CDIH

Full Version: The Stock Market - what looks good to you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So we all know that Arpi recently made a killing on SOHU - I thought about this yesterday and decided to revisit the remnants of my investments, and saw that they were actually on the up-tick recently (nowhere near where I bought them, but signs of progress nonetheless). I really haen't paid much attention to the market since I was house hunting (and shopping for a mortgage rate), so I was wondering what you guys thought were good buys these days? (long and short).
alloy online
anacot steel
teenweek, how many shares of WWE do you have?
i figured him more for a Hollywood Stock Exchange kinda guy
Quote:teenweek, how many shares of WWE do you have
I bought a bunch of shares and actually made some $$ on them :thumbs-up:
Quote:teenweek, how many shares of WWE do you have?

None.
I was wondering who the fool would be that would make the obvious Wall Street reference.
I'm starting to love the stock market again. It's fun watching my portfolio go up more than I would make in a day if I were working.
Im feeling the love as well, I would just like to feel a bit more.
sell your house and invest all the money
I would, but there's that wholw wife/inlaw thing - they all can't fit into my mother's basement.

Plus, I'd lose my pool Sad
my fidelity puritan fund has been doing nice over the past 4 months
so nobody has a hot tip?
i'm looking to do a lil gambling
I don't know about gambling. And I've been out of the business world for two years, so I have no tips.

However, Foster Labs (FRX) has outperformed the S&P for the last 10 years.
my point wuz stocks were the gamble

anyone buy lucent at 60 cents?
my 401K with them has gone through the roof the last 6 months
I knew what you meant. I am leery of going after no name companies that might make a huge run. That's why I recommended FRX. Solid company, massive earnings, actually give out dividends, and it's outperformed the S&P for each of the last 10 years.
Invest in Godly Corp.
I'm looking to make some $$, not add another deduction to next year's 1040.
I locked In Jetblue at 23 a share on their IPO cause I worked for them at the time, and since, I've made close to 10 G's. Thats all I know about the stock market.
The funny thing is I have an interview in a couple weeks for an equity research firm and I would be doing institutional sales if I got the job and it would be my job to pitch stocks to companies that would be buying a million shares at a time.

I have no idea what I am doing.
Pages: 1 2