CDIH

Full Version: Conspiracy Theories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm a longtime fan of conspiracy and conjecture, and as such I've read all kinds of stuff that ranges from the believeable and even sensible to just downright insane. In this thread I shall post some of my favorite ones here, say one per day or whenever the inspiration hits me. Feel free to post your own.
In the 1950s the super-reclusive author J.D. Salinger, who worked with Nixon's boy Henry Kissinger in the counter-intelligence corps during WWII, was on CIA payroll. This is not so weird, I'm sure, as great minds are always desired by our spooks. What is weird though, is The Catcher in the Rye is used as a trigger mechanism in MK-Ultra mind programming, where monarch slaves are triggered into opening themselves up to perform whatever it is they were supposed to do. Weird, yet conjecture, right.

Check this though. Sirhan Sirhan, when he shot Robert Kennedy, had a copy of The Catcher in the Rye on him at that time. Now think about it, were you to go kill somebody, would you carry a paperback with you? For what? To read if you went to jail?

Well, that's odd enough, but then there's Mark David Chapman, who when he was arrested after killing John Lennon, also had a copy of The Catcher in the Rye on him when apprehended. And when John Hinckley shot Ronald Reagan in the '80s, guess what? Yep...had a copy of The Catcher in the Rye in his pocket.

I also remember reading an interview one time with Winona Ryder saying she never left home without carrying her copy of that book, which tipped me off, as an ultra-aware individual, with just how deep intelligence organizations have infiltrated Hollywood. Which means blockbuster movies are nothing more than propaganda...but you knew that.

For more information on MK-Ultra programming, consult your local library. Except they'll be forced to report what you checked out or asked about to feds whenever decide to check up on you.
My favorite conspiracy is how it's only conservatives who illigally conspire to destroy the country from within. Whether it's to get rid of JFK, or Reagan killing the minorities with cocaine and AIDS, or the idiot/evil-genius Bush stealing elections.

But I have heard that thing about Catcher in the Rye and it makes me feel safe that I've never read it.

Edited By Galt on 1102567326
Why would the CIA want to kill John Lennon? Were they really that pissed off about Yoko breaking up the Beatles?
Nothing to do with Yoko; everything to do with the fact that Lennon was a very popular antiwar activist, and the belief was that he might help to inspire widespread opposition to the NWO's upcoming takeover of the world.
I am actually very interested in various conspiracy theories. For exactly the same reason, actually that I took a semester long Bible-study class in college.
Anyone into the stuff on the Knights Templar, Masonry, the Holy Grail, and Rennes le Chateau?
may i suggest that we all meet this sunday to discuss it. or i'm working and i'll have 10 satellite tvs all entirely under my control. seriously ii've got some shit to work out on you people. come january i'm looking for a new job and working in this town is big on what you can bring. i need your help
nonsense post alert
local news is right now reporting how mild it is with bob dylan playing in the background.. just take some chemicals and accept everything
diceisgod Wrote:nonsense post alert
you could be my biggest ally
pcp-laced weed alert
I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.
speaking of conspiracies....

[Image: fp_sm.gif]

One of the most paranoid and complex novels written since Gravity’s Rainbow, Foucault’s Pendulum is a riveting account of one man’s voyage into the unknown; but whether he’s on a journey to enlightenment or a bad trip into a nightmare world of paranoia is a haunting uncertainty.

A conspiracy story on a grand scale, Foucault’s Pendulum was originally published in 1988 as Pendolo di Foucault, and draws from the same well often visited by Jorge Luis Borges, H.P. Lovecraft, Thomas Pynchon, Milorad Pavic, and Robert Anton Wilson. (Just as Eco’s novel would set the stage for the current generation of pop-historical thrillers such The Da Vinci Code.) Foucault’s Pendulum is set in a universe where fact mingles imperceptibly with fiction, where secret societies chart the true course of human evolution, and the occult exerts its subversive influence on reality in ways barely glimpsed by the average individual. Here the Templars and the Illuminati trade secrets in the darkened house of ignorance, and the lightbearers are only as trusty as their Ur-father, Lucifer.

