CDIH

Full Version: yanks 2005 world series tix on sale tomorrow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ! RJ!
when are they gonna sign dave winfield?
In all seriousness, this is huge. And probably Beltran, but this is a team that (including luxury tax) is going to have about a $300 million payroll next year. The farm system is completely barron. Jaret Wright is going to be an absolute disaster. Just horrilbe. Like 5+ ERA horrible. And with they payroll up at such a level and breaking the bank short-term to overpay for Pavano and Wright, where's going to be the flexibility to spend in '05, '06 when actual stellar free agent pitchers like Sheets, Prior, Beckett, Oswalt, Mulder, and Oliver Perez hit the market?

The Yanks will obviously once again win the division with well over 100 games, and assuming a healthy (cartilage free) RJ is fully healthy for the playoffs, + Pavano and Mussina, they should probably do fine in the playoffs.

But I honestly think that Sox coming back from down 0-3 not only killed the Yanks last season, but I think it probably crippled them for the next few.

Even the biggest fan of the Yankees has to look at multitude of horrible contracts, very very old lineup, and see that this team is steamrolling down the hill from their late 90s zenith.
sour grapes. enjoy wells and his back in '05!
wells and his back are just as bad and just as old as Randy and his back.

World Series Champs can't have sour grapes about anything.

As I already said, the Yankees are the prohibitive favorites for well over 100 wins and World Series champs. THIS YEAR.

But seriously, what about after that? They have nothing coming in afterwards. They have a handful of horrible horrible contracts that aren't up for a few years and will prevent them from doing anything.

Jaret Wright is atrocious. Giambi is a black hole. Posada is declining. Womack?? Bernie is dead weight. Sheffield - steroids is ready to decline. Brown and Randy and Mussina. All great players. But with an average age of about 40, surely they are going to break down. Yet all of these players are under contract for a few more years.

2005 should be a good year for the yanks if everyone holds up. But '06 and and '07 and beyond start to look like disasters.
It's just like reading ESPN.com, except on a five hour delay.
they re-signed Tino for a 1 year contract.

I like the guy, but come on...they could've found a better Giambi replacement.
what's the deal with Giambi? Can he not play anymore? Are they just giving up on him?
they wanted a better clubhouse presence, and Tino won't mind sharing 1st base. Giambi..i think they are still trying to via out of contract..but also, i think they have afear they are stuck with him...and want insurance or at least make Giambi earn his way back into the lineup
I like Tino; so many people like Tino, he's going to get a fucking huge ovation in his first game at the stadium. And if Giambi does play, he might just go insane, when every time he comes up to bat, people start chanting "we want tino!" or "BAL-CO!"
that luxury tax is outrageous. 40% next year. even george has to admit thats fiscally irresponsible.
he still makes a nice profit and does what every owner should do, puts his money into the team. every city wishes its team owner would do that. dont blame him for playing by the existing rules. hate the game, not the playa.
oh i totally appreciate steinbrenner for putting his money back into the team. i just dont see how he can make a profit with a 40% luxury tax. if he can, more power to him.
revenues last year were like 320 million.

Salary last year was 230 million. Salary in '05 will be 300
Quote:According to the New York Post, a $15 million salary would wind up costing the Yankees $21 million when the 2005 luxury tax is factored in, and even Steinbrenner might begin to feel the financial crunch at some point.
no you can't
top for relevance
This from the same guy who was also allover that waste of flesh who's now playing football, not surprising.
I'm telling ya, he's the future of third base for the Yanks!
Pages: 1 2