CDIH

Full Version: Would you want to live forever?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Suppose you were made invincable? Like Highlander or a Vampire, would you want to live forever?

It might be cool I think, you could do all the things you wanted to try out, be an artist, a musician, a Hell's Angel, and just do it over & over till you get it right. I might be tough watching everyone you meet grow old & die, but you could meet new ones.
No I don't think I would...
... nope. Eventually I would do everything and get bored. And then the Sun would eventually swallow the Earth, and I'd have to move to a real shitty planet.
On one hand I would want to, just to be able to see everything that will happen in the future. On the other, I would be lonely as fuck, because anyone I got remotely close too would eventually become a memory.
How much long term memory could someone immortal have? Would they remember what they did the equavalent of one life time ago? Two lifetime's ago? If you we're a vampire you couldn't take any pictures of yourself to remind you. Can vampires be heard on a telephone? Can they post on a message board? It's a touchy situation.
.... but the future would never occur. Everything would always be the present.
No. What if I end up like the dude in Johnny Got His Gun? I'd live forever and ever as a vegetable.

Or what about when the sun burns out and all forms of life are wiped out except me? It would get pretty lonely.
... the sun will swallow the Earth before it burns out... so you're gonna have to travel into outer space and go somewhere.
Travelling outer space all by myself? What if the rockets burn out, will I just drift aimlessly for an eternity?
... bring a book....
i would love to see technology in the years to come, but i would want to have the option to die whenever i wanted to.
Quote:... bring a book....
:lol:
Only if Hybrid lives forever with me. :thumbs-up:
.... you'd eventually be stuck in outer space with him... and he'd be piloting your spaceship goin WEEEEEEEEEEEEE! or saying OMG IM HAN SOLOOOOOO!...
Weeeeeeeeee-Bleep!
... Knock him out the box, Luke, Knock him out!
it would be cool to see if the Red Sox ever win a World Series :lol:
Quote:it would be cool to see if the Red Sox ever win a World Series :lol:
Naw, that's not worth living to see!

I definitely wouldn't want to live forever, I would constantly lose people to death, and once you found that one person that you never wanted to lose, you'd miss them for eternity. That would just suck. I am curious as to what things would be like 300 or so years from now, but I definitely don't want to live forever to find out.
Somebody might have read Pete Hamill recently...
Yeah but i you live forever, do you have to work forever to? If so fuck that.

Aging itself is also a factor.
Pages: 1 2 3