A sprawling tale that connects the hermetic traditions of countless cultures across thousands of years, the actual plot begins simply in present-day Milan. Here, an Italian Colonel expresses his fears about a Templar conspiracy to a pair of editors named Belbo and Diotallevi and their friend Casaubon, a doctoral student and an expert on Templar history. (Belbo, the senior editor and proud owner of a new computer, is a loosely autobiographical character; he has an apartment in Milan and a summer house in northern Italy, smokes copious amounts of cigarettes, and enjoys whiskey. Although his adult life is different from his creator’s, many of Belbo’s childhood memories from Piedmont are drawn from Eco’s actual life.) Entertained by the sheer grandiosity of the Colonel’s cliché-ridden story, the trio’s amusement turns to consternation when the Colonel is soon reported missing. Perhaps he was not quite the crackpot he seemed?

The mystery of the Colonel’s disappearance tunes the trio more closely to occult wavelengths, and as they pursue their lives across the next several years, they notice more and more connections between various religious doctines, hermetic systems, and pseudo-historical conspiracy theories. From the Templars to the Rosicrucians, from lost underground cities to Brazilian Candomblé, everything seems to develop sinister interconnections. Eventually they are reunited in Milan, and as fate would have it, they are placed on a project to publish a series of books on esoteric lore. Their work plunges them even deeper into the telluric world of concealed truths, and soon they decide to synthesize everything they’ve learned into an apocryphal tale of their own, formulating one vast, all-encompassing Plan reflecting the secret history of the world. They are helped by a mysterious individual who claims to be immortal, as well as Belbo’s new computer, Abulafia. But as the Plan grows, the men find that it becomes harder and harder to ignore its many ramifications. Within time, the Plan assumes a life of its own, and as everything starts to fall apart at the seams, the men begin to question their own sanity – and perhaps the nature of reality itself.

It’s this inevitable descent into uncertainty and madness that Eco captures so masterfully, and Foucault’s Pendulum is filled with literary devices that mirror its arcane world. Using a framework loosely based on the Qabalah, Eco employs a wide range of elements that juxtapose the modern and the ancient, the supernatural and the scientific. Computer entries show the powers of modern technology while simultaneously crunching numbers for antique formulae. Flashbacks set the idyllic scenes of childhood against the painfully adult quest for identity. Sharp postmodern ironies stab through dense tapestries of gothic horror. The reader is taken on a disorienting ride through centuries of thought, ideas flashing by on every side, but somehow Eco manages to keep the focus on his characters. Indeed, after a while one feels all too close to the poor soul narrating this awful tale, this Casaubon whose final destiny is suggested at the very beginning of the book.

As in his previous novel, The Name of the Rose, Eco makes sure that his dazzling surface rests upon a firm foundation, and he seeks to actively engage the reader in a deeper play of ideas. From very early in the book, the reader is served with Pendulum’s underlying subject matter: the importance of symbols, the meaning of secrets, and the reality of universal truths. Using the wand of his esoteric narrative, Eco summons up several centuries’ worth of hermetic systems, alphabets, symbologies, and ciphers; and through the eyes of Casaubon and his associates they are examined, cross-referenced, deconstructed, refuted, discarded, resurrected and ultimately believed, rejected, or tabled for further discussion. Throughout this arduous process a few nagging questions arise, and it is here that the reader is truly challenged, forced to confront the central issues of the sprawling tale. Eco presents us with the notion that our symbols and alphabets are merely constructs, mirrors that reflect back only what meaning we desire to see. But if these devices are only containers for meaning, what then is meaning itself? Is meaning universal, relative, or completely artificial? How is meaning related to belief? Does our belief engineer our reality, or is it the exact opposite? Is belief a prison, or is it a form of ultimate freedom? What power have we placed in belief, in secrets, in mysteries? And what if the essence of something is concealed – does revelation await the diligent, or merely layers and layers of signifiers with no objective reality? Does the mystery of belief lie in the concealment of these “truths” to all but the devout? And if there is some kind of universal truth, how can it be realized in a universe guided by ostensibly random and meaningless principles? And given all this, what then is the difference between belief and madness, or between doubt and madness?

