CDIH

Full Version: "evolution didn't happen"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Someone actually said those words to me last night.

She's a mormon and seemed otherwise interesting and seemed to have a good head on her shoulders.

But, I just couldn't believe when she said that. She said something about how she couldn't ever even date an athiest. People didn't come from apes. I tried to rescue the situation by saying "But believing in the science of evolution doesn't mean you can't also believe in God, right?"

"NO!" "Don't even say that". So, I just dropped the subject.

Yeah, God!

Edited By Galt on 1095255581
So when are you going to church?
I'll bet David Duchovny wished it never happened - what an awful movie.
It was a spoof that required heavy drug use prior to watching.
they don't believe in evlolution. but they believe in having more than one wife.. would you sacrifice the evolution theory for multiple spouses?
I would for multiple girlfriends. Not multiple wives.
dum dumdumdum dum
yeah, I want to find a way to get that episode in front of her.
what do you expect from a group of people who got their bible from a convicted con man who read it off a magic stone while peering into a hat.
yeah, that is some high comedy right there. It's my goal in life to convince her that there is no God.
they say with the current rate of conversions that the mormons could hold an electoral majority in 20 years.
Arpikarhu Wrote:what do you expect from a group of people who got their bible from a convicted con man who read it off a magic stone while peering into a hat.
As apposed to a people who followed a guy who had delusions of grandeur, who allegedly brought "gods words/Laws" down from a mountain on stone slabs.
my guy brought people back from the dead and walked on water.
Black Lazerus Wrote:As apposed to a people who followed a guy who had delusions of grandeur, who allegedly brought "gods words/Laws" down from a mountain on stone slabs.
you got a problem with that??
Nah the jewish god smites people quite frequently.
thats true.. but come Yom Kippur, all our sins for the year go away.. ahhhh.. Yom Kippur, when all your sins are washed away.. but not yours.. because you're not jewish.. so enjoy hell! :8:
I just don't get it. I mean, the most plausible thing is that evolution occured, as part of a large chain of universal events. The second most plausible would be that God started it all going. But these people insist on believing the most impossible, contradictory story about how man came to inhabit the earth, just because it's written down in an old book. They simply refuse to believe that the people who inhabited the area of Mesopotamia were Neanderthals, while the strong, enduring species which crossed from Africa into Egypt were actually the real deal human beings.
I'm not the type of person to refuse the idea of evolution but honestly, i don't care one way or another. Proving that it did happen won't make me not believe in the things i believe in now. Plus it's kinda boring.
Ronin Wrote:thats true.. but come Yom Kippur, all our sins for the year go away.. ahhhh.. Yom Kippur, when all your sins are washed away.. but not yours.. because you're not jewish.. so enjoy hell! :8:
Imanu or Imanu El is a jewish name so shalom bitch.
Madonna's more jewish than you
Pages: 1 2