CDIH

Full Version: Controlled Dangerous Substances - Drugs are bad m'kay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So if you do them, why? If you don't, why? If you think they are bad, have you tried them, or do you just have a thing about illegal actions?

Does your workplace test? If they didn't would it change you answer?
Do your friends do them? Does this bother you?
Do they not do any, does this bother you?

What do you think of US Drug Policy? Is jail for low amount or 1st time offenders the way to go, should treatment be increased?
How about legalizing an amount for 'personal consumption?'

Quote:System of a Down >> Prison Song
Nearly 2 million Americans are incarcerated
In the prison system, prison system,
Prison system of the U.S.
The percentage of Americans in the prison system
Prison system, has doubled since 1985,
All research and successful drug policy show
That treatment should be increased,
And law enforcement decreased,
While abolishing mandatory minimum sentences.

Utilizing drugs to pay for secret wars around the world,
Drugs are now your global policy,
Now you police the globe,
Drug money is used to rig elections,
And train brutal corporate sponsored
Dictators around the world.

True or not, that's the song that prompted this.

I like pot, my friends like pot & I appreciate that. It annoys me when people who hang out say "I don't, but I don't mind if you do." It just bothers me, in the long run. There's an attitude that pot smokers have, that I can dig.

And of course the High itself is pretty Damn interesting ... can see things a different way, block things out (quiet the voices in my head), or just because the feeling is different than what I'd get normally.

My workplace doesn't test, thankfully. I guess treatment works, I've never been. But I would think it would only work if when you went home, you were in a different environment. My cousin went like 3 times, I'm sure going back to the old neighborhood was part of the problem.

Legalization or for personal consumption, would rock! But I'd say that is a long way off. :banana:

Your turn ... discuss!
So if you do them, why? If you don't, why? I don't. Pot makes me nauseaus. I dabbled a little when I was younger, but nothing really interested me that much. It was fun, but I wouldn't think of doing it now. Too expensive, and with my luck it would kill me.

Does your workplace test? No
If they didn't would it change you answer? Not applicable
Do your friends do them? Not that I know of.
Does this bother you? What they do is their business

What do you think of US Drug Policy? Is jail for low amount or 1st time offenders the way to go, should treatment be increased? Low amount - I would think a fine would work. Define 1st time offenders. First time offender for personal use? That's their choice. First time offender to sell to my child...lock his ass up.

Treatment only works if you want it to work (I used to work at a rehab)

How about legalizing an amount for 'personal consumption? How would you regulate such a thing? What someone does in the privacy of their own home is their own business. But honestly, how could you regulate? Because I'm sure everyone would tell the truth...

Why should it bother you if someone hanging out with you doesn't smoke but doesn't mind if you do?
i have seen too many family members fall into the wrong & seriously fuck things up & fuck up their lives.

i was exposed at a very young age & from that, decided drugs are bad. & i stayed away. alcohol too.

but i really can't judge anyone else, cause what i have seen doesn't happen to everyone.
Quote:How would you regulate such a thing?
If you get caught with ... say, a half ounce, you don't go to jail/get fined.

Quote:Why should it bother you if someone hanging out with you doesn't smoke but doesn't mind if you do?
just does. I think I just them to enjoy what I enjoy.
If you get caught -- but that doesn't really regulate it. Would they set up specific companies that you could buy from and your use would be tracked? My point being that it would be hard to set a "legal limit" and have it adhered to. I don't see how that would really have any effect on things.

Personally speaking, I can't be around pot smoke. Even the smell makes me nauseaus. But I absolutely would not tell someone else they shouldn't do it. Whatever floats your boat. If it bothered me, I'd leave.
i just would prefer it if you didn't smoke around me. pot smoke gives me a headache & cigarette smoke just stinks.
Quote:cigarette smoke just stinks.
i guess yer happy with the NY lawz :-(
sorry
Cigarette smoke DOES stink...and I smoke.
i know it stinks
as i show respect for others when dining
but in a bar?
fuck that
every bar is gonna have to corner off a section outside and set up a number of ashtrays
4:20!
To quote the one & only Bill Hicks....
Quote:I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your fuckin' mouth.
Quote:I don't do drugs anymore... than say, the average touring funk band.
Quote:If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrEAL fucking high on drugs. The Beatles were so fucking high they let Ringo sing a few songs.
Quote:Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural? You know what I mean? It's nature. How do you make nature against the fucking law?
Quote:They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.
Quote:It annoys me when people who hang out say "I don't, but I don't mind if you do."

You want them to tell you why smoking poy is harmful to your health?

Seriously, just be happy that he/she is cool with you doing it, it's called tolerance.
Quote:If you get caught -- but that doesn't really regulate it. Would they set up specific companies that you could buy from and your use would be tracked? My point being that it would be hard to set a "legal limit" and have it adhered to. I don't see how that would really have any effect on things.
it could be regulated the same way cigarettes and alcohol are regulated. use could also be restricted to private homes and bars or cafes. obviously the laws couldn't be enforced 100% but none are. all these commercials about the effect of drugs on america have one solution: legalization. if drugs were legalized and regulated the dealers and drug lords would be put out of business...

i smoke pot. i've done a lot of other stuff in the past but now i just stick to weed. it makes me happy. i enjoy smoking when i hang out with my friends and it's nice to have a bowl after a long day at work, it helps me relax and really the only side effect is i tend to eat too much... :fuggin:
I think the main reason I've never tried pot is because I bet I would really like it and then get frustrated that I can't do it much because none of my friends do and I have no consistent hook-up.
Tell the truth, you've never tried it because you're poor.
Quote:I have no consistent hook-up.

:lookatme:
Quote:You want them to tell you why smoking poy is harmful to your health?
I really don't care, and if someone tried that trip on me, I'd definitely not invite them back :thumbs-up:

I take it you don't Gomez? why
sorry Suzie, I'm poor. Undecided
Pages: 1 2