CDIH

Full Version: Metallica - Mtv Icon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Did anyone watch this piece of crap last night on mtv? Lars and his gay ass short blonde hair. And they let Jason leave and they pick up some wetback who jumps around the stage like a monkey. Also omeone needs to tell limp bizkit to stop killing everyone elses songs. They did Sanitarium "limp bizkit style". wow i was so impressed.
I was dying inside for James when Snoop took the stage. What a half-assed tribute. Korn was good though.

Oh yeah, Avril??? WTF!?!?
i guess i did myself a favor by not watching that.
Quote:Also omeone needs to tell limp bizkit to stop killing everyone elses songs. They did Sanitarium "limp bizkit style". wow i was so impressed.

You are insane. That cover was fucking unbelievable. Granted I could have done without the the little audience participation BS, but overall they kicked ass.
That "wetback" is Robert Trujillo of Ozzy and Sucidal Tendencies fame
dig you like really really bad music :17:
I'm interested in music not opinions. Your hang-ups limit your horizons.
limp bizkit eats shit and fred durst cant sing or rap and is not at all talented. they had a good rock guitarist in wes, but he was smart enough to get the Hell out of that mess. they also have a good bass player, but fred durst blows. there is no reason anyone should know he is alive.
fred durst is a tool.
cky should have been on that show :5:

for serious :thumbs-up:
What a peice of shit half-ass bullshit tribute show that was. I hate MTV. What the fuck does Avril Lavigne, Lisa Marie Presley, Michelle Branch, Snoop Dogg, Limp Bizkit and Jillian Barbierie(sp) have to fucking do with METALLICA??? Yeah....cause when I think of Metallica I think of all these pop-music assholes. Fucking MTV has to take everything and make it all "pop" and commercial and turn it into shit.

The only band that got it right and was fucking worthy to be on the stage doing a cover was KORN. :5:
I don't care if Fred Durst fucks ten year old boys, he and Limp Bizkit did a real cool cover. Korn's cover was ok as well. I didn't see any others.
i'm still glad i missed it :21:
DIG i like limp bizkit usually but that cover blew. Fred's singing sucked. It started out sounding like rearranged instead of singing the words he whispers them into the mic. And the Snoop dog was god embarrassing. I think the best one was Korn and Stained version of Nothing else matters was pretty good.
ok...i finally watched the show last night and i have only one thing to say.........it sucked.

staind did do the only good cover but that was the "pussy girlie-boi" metallica they were covering.

all in all...i will never see metallica live again nor will i ever purchase anything they release.
Seeing Lars air drumming to Avril Lavigne made it worth watching.
And i thought they said Slash was scheduled to appear on commercial. i guess he got wind of how shitty it was gonna be and decided not to show.
They have to bring in people that their "Target Demographic" of 12 year olds can relate to.
I watched this on saturday. Breuer was hysterical. However, where the fuck were the contemporaries of Metallica, Like Anthrax or Testament,or bands that they really influenced. Sum 41 was pretty good. Avril?? WTF??? Korn was actually really good as was Staind. Snoop?? BAD!!! SUCKED!!!! Limp Bizkit sucks plain and simple. They didn't interview Mustaine, nor did they interview Ron Mc Govney(original bassist before Cliff). Another clusterfuck brought to you by the jackoffs at MTV. Now as for Robert Trujillo, this dude is a fuckin awesome bass player. I saw him with Suicidal in 92 and he fuckin rocks. So what if he jumps around. He imho, is a way better bassist than Jason, although the braids have to go. I am going to wait till I read some reviews and word of mouth from friends/family before I pick up the new album. Breuer was the highlight of the show. Lars is a dick, that is for sure. They did look kind of uncomfortable with the whole thing. I could have sung a few of those songs better. Put me in there with Anthrax backing me up and I'd rock them all.
The Staind cover of nothing else matter was good. The rest of it was pure unadulterated shit.
that's right.....i almost forgot about breuer!!! that was some funny shit! :rofl:

james was all like "do i really sound like that?!?!?"

jimmy blue eyes...i saw them when they opened for ozzy in '86 when the brendan byrne arena (now known as the continental airlines arena) got torn to shreds by the crowd....that was a kick ass show!

their set blew ozzy out of the water
Pages: 1 2