CDIH

Full Version: So it begins with the yankee rebuilding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Zimmer leaves, Mattingly comes in, Clemes retires, David Wells is let go.

Now we lose our 1st base coach, Lee Mazzilli has signed on to manage Baltimore. I think its a good move for Lee obviously, I was always partial to him cause we went to the same HS and he was always nice when he visited and I liked him.

But looks like theres gonna be a major overhaul and its not just the team this time.
Good for Maz, hopefully he does well for them. I'm always saddened that Willie never gets selected though, he's deserving of a managerial position as well IMO. I know he wasn't in the running, but still - at least he's moved up to bench coach.

I also read today that Schilling seems to be on the "list" - yes Pettite is allowed to go as a free agent. Schilling is a great pitcher, but how much more does he have? Petite is home grown and they should make every attempt to retain him.

Letting Wells go is probably a good idea - I'm a Boomer fan but if his back is really as bad as it seemed to have gotten, then he's baggage.
Steinbrenner will just buy himself another champio.....oh i forgot they lost their last 3 chances. Sorry.
the mets haven't had a chance in three years, and in 14 before that so whats your point?
who said anything about the mets? we're talking about us steel, i mean the yankees, here. whats the payroll going to be this year? $300 million?
whoever loses this argument should lose their blue color status.
i dont need a status. im content with being a regular member.
quitter. Fight like a man.
I mentioned the mets because the payroll line is usually the first thing a disgruntled met fan likes to bring up.

Do I agree with George spending money to win? No. He has it to spend, it's his to spend. Do I agree with who he spends it on? Not always. Do I think he needs to spend to win? Not necessarilly.

Will the payroll be huge next year? Yeah, probably - but if its money spent wisely then I see no problem.
Do I like the writing style where people ask a question and then answer it? Not really.
Do I care? I'll let you guess the answer to that one.
Your face cares!

Did I do it right?
I think so, yeah - Sleeper would know for sure, tho.

Works for me :thumbs-up:
<table style=filter:flipV> :thumbs-up: </table>
Willie Randolph moves to first base now that Mazilli's gone. I think Sojo becomes third base coach.
Quote:who said anything about the mets? we're talking about us steel, i mean the yankees, here. whats the payroll going to be this year? $300 million?

Why do you care? So what if the payroll is fucking tremendous, the Yankees have done it for years now, and haven't won anything. So, logically, no matter how much they spend, they still aren't guaranteed to win. so what are you bitching about? Would you like them any better if they tried saving money? No, you'll always hate them. So just stick to being a fan of a team that might as well light $119 million dollars on fire in the middle of Shea Stadium, because at least that would be a more entertaining use of their payroll.

Quote:Your face cares!

Did I do it right?

No, you're not Sleeper.
yeah well neither are you stupidhead.
Only Sleeper can do it proper.

It's a matter of visualization. I can see Sleeper saying it, the words coming from his mouth as his words appear on the screen.

Your attempt just seems to be capitalizing on the worldwide sensation which is The Sleeper, and I am not a fan of cheap substitutes.
OK Here's what I see, Mattingly becomes first base/hitting coach. Willie stays as bench coach simply because I think after next season Torre's contract expires, correct?? Willie gets the job as manager after Torre leaves. He totally deserves it. Now since Wells may not be back, if Stottlemyre chooses not to come back, why not make Boomer a pitching coach?? Steinbrenner obviously likes him, perfect fit. As for my beloved Mets, They need some more quality starters, and some good relievers. I really hope they go after Millwood. I doubt they will be able to afford Pettite. Piazza and Philips flip flop between catcher and first base, and when Piazza or Philips take a day off, Wilson behind the plate. I'm happy to see that Mazzilli got that job in Baltimore. I always liked him.
Quote:why not make Boomer a pitching coach?? Steinbrenner obviously likes him

He does? :12:
I think it's more of a love/hate relationship between those two.
Pages: 1 2