CDIH

Full Version: Camping - Where are the better spots....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Personally, I do not think camping is a white trash event, unless you drive up in a 1969 pick up truck. I love the outdoors and camping, with friends is such a treat. Cannot wait for the warmer weather to arrive. I usually go up to Mongaup in Livingston NY, I was wondering if any of you like to camp and where??

Gotta be able to drink at the sites, of course, and fires are a must. Let me know if there are are any great places around that you have been to.
Lake Wallenpaupack. 3 1/2 hours from the city. It's my back yard.
Luna, how far is that from Jersey?

Best place I've been to? Jim Thorpe, PA :bouncer: I can't wait to go again this year. Reserve the campsite, The Grove if you can, it's real secluded, well, except for the assholes fishing who walk through your campsite, but you can harass them and make them cry...they have some nice trails, people usually leave you alone, and the setting is beautiful in the Poconos.

And if you've had enough of sitting around drinking, smoking, eating meat (like that ever gets boring) you can go play paint ball, hike to the lake or up hills, and go canoeing, white water rafting and kayaking.
Spit, Lake Wallenpaupack is in the Poconos. :bouncer:

A little past Milford, PA.
In college and a few times after, I've gone camping. We always had to go somewhere with a restroom and shower because of the ladies "hygiene need".

The best time we had was when one year we rented a small RV. Since it had a toilet and shower, we were able to go deep into the woods with noone around for miles. And with the gas powered generator in the RV, we had music and all the amenities. We still slept in tents, had a fire, and all the good stuff you go camping for. Plus a refrigerator for the beer.
if we went camping, and you woke up with a greasy ..........ahh, never mind.
You guys suck. That's not camping. PFFT!

If I go camping, we carry everything on our back, and hike to the campsite, which is usually just a clearing big enough for a tent and firepit.

I love hiking the Appalachian. There's plenty of places to stop and camp. Most even have shelters and some have toilets too.

Usually I'll start in at Hight Point, NJ, and hike from there up into NY.
Maynard Wrote:You guys suck. That's not camping. PFFT!

If I go camping, we carry everything on our back, and hike to the campsite, which is usually just a clearing big enough for a tent and firepit.

I love hiking the Appalachian. There's plenty of places to stop and camp. Most even have shelters and some have toilets too.

go take a hike. hahahahahaha, hee hee hee, har har har, weeeeeee. whew!........what?
Arpikarhu Wrote:
Maynard Wrote:You guys suck. That's not camping. PFFT!

go take a hike. hahahahahaha, hee hee hee, har har har, weeeeeee. whew!........what?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mayturd, that's hiking, not camping, two different things, I consider camping just partying in the woods...the question was about places to camp...

but yes, the Appalachian Trail is the best, did you get to the point (can't remember exactly where, but at the midpoint) where some rich guy has cabins and shower facilities on his land so that tired hikers could get a break. There's sign-in books that you can see everyone who has ever stopped there...
Wawayanda State Park just outside of Warwick NY. Just watch out for the fucking bears. They get ugly in the winter.

Speaking of Ugly Fucking Bears, Arpi - I'm upset I'm not on your list. I guess I'll have to try harder. asshole!
Grumpy Wrote:Wawayanda State Park just outside of Warwick NY. Just watch out for the fucking bears. They get ugly in the winter.

Speaking of Ugly Fucking Bears, Arpi - I'm upset I'm not on your list. I guess I'll have to try harder. asshole!
Silly Grumpy! The bears hibernate in the winter!
then how do you explain the fresh bear shit in my sister-in-laws back yard? or was Ladi camping out there again.

Actually Luna, I agree with the hybernation thing but I almost hit one of the fuckers on a back road a couple of weeks ago. I guess the fucker had insomnia.
Grumpy Wrote:then how do you explain the fresh bear shit in my sister-in-laws back yard? or was Ladi camping out there again.

Actually Luna, I agree with the hybernation thing but I almost hit one of the fuckers on a back road a couple of weeks ago. I guess the fucker had insomnia.
I remember reading somewhere that Greenwood Lake (right next to Warwick) has the highest black bear population in the US. You always have to watch out for them, winter or summer. Like Grumpy said, they seem to be insomniacs. They are awefully cute, but probably not so much when they join you in your tent at 4:00 in the morning.

Oh yeah, Harriman State Park has some great camping spots too. There's a nice isolated one within hiking distance from Kanawauke Circle.
I'm on a 4 month "camping" trip right now. Besides having to walk close to a mile to get to the nearest shower pagoda, it's a lot of fun..
Quote:walk close to a mile to get to the nearest shower

And how far do you hike to the nearest internet jack?
[Image: Computer_at_Toilet.jpg]
Grumpy Wrote:Wawayanda State Park just outside of Warwick NY. Just watch out for the fucking bears. They get ugly in the winter.
waywayanda is a couple of minutes aawy from me. i'm not big on camping but there's good trout fishing there.

look out for the park rangers, they're a bunch of pricks. i went fishing there and used a budweiser cooler for my baitfish . needless to say the rangers were on me like white on rice because of the cooler. they approached me and wanted to know what i was doing there. i'm sitting by the lake with a cooler full of "fat-head" minnows holding a fishing pole. WTF does it look like i'm doing?!?!?! assholes looked in my cooler to make sure there was no beer in there. eyeballed me, my fishing license, even my driver's license just to be on the safe side. needless to say i no longer use my "BUD" cooler for my minnows

and yes look out for the bears. we got 650 pounders around here.

Edited By LZMF1 on Mar. 01 2002 at 09:27
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the input. Grumpy's bears and the wife don't get along. She's really afraid of tick infested bears :roflmao: . Spit your site sounds great and Luna gotta do my homework on yours as well. Appreciate the input, figures the best answers come from the ladies.
If you guys can give me the names of the campgrounds or links, that would be great. :bouncer: :bouncer:

Edited By Kingpin on Mar. 01 2002 at 7:25
friendly beaver

Can't go wrong with a Friendly beaver :thumbs-up:
Pages: 1 2 3