In one particularly brilliant chapter, Casaubon’s girlfriend uses common sense and a trust in simplicity to refute nearly the entire history of the occult, overturning countless hermetic secrets with a simple wave of her hand, reducing a network of conspiracies to the importance of a laundry list. In many ways, this chapter acts as an almost Borgesian refutation of the entire novel, and undermines any confidence we may have in an ultimate resolution. Like Thomas Pynchon’s The Crying of Lot 49 or Darren Aronofsky’s film Pi, we are left suspended between two mutually exclusive systems of thought. As the novel progresses, these contradictions and attendant paranoias press deeper into the mind of the narrator, and as the plot accelerates towards the singularity established in the beginning of the book, the borderline between inspiration and insanity grows increasingly more tenuous – for both Casaubon and the reader. But just as the ending is reached, suddenly—
Um...ok.

Ever heard of the famous Tunguska explosion in Siberia in 1908? Was it a meteor? A crashed UFO? How about a Nikola Tesla deathray experiment gone wrong!

At the time, Robert Peary was making his second attempt to reach the North Pole. Tesla supposedly told Peary that he'd be trying to get in touch with him, and for them to tell him if they saw anything odd in the distance while they were up there. On June 30, Tesla aimed his deathray across the Atlantic towards the arctic, to a spot which he calculated was west of the Peary expedition; he couldn't tell if the ray was working or not, but then an owl flew into its path and disintegrated. This concluded the experiment, so Tesla now could only wait for Peary's return.

Instead, he read in the newspaper a couple of days later of a strange event in Siberia. On June 30, a massive explosion had devastated Tunguska, a remote area in the Siberian wilderness; thousands of acres of land had been instantly destroyed, and the explosion was audible from hundreds of miles away. Scientists believe it was caused by either a meteorite or a fragment of a comet, although no obvious impact site or mineral remnants of such an object were ever found.

Nikola Tesla had a different explanation. It was plain that his death ray had overshot its intended target and destroyed Tunguska. It is said that he dismantled the death ray at once, deeming it too dangerous to remain in existence.

Many years later, long after Tesla's death, ex-Nazi scientists in the Soviet Union worked for decades to put Nikola Tesla's theories to work to build a deathray. The real reason for Gorbachev's accepting Reagan's zero option nuclear proposal is a sinister one, says retired Col. Thomas E. Beardon. Although the scientists were successful in creating the deathray, the one downside is that it sets off nuclear missiles within a 500 mile radius; but with the elimination of nuclear weapons, the Soviet Union would be free to use the deathray to take over the world.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.qtm.net/~geibdan/news2/greatone.htm">http://www.qtm.net/~geibdan/news2/greatone.htm</a><!-- m -->

Jackie Gleason & The Little "Men From Mars"
by Timothy Green Beckley

Way back in the mid-1960s, I got a letter in the mail from Jackie Gleason Productions, Hollywood, Florida, ordering a copy of a mimeographed booklet I had put together relating to UFOs. This, to me, was confirmation of what I had heard rumors about for a long time ... that "the Great One" was personally involved in researching UFOs. Supposedly - and I've since found out that this is true - Gleason had one of the greatest UFO book collections in the world. This is where the tale gets a bit wilder. A story circulated by Gleason's ex-wife, Beverly, has Jackie actually viewing the bodies of several aliens who died when their craft crashed in the Southwest.

The story was carried originally in the National Enquirer, and though Beverly Gleason later confirmed it to members of the press who were able to track her down, independent confirmation of Gleason's supposed experience could - for the longest time - not be certified.

Now with the striking revelations of a young man who knew Gleason personally, it can safely be said that such an event did take place...

Larry Warren was an Airman First Class stationed at Bentwaters Air Force Base in England (a NATO installation staffed mainly by US. servicemen) when an incredible series of events took place over Christmas week of 1980. A UFO was picked up on radar and subsequently came down just outside the perimeter of the base in a dense forest.

