manson and Pantera.
I've been to alot of shows in big and small venues but the best one I can recall is Our Lady Peace at a small club in Jersey around September last year.

The best shows are in smaller venues, the vibe that night was amazing and the band sincerely was enjoying themselves and connecting with the audience.
I'd have to say the Misfits. The show I went to was the first show of their 25th Anniversary tour, and it was about a week after Joey Ramone Died. So they got Marky Ramone to fill in on drums, and they did a shitload of Ramones Songs. Also, Robo & Dez from Black Flag played, and did about 20-30 Black Flag songs. The entire concert was about 9 hours long.

Adolescent Masturbator was also at the show, but I didnt see him there. I think he is a dirty filthy commie liar.
Quote:I'd have to say the Misfits. The show I went to was the first show of their 25th Anniversary tour, and it was about a week after Joey Ramone Died. So they got Marky Ramone to fill in on drums, and they did a shitload of Ramones Songs. Also, Robo & Dez from Black Flag played, and did about 20-30 Black Flag songs. The entire concert was about 9 hours long.

I saw that show in CT.. and yeah, it definitly was fucking amazing.. the kids in CT suck though... oh how i love NY.
a three way tie between springsteen in 84 at the stone pony
the stones in 84 (i think)
and elvis costello acoustic at the bway theater
Sephiroth Wrote:I'd have to say the Misfits. The show I went to was the first show of their 25th Anniversary tour, and it was about a week after Joey Ramone Died. So they got Marky Ramone to fill in on drums, and they did a shitload of Ramones Songs. Also, Robo & Dez from Black Flag played, and did about 20-30 Black Flag songs. The entire concert was about 9 hours long.

Adolescent Masturbator was also at the show, but I didnt see him there. I think he is a dirty filthy commie liar.
I wish I was there.
The Rolling Stones - VooDoo Lounge Tour - Giant Stadium - 20th row, field seats
Billy Joel - Yankee Stadium
Quote:Billy Joel - Yankee Stadium
did you get all misty when he sang honesty? homo
Hey seph you forgot to mention the free condoms you got from ISS. Great concert that was certainly better than the Shitfest that was Warped Tour 2001.
Quote:The Rolling Stones - VooDoo Lounge Tour - Giant Stadium - 20th row, field seats
Grump...Was that the tour with Living Color opening?
Foghat
I've seen so many good shows, lots of festivals. The best show I've seen has to be Ozzfest 1996, with the return of Sabbath with Borden on drums, Pantera caused a near-riot, plus I got to see Machinehead, Fear Factory, Type O Negative all in one place...

Tool at the Stone Pony in 1997(?) when Maynard came out painted in blue...Dream Theater and Type O Negative almost always puts on a good show..Halfway to Gone is one of the most solid local bands

But a bunch of my favorites will be touring this year: Unida, Queens of the Stone Age, plus 2 stoner festivals (SHOD/Emissions) so this gonna be a kick-ass year for music!!!! :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:
Sluggo Wrote:
Quote:The Rolling Stones - VooDoo Lounge Tour - Giant Stadium - 20th row, field seats
Grump...Was that the tour with Living Color opening?
Sluggo - counting crows opened for them.

Arpi - yeah I got misty but your sister gave me a hummer in the parking lot afterwards and made me feel better. Thanks for askin.
Grumpy Wrote:
Quote:
I love Counting Crowes, saw them a few times over the years. Hey Grump, do you bring someone to sit on their shoulders at the shows?
I forgot, the Janes Addiction show, Live opened for them. They were fucking amazing live performers. They sounded like they were playing back their CD. Very tight.
Keyser Soze Wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
I love Counting Crowes, saw them a few times over the years. Hey Grump, do you bring someone to sit on their shoulders at the shows?
yeah I do. Your sisters flat head usually works really well as a platform for me to stand on. Also works well to put my beer down on while I'm slammin her pole hole. Now if I could only teach the bitch to stop spillin it.

Tell her I got tickets to Janet Jackson coming up if she's available.
Pages: 1 2 3