FBHW Forums
Right now I'm.... - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Right now I'm.... (/showthread.php?tid=712)

Right now I'm.... - Rock Monster - 03-18-2009

Jiggy Wrote:
Doktor Wrote:building a time machine.

You should go back in time and stop yourself from creating an account here.

Better yet,
Go back to when your parents conceived you, and show them how you will turn out in life....

that should solve all of our problems.

Right now I'm.... - Philly Mike - 03-18-2009

Rock Monster Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:You should go back in time and stop yourself from creating an account here.

Better yet,
Go back to when your parents conceived you, and show them how you will turn out in life....

that should solve all of our problems.

hey now come on, give the guy a break. He hasn't been all that much an ass as he used to be.

besides, you think he would actually be able to successfully build this machine. I am surprised he can hook up his Xbox.

Philly Mike Wrote:besides, you think he would actually be able to successfully build this machine. I am surprised he can hook up his Xbox.

I don't know, he may be successful. He seems to have the ability to write sentences once in a while by randomly smashing his face against the keyboard.

Rock Monster Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:besides, you think he would actually be able to successfully build this machine. I am surprised he can hook up his Xbox.

I don't know, he may be successful. He seems to have the ability to write sentences once in a while by randomly smashing his face against the keyboard.

hey, in all seriousness he has made a strong effort to not be a complete dick, and i give him credit for that. Plus he actually does seem to have somewhat of a good brain in that head of his, even if he chooses to not show it.

Philly Mike Wrote:hey, in all seriousness he has made a strong effort to not be a complete dick...

really?

Doktor Wrote:Yeah. I thought he meant just pictures of shit for avatars for them.

But seriously, eat a dick, Ass.

Doktor Wrote:The man who invented the compass had a 360 degree swivel hand.

http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=bs&thread=3331&page=1

I'm positive I could find more if I put just a little effort into it.

Right now I'm...

still a little bit impressed at myself for waking up, showering, shaving, getting around, and out the door in 10 minutes this morning.

On a related note, that feeling when you wake up late, isn't that the worst feeling in the world?

Rock Monster Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:hey, in all seriousness he has made a strong effort to not be a complete dick...

really?

Doktor Wrote:The man who invented the compass had a 360 degree swivel hand.

http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=bs&thread=3331&page=1

I'm positive I could find more if I put just a little effort into it.

you use those as examples?? so what. he said some stupid things. Big deal. he didn't try to piss anyone off. Why would you get pissed off because he tried to do a stupid joke as a thread, I didn't even acknowledge it when i first saw it and just left it be. And he stated a stupid fact in an attempt at a lame joke. If you get pissed off at that then you don't belong here. That is no reason to talk shit about someone.

Doktor isn't exactly my favorite person on the board here. Nor would i care to be a good friend of his, but he is still just here and he bullshits around just like the rest of us. His idea of humor may not fly over well with most, but it isn't the end of the world for anyone who reads it either.

Philly Mike Wrote:you use those as examples?? so what. he said some stupid things. Big deal. he didn't try to piss anyone off. Why would you get pissed off because he tried to do a stupid joke as a thread, I didn't even acknowledge it when i first saw it and just left it be. And he stated a stupid fact in an attempt at a lame joke. If you get pissed off at that then you don't belong here. That is no reason to talk shit about someone.

They don't piss me off. I mostly just ignore him. You implied that he was trying to clean up his act. I came up with a couple of quick examples of how he is still a dick and a troll.

Rock Monster Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:you use those as examples?? so what. he said some stupid things. Big deal. he didn't try to piss anyone off. Why would you get pissed off because he tried to do a stupid joke as a thread, I didn't even acknowledge it when i first saw it and just left it be. And he stated a stupid fact in an attempt at a lame joke. If you get pissed off at that then you don't belong here. That is no reason to talk shit about someone.

They don't piss me off. I mostly just ignore him. You implied that he was trying to clean up his act. I came up with a couple of quick examples of how he is still a dick and a troll.

yes i did imply that, because if you look at it, for every one of those posts you can show(not counting the initial ones from the time he was here before the whole thing came to a head in that one thread) he has actually changed. counting that time for each one of those examples i could probably show you 2 examples where he was actually on topic, and productive. Not to mention he has posted some threads that have gotten legs and went somewhere.

if you really want to look at it, you being here and complaining about him "being a dick and a troll." is kind of trollish of you. Isn't it?