On the first of several nights of confrontation with the Unknown, three security police ventured into the area across an eerie-looking object hovering just above the ground. One of the MPs was mesmerized by the UFO and was unable to move for nearly an hour. While in this mental state, he received some sort of telepathic message that the craft would return. For the next few nights, up to 80 US. servicemen, British bobbies, as well as civilians from some nearby farms, witnessed an historic event. According to Larry Warrenwho stood within feet of this craft from another world-three occupants came out of the ship and actually communicated with a high ranking member of the U.S. Air Force.

This close encounter at Bentwaters has become the subject of several books (see "From Out Of The Blue", Jenny Randles, Inner Light Publications) and has been given wide publicity on CNN, Home Box Office and more recently "Unsolved Mysteries." Warren has, in a sense, become somewhat of a celebrity himself as he remains in the public eye, willing to talk about what he observed.

"Jackie Gleason was interested in hearing my story first hand," Warren offers as a means of explaining how he met the famous comic in May, 1986. "At the time I was living in Connecticut and both CNN and HBO had run pieces on the Bentwaters case. Through mutual friends who knew members of his family, I was told that Gleason would like to talk with me privately in his home in Westchester County, and so the meeting was set for a Saturday when we would both have some time to relax'". After being formally introduced, the two men ventured into Gleason's recreation room complete with pool table and full-size bar. "There were hundreds of UFO books all over the place," Warren explains, "but Jackie was quick to tell me that this was only a tiny portion of his entire collection, which was housed in his home in Florida." For the rest of the day, UFO researcher and UFO witness exchanged information. "Gleason seemed to be very well informed on the subject," Larry says, "as he knew the smallest detail about most cases and showed me copies of the book "Clear Intent" that had just been published, as well as a copy of "Sky Crash", a British book about Bentwaters that was published, actually, before all the details of this case were made public. I remember Gleason telling me about his own sightings of several discs in Florida and how he thought there were undersea UFOs bases out in the Bermuda Triangle."

But it wasn't till after Warren had downed a few beers and Gleason had had a number of drinks-"his favorite, Rob Roys"-that conversation really got down to brass tacks. "At some point, Gleason turned to me and said, 'I want to tell you something very amazing that will probably come out some day anyway. We've got em!' 'Got what', I wanted to know? 'Aliens!' Gleason sputtered, catching his breath." According to Warren, Jackie proceeded to tell him the intriguing set of circumstances that led him to the stunning conclusion that extraterrestrials have arrived on our cosmic shores. "It was back when Nixon was in office that something truly amazing happened to me," Gleason explained. "We were close golfing buddies and had been out on the golf course all day when somewhere around the 15th hole, the subject of UFOs came up. Not many people know this," Gleason told Warren, "but the President shares my interest in this matter and has a large collection of books in his home on UFOs just like I do. For some reason, however, he never really took me into his confidence about what he personally knew to be true... one of the reasons being that he was usually sur- rounded by so many aids and advisers." Later that night, matters changed radically, when Richard Nixon showed up at Gleason's house around midnight. "He was all alone for a change. There were no secret service agents with him or anyone else. I said, 'Mr. President, what are you doing here?' and he said he wanted to take me someplace and show me something." Gleason got into the President's private car and they sped off into the darkness - their destination being Homestead Air Force Base. "I remember we got to the gate and this young MP came up to the car to look to see inside and his jaw seemed to drop a foot when he saw who was behind the wheel. He just sort of pointed and we headed off." Warren says that later Gleason found out that the secret service was going absolutely crazy trying to find out where Nixon was. "We drove to the very far end of the base in a segregated area," Gleason went on, "finally stopping near a well-guarded building. The security police saw us coming and just sort of moved back as we passed them and entered the structure. There were a number of labs we passed through first before we entered a section where Nixon pointed out what he said was the wreckage from a flying saucer, enclosed in several large cases." Gleason noted his initial reaction was that this was all a joke brought on by their earlier conversation on the golf course. But it wasn't, as Gleason soon learned. "Next, we went into an inner chamber and there were six or eight of what looked like glass-topped Coke freezers. Inside them were the mangled remains of what I took to be children. Then - upon closer examination - I saw that some of the other figures looked quite old. Most of them were terribly mangled as if they had been in an accident."

