CDIH

Full Version: Question to the Gonzo... - or anyone else who feels like answering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In your opinion who is the better rapper Eminem or Nas? I had this discussion with a friend and he says Nas is better because he's serious and makes you think about shit whereas Eminem is usually funny and only on a few occasions has made a serious rap. He agrees that Eminem is the best thing to happen to rap in a while but he feels that Nas is the better rapper. What do you think?
I am not a big fan of rap but Nas is clearly better than Eminem.
i am not a big fan of rap but eminem is clearly better than nas.
eminem will never have the same street cred that nas has. eminem has a more complicated rhyme flow and has a more dynamic style. nas isnt quite as versatile, but has a longer track record than eminem. nas has been well respected for some time.
Eminem's voice really bothers me. I can't take him seriously. I really don't think white people should rap unless they can sound like black dudes.
he does sound whiney, but he writes well. he should write for other rappers.
Too subjective, both are great, why choose?
Yeah honestly it's like choosing between the Bonds & Pujols, Deniro Or Pacino, Sinatra Or Elvis. It's all subject to your personal preference.

Though I disagree that eminem is always wacky, while he can be wacky especially on his second album, he really has some deep songs. Just the same Nas had his whole "bling bling, cash money hoes, I got dis and dat, party all the time" phase a few years back, especially when he when from Illmatic to bein a black militant, to black muslim, to prophet and poet, and the whole God's Son thing is kinda ech.

So both have their ups and downs, while eminem is the biggest thing to happen in rap since Tupac died, Nas has been around for over a decade strong. I would say as far as flow, eminem is better, as far as lyrics they are equal, as far as longeivity it's Nas, overall I just like Nas a bit more cause of just an "it" factor.

Especially now with Eminem comin out with the clothing line and his demeanor at the MTV Music awards, I just am not feeling him right now as I did before. He also lost me on the whole Ja Rule beef, it was like every song was about Ja Rule, over and over. The worst one was the one where they used Pac's "Hail Mary" cause they did what they make fun of Ja Rule for doing, they mock him for wanting to be Pac. Yet how many times has the name Pac been said in eminem and 50 cent songs? The comparisons? while Ja Rule may dress like Pac, eminem and 50 were just short of doing so. In no way am I defending Ja Rule, I cant stand him.
i think that eminem keeps getting better & better with each album.

i never been a fan of nas even though "they" say he is a better rapper.
See I've also never really listened to Nas...I've heard everything from Em except his mix tapes. The only Nas I know is "If I ruled the world" and that "I know I can" which I truly despised. Maybe I should get some Nas and see how I feel about him myself.
My 6 year old and 14 year old sisters-in-law loves eminem and that's pretty much good enough for me. You haven't heard anything until you've heard a 6 year old rapping along with "cleaning out my closet"
he's no clint black tho.
He may be clint black, but he is definately no Joe Nichols
now you've lost me. my country appreciation begins with johnny cash and ends with willie nelson.
He's got a voice like George Strait and a stage presence like someone who's been around for a lot longer than he has been. He's so good he opened for Alan Jackson's last concert tour, after releasing nothing more than 2 singles. That's not bad
My country music appreciation begins with Faith Hill and ends with Shania Twain.

And it doesn't really matter about Eminem vs Nas. Either one of them would suck Tupac's dick (if he wasn't dead) just to have some of his genius in them.
Yeah but Tupac is unfortunatly dead, not too many people will ever argue that 2pac was not the greatest or in the top 3 of all time.

But many people don't appreciate Nas cause they stopped listening during his whole It was written phase.

Pick up stillmatic and God's Son, you'll be blown away.

Eminem is also great, don't get me wrong I am in no way saying he sucks or isnt as great, he and Nas are in my opinion the two tops in the game right now. Nas just has come further over a longer span of time. Also no true hip hop fan will say that Illmatic Nas' first album is anything short of a classic that is in the top 5 of anyones list, the greatest debut album along with Ready To Die and 36 Chambers.
Eminem has near-flawless meter. It's incredible. If it weren't for 8 Mile, I'd never have bothered.

I love White America. Story of my flipping life.
Illmatic > The Marshall Mathers LP

Edited By Keyser Soze on 1063435601
DMX- And then there was X....best rap album ever. I once (last week) saw a stripper smoke out of her pussy while listening to this this cd. She was the most disgusting creature i ever saw. She stole the cd as well as spread her disease to a bunch of poon thirsty dudes at a bacherlor party.
Pages: 1 2 3