CDIH

Full Version: What sort of music do you listen to?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The kind of stuff I listen to has been expanding recently, ever since I started downloading music off of Maynard's FTP. Opening my ears to more variety of music out there. Beyond my hippie music, I have a strong love of jazz and bluegrass. There are strong elements and influences of jazz behind the music of Phish and The Grateful Dead so it's only natural I enjoy it too. Along with some of the classic stuff like Dave Brubeck and Charlie Parker, I listen to more modern jazz like Medeski Martin & Wood. Now there's a pretty dinstinct line between bluegrass and country. While I like bluegrass, I have absolutely no tolerance for country music. Can't stand it, never could. There's something raw and beautiful about all those old mountain tunes though.

Edited By Danked on 1053570467
...we gots both kinds of music here... country & western... :banana:
:12:
i only listen to racist instrumental math rock
anything except for that horrible rap stuff.
Hippie
i like anything that's semi original and doesn't suck balls
Just about anything except country

Mostly punk, hardcore, and yes...emo.
Mostly been blasting rap in my car and listening to classical at home
johnny cash and willie nelson are the only country i can handle
hardcore, classic rock, rockabilly, swing, radio pop, chick music ... I like it all

johnny cash might be the only country, and eminem the only rap, but that counts right :5:
i listen to practically every genre of music.....
well hip hop is obvious ofcourse.

My first love was classical, then jazz.

I still listen to both but the biggest influence in my musical variety were the beatles, from them I moved onto lots of other music which was directly influenced by them.

I also love the oldies, sinatra, dean martin, james brown, etc.

I don't really have genres I like, I like everything, anything good. So mostly its I find an artist and then check them out and see their influences and on and on.
primarilly Prog Metal, but I'll listen to classic rock/classic metal also. I'll pretty much listen to anything except country music - eeeeewwwwwww :crackhead:
First and formost, I like what is pigeonholed as "alternative rock" - although I wonder what it is an alternative to. I like jazz, started listening in High School when I was trying to become a drummer. I grew up in a house with two country music fans (arrrrrrgh!), but I must admit I like Johnny Cash - if you never heard "One Piece at a Time" or "A Boy Named Sue" you havn't heard country music. BTW, have you heard his cover of NIN's "Hurt?"
no, I haven't but I have heard a little of his music - it sounded too country, or at least what I heard did (don't ask me what it was, I don't remember).
if you took gonzos and sleepers music collections and combined them, my taste in music is the complete opposite.
so you like country music.
if its pre-1965
yeah but if you take what sleeper likes which is the opposite of anything I like, combine it with my tastes then it leaves nothing except for country. I do like Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash though.
Pages: 1 2