CDIH

Full Version: Origins - I'm sure this has been done before...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Such a gay thread, I realize but someone topping that old Sean Cold thread about Gonzo made me think where it all came from.

I think most of the people came from OA.com, but I think some of them were from the doors board, some maybe from elsewhere.

What brought you to post here?

The first time I ever posted on any messageboard was on OA.com. I heard "the boys" talking about the board right after they got syndicated to Boston, and since I'd listened to them when they were in Boston, I figured I'd log on.

Then about 2 months later, I quit my job and had 6 months off before Grad school so I pretty much became a full-time poster. Then SeanCold IM'd me about joining the site back when I used to actually AIM and go in Foundry Chat.

So did you come from OA.com? Hellhole? Wackbag? Doors? Where, who brought you here, etc?
I was on .com

Sean IM'ed me out of nowhere and asked me if I wanted to come here. At the time I thought it was a joke, because he said that a lot of people recommended me, but at the time I think the only person I actually interacted with was SLASH. Anyway, that's how I got here.
well I came from oa.com, which the majority of us probably did, many of us only went to wackbag after the influx of members post bang party. I accidently stumbled onto O&A through a friend in 99 I think the summer, he listened to them daily and he worked at a furniture store across the street from the piano shop I used to have. So i'd pop in from time to time, we did some business at times and he always had on O&A. So one day he told me Dice was gonna be on and he knew how big a fan I was of the dice man so he told me what station it was and I tuned in later on. This was the 1st time dice was on the show and it wasnt like when he later on became a fixture.

So I listened and I kinda liked them, especially anthonys dead on impersonation and during the afternoons i'd tune in since there wasnt much else on the radios during that time anyway, we'd have it on in the background.

So time went on and I really started becoming a fan and listening everyday or taping the show and listening in the evenings when working late and alone, sometimes i'd sleep at the store.

So early 2000 I think june or july they went on a vacation and I had heard of OA.com through the show but never went and figured since they're on vacation might as well see the deal. I originally joined as "spankmyjunk" in june or july of 2000 and posted for a bit, OA.com was fuckin dead at that time. The board opened in may of 2000 and there were literally maybe 4 people posting at the time froy didnt post back then, vin was actually the more prominent of the two and it was opak, IP and maybe a couple others but you literally could post and then come back 2 hours later and hopefully have a reply by someone.

I left and didnt come back till late july/early august and few more people had joined since my last visit. I forgot my password to the "spankmyjunk" account and it took forever to try and get it reset so I joined as "Thus Then" and I got ripped by some "vets" cause someone had the name "thusthen" without the space and he was upset blah blah so I finally changed my name for the last time to GonzoStyle which is much better cause i'd hate to have been spankmyjunk.

My first post on OA.com was a "Howard sucks cause..." post and it was long winded naturally which became my niche. I got ripped again for posting what had been already said 500 times before but they were happy to be gettin any activity at that point.

Then there was one post I started about a fetish I had for filipino hookers, they werent kids or anything it was grown women... then it somehow morphed into filipino kids and thus then... thus the bang party a couple weeks later and you know the rest.
Goatweed Wrote:I was on .com

Sean IM'ed me out of nowhere and asked me if I wanted to come here. At the time I thought it was a joke, because he said that a lot of people recommended me, but at the time I think the only person I actually interacted with was SLASH. Anyway, that's how I got here.

How I got here was pretty simple.

I was still a mod on oa.com when we started this site. Sean and I had discussed it cause of the whole thing with .com becoming froys search to make money. One night I was at seans and he had discussed it with a few others like afrika and some others who would be in if we did it. So we found a server and the software called up to give the credit card info and we were in business.

Originally it was meant to be like a little underground site like we'd had before but with much better software this time. Also originally sean had the awful idea of naming the site and url to the site "fuckfroy.com" which woulda been funny for 2 minutes, thankfully I talked him out of it and we agreed on cdih which he came up with and made sense.

Even though I was paying for the site I didnt feel it right to be a mod here while I was a mod on oa.com which I still cared about and many of us still did but this was a haven so to speak and no one thought it'd be a long term thing as it turned out to be.

Once roger deleted me ofcourse I finally left for good.

The first person I insisted be a mod was ikea, that I remember, I sure do miss that crazy kid
i read oa.com alot but never signed up, one kid from my hs did and he got banned after a week or two (i think his name was ranger rawb) for making fun of someones gf. a few weeks after i signed up, didn't post much
then i went away that week all the shit went down with gonzo and when i came back i saw his long ass good bye post and the link in his sig and came here.
adolescentmasturbator invited me
ymb
is it that hard to string together paragraph?
I was on ronfez for a little over a year, friends with Amy. Then Alkey & FTL started ymb and everyone signed up, i posted mainly when the rf board was scarcely active.

I had heard about this board through various people talking about it and stories told about the 'golden age" or whatever but never bothered joining. Then afterr the first ymb baseball game, or before it im not too sure...i signed up.

and that's that.
every flash your tits on YMB?

Why do girls do that? I don't understand.
free tshirt and cds!
i was invited by a young man in pink bicycle shorts and a squirrel on his chin. i miss his sweet sweet lovin.
Maynard was a good chap.
Spitfire invited me....
i was on oa.com, i went out a few times with a small group of board people before venturing to bar 9. i started talking to pat, arelis & ants first, then met jackie, trish & eric, & george. eric invited me here.
The only thing I regretted about my time on oa.com was not banning more people, I only banned 5 people and 4 of them were Mavric.
now i cant stop thinking about how much i miss maymay. i hurt. hold me.
he was a horrible poster, its ok.
YOU MOCK HIM AT YOUR PERIL FATBOY!!!
seriously all his posts were either emoticons or stalking some chick about how much they have in common.
Pages: 1 2 3