CDIH

Full Version: i need help - to rid myself of my evil packrat ways
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i'm moving into a small box this week and i need to get rid of a lot of junk. i've gone through my closet and have actually managed to part with a few pairs of jeans that were dangerously close to being crotchless. but otherwise my closet is still full and it's more than twice the size of the one in my new place. i also seem to have an excessive amount of candle holders and other doohickies.

am i the only one who collects everything that crosses my path? anyone got tips on how to choose between what i keep and what goes in the big salvation army bag? i'm sitting here in complete chaos and i don't know how to fix it.
Put it in storage at Goatweed's.
sell it to the first prostitute you see, they'll love your wardrobe.
keep only what you absolutely need. once you have that narroed down, look over whats left and make judgement calls as to what you think you might need versus what you don't need at all.

I'm going through this myself, so I feel your pain (although the stuff we need to decide on keeping or tossing is all HER shit)

edit :
Quote:Put it in storage at Goatweed's

sure, I'll empty out one of the vaults - I was thinking of going on a shopping spree anyway.

Edited By goatweed on 1042426464
get rid of anything you havent worn in a year, anything that is ripped, stained, or never plan on wearing again. its not worth lugging it all over to your new place.

as for other odds and ends, keep the ones you love and will use, donate all the others to the salvation army.
or sell them. people will buy anything.
Put the stuff you don't want on ebay.
ok, who wants to come over and do it for me :crackhead:
I have the same problem, Crx. I am a major packrat. VG has some good tips, tho. :thumbs-up:
leave me alone in there for an hour and i will have it all organized...labels and all. im such a freak. Undecided
from what i can see throught my binoculars you can throw most of that shit out
Quote:anything that is ripped, stained

She'll be naked if she gets rid of all her clothes that are ripped or stained.
Quote:i will have it all organized...labels and all. im such a freak.
I used to be that way, but, I don't know what happened??? :-(
but.. but, it's sentimental shit :-(
Quote:but.. but, it's sentimental shit

like i said, keep all of the stuff that truly means something to you. but get rid of all the rest. i do major cleaning about once every 6 months and get rid of all the shit that has no meaning to me...half the shit i saved, i have no idea why i did, so it just ened up in the garbage. and just think...all the shit you get rid of means you get to get more stuff! just make sure you get rid of that stuff once you dont use it anymore. :thumbs-up:
Quote:but.. but, it's sentimental shit

It's just plain old shit, dump it and get on with your life.
I have the same ideas as VG, if it hasn't been used, worn, or even looked at in a year or more, toss it. I am such a packrat, but I also happen to have terrible OCD, so it is all very organized. But, once in a while I go throgh it all and toss bags and bags full of shit.
... My action figures are very important.... once I get my own place, it's all coming with me.....
Quote:My action figures are very important

You don't want your mom finding a rubber woman in the trash.
well, i've filled a large garbage bag for salvation army, and a trashcan, for trash. i'm gonna call that an accomplishment and keep the rest. now, who wants to help me pack?
Pages: 1 2