According to Larry Warren's testimony (regarding Gleason's lengthy conversation about UFOs and space visitors), "I forget whether he said they had three or four fingers on each hand, but they definitely were not human...of this he was most certain!" For three weeks following his trip with Nixon to Homestead Air Force Base, the world famous entertainer couldn't sleep and couldn't eat. "Jackie told me that he was very traumatized by all of this. He just couldn't understand why our government wouldn't tell the public all they knew about UFOs and space visitors. He said he even drank more heavily than usual until he could regain some of his composure and come back down to everyday reality." Larry Warren is convinced that Gleason wasn't lying to him. "You could tell that he was very sincere - he took the whole affair very seriously, and I could tell that he wanted to get the matter off his chest, and this was why he was telling me all of this." And as far as Larry Warren was concerned, the Great One's personal testimony only added extra credibility to his own first hand experience with aliens while he was in the service.

"Jackie felt just like I do that the government needs to 'come clean,' and tell us all it knows about space visitors. It time they stopped lying to the public and release all the evidence they have. When they do, then we'll all be able to see the same things the late Jackie Gleason did!"

Hopefully this day may arrive soon.
HUMAN RESPONSES TO THE UNKNOWN
by John Keel

At precisely 9:18 a.m. on the morning of February 19th, a large kitchen sink of gleaming porcelain and shining chrome came crashing out of a cloudless sky into the backyard of one Waldo Yentz, destroying his favorite rosebush. In a fit of high pique, Mr. Yentz called the police, the newspapers, the F.A.A., the U.S. Air Force, and his elderly aunt in Toledo. Great crowds soon gathered in the Yentz backard to gaze upon the errant plumbing.

A learned professor from a nearby college hastily organized a press conference and announced that the sink had obviously fallen from a high flying jet plane. He did not visit the Yentz yard, however, pointing out that when you've seen one sink you've seen them all.

The Air Force, on the other hand, told reporters the object must have dropped off a truck passing by on the main highway which was a mere mile and a half from the Yentz homestead. Mr. Yentz's aunt took the event as an indication that God was mad at somebody. His wife, Shirley, told the curious that she never did like the neighborhood and wasn't at all surprised when the sink made its sudden appearance. Anything could happen in such a rotten neighborhood.

Unbeknowst to the befuddled Yentzes, kitchen sinks were bombarding a Moscow suburb that week and Pravda denounced them as part of a new imperialist plot. In London's Hyde Park, a pigeon fancier was brained by a piece of aerial plumbing on the same day that the Yentz rosebush was flattened. One the other side of the world, in New Guinea, the natives were made restless by a massive urinal that tumbled down from the heavens. They immediately build a shrine around it and began worshiping it.
Think the suggestion that all the stuff going down at Area 51 is the military testing new technology is just a cover up for the TRUTH--i.e. that aliens are there, working with/bossing around the government? Alex Constantine thinks just the opposite!

The Nazis invented electromagnetically-powered flying saucers during World War II (the Foo Fighters were unmanned prototypes). Constantine suggests that the U.S. took the technology after defeating Germany and now carries on the research at Area 51. Some say, though, that some Nazis escaped in flying saucers to the Antarctica entrance to the hollow earth, where now the third generation Nazis are in league with the descended-from-dinosaurs Naga people, and they're trying to make the earth impossible for humans to live on (through pollution, etc.) so they can once again take over.
Those damn Nazis.
Sir O Wrote:Some say, though, that some Nazis escaped in flying saucers to the Antarctica entrance to the hollow earth, where now the third generation Nazis are in league with the descended-from-dinosaurs Naga people, and they're trying to make the earth impossible for humans to live on (through pollution, etc.) so they can once again take over.
???????
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6