CDIH

Full Version: Downloading Music - am I really going to be Fined?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just read some crap about how people will be going after downloading sites like Kazaa, Morpheus and Galaxy Quest in order to find out who is downloading music and then will be fining them 1500 dollars a song. Is there any truth to this and can they really find out who I am and fine me? I don't use any of those, but in the past I have. The article said they would be able to find out how many downloads you've made and then fine you according to that. Can somebody shed some light on this, because I refuse to pay 20 bucks for a CD and then find out that is a piece of garbage.
I've been downloading and noone has said shit to me - and I dont care if they do (unless RR decides to kill my account, of course)
from what i read its just the riaa looking for people sharing a large amount of songs and getting their information, and supposedly the new kazaa lite blocks people from viewing your whole list of shared files
There is no fucking way that anyone is going to get sued any amount for anything they are doing sharing muisc.

There is no court or jury on earth that is going to jail an individual or fine them for freely sharing music. No fucking way.

I could understand if you were somehow making money off it (like charging a subscription fee, or advertising or something), but if you are just sharing music and downloading music, there's no way you're going to get fined.

Stop being such a bitch.

Edited By Galt on 1057498390
Quote:Stop being such a bitch.

what he said.
I think they just do a few high-profile lawsuits to scare the shit out of other people.
Quote:Stop being such a bitch.

why didn't I think of that, thanks Galtt, your so smart......for a retard anyway :crackhead:

Edited By x-file on 1057608582
when you download move the files to another directory and turn off instant messages if you use kazaa.
And unplug your phone if you're DIG
Galt Wrote:And unplug your phone if you're DIG
that never gets old :rofl:
But I don't like buying music. 3 years down the road when I'm shamed by the music in my CD rack I want to be able to say " At least I didn't pay for it. :5: "
they said that they will be going after 2000 people, suing them for amounts starting at 1500 and as much as 100,000. they wont be going after people who download music, just those that share music. the recent court decisions back them up. just empty your share folder before connecting to any music share program you use and you should be fine.
but if everyone empties their share folders, there won't be anything to share.
i think thats what they were going for
I submit the new Metallica album as reason enough to never buy a cd again.
Of course, with my luck, I'll get hit with a lawsuit. I think I have around 12,000 songs downloaded.

Forgot the "N" In "Downloaded"

Edited By Zootybang on 1057640698
I retitererrate.

No one will lose a court battle or probably ever be sued for sharing music.

Napster profited off sharing music. That's precident. I, sharing my thousand songs am not benefitting one iota from doing so. There is nothing they can touch me for.

And if you quote "housing stolen goods" as the precident, I'm going to laugh at you.
DON'T COPY THAT FLOPPY!!@!

this just made me want to dl more music
i watched that the other day. its so god damn bad
Wow... that's awful.
This is Kid Afrika's idea of rap.
Pages: 1 2 3