Philly Mike Wrote:yes i did imply that, because if you look at it, for every one of those posts you can show(not counting the initial ones from the time he was here before the whole thing came to a head in that one thread) he has actually changed.

if you really want to look at it, you being here and complaining about him "being a dick and a troll." is kind of trollish of you. Isn't it?

just because he has changed, doesn't make him OK. You can go from the worst looking waitress at Denys to the best looking one, but does that make you good looking?

I wasn't complaining about him being a dick and a troll until you started defending him. I only stated that I wish he would go away.

Right now I'm.... - Mad Dog - 03-18-2009

Personally, I like the fact that Doktor sticks up for himself even if he happens to be wrong and stirs the pot that is this message board. He certainly has made it a hell of a lot more interesting. It was getting very stale. And now its not. I have been very amused with the message board lately, largely due to the good Doktor.

I'm defending him because he is being unjustly attacked by a lot of people.
http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?board=politics&action=display&thread=3343
what did he do here that howie had to start being a dick. He posted a thread with a stupid question, dingdong was in there joking a little. then he gets attacked.

If people start talking shit like that and i was sitting there i would effing start trolling too.

Quote:I wasn't complaining about him being a dick and a troll until you started defending him. I only stated that I wish he would go away.

exactly, so you just decide to flame someone just because.

Right now I'm.... - -Jiggy- - 03-18-2009

Here's the problem with Doktor. He's weird. I don't imply that to be mean or spiteful. I actually think weird is a good thing. Hell, were probably all weird in our own ways but he's a weird kind of weird and I think that throws people off.

I don't have a problem with his strangeness per say, however, it is so hard to tell if he is trying to play a character or if he is actually like that. He already admitted once that he created an account to test us and experiment. I feel like he is Crispin Glover or Joaquin Phoenix and he is using us as his stage. He has his moments of saneness if it is a topic he likes but if it's not he just has crazy ass posts that come off very trollish.

Right now I'm.... - Howie Feltersnatch - 03-18-2009

Mad Dog Wrote:Personally, I like the fact that Doktor sticks up for himself even if he happens to be wrong and stirs the pot that is this message board. He certainly has made it a hell of a lot more interesting. It was getting very stale. And now its not. I have been very amused with the message board lately, largely due to the good Doktor.

the message board has been a big turd lately.

It's lacking a fistor and a plungerhand

I don't think we need to get into a discussion about this With Philly Mike. We've all seen where that road leads:

http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?board=politics&action=display&thread=3265&page=1

Wink

Philly Mike Wrote:
Quote:I wasn't complaining about him being a dick and a troll until you started defending him. I only stated that I wish he would go away.

exactly, so you just decide to flame someone just because.

Not just "because." I had a reason. I think he's a troll and a dick. I just wasn't complaining about it.

This thread will speak for itself.

Rock Monster Wrote:I don't think we need to get into a discussion about this With Philly Mike. We've all seen where that road leads:

http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?board=politics&action=display&thread=3265&page=1

Wink

really?? you bring that up. wow way to show your maturity dude.

as stated before who is the troll now? your sitting here trying to blast him and now i am here to at least say he isn't really being all that bad you go an attack me. your not even worth my time in insulting about that. especially with that topic, considering it is nothing to compare to what you are doing here.

Right now I'm.... - Titan! - 03-18-2009

If you don't feed a troll it dies and goes away

ButI don't think Dr is being a troll, he may be posting some weird shit, but maybe he's just weird ?

I cerrtainly don't think he deserved the ton of shit he got for his what would you do with a billion dollars thread.

Right now I'm... heading to the store to get some Sam Adam's to accompany the new episode of Lost tonight

Philly Mike Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:I don't think we need to get into a discussion about this With Philly Mike. We've all seen where that road leads:

Wink

really?? you bring that up. wow way to show your maturity dude.

as stated before who is the troll now? your sitting here trying to blast him and now i am here to at least say he isn't really being all that bad you go an attack me. your not even worth my time in insulting about that. especially with that topic, considering it is nothing to compare to what you are doing here.

calm down there buddy. You see this----> Wink? When people post that, it usually means that they are joking. Next time I will make it a little more obvious.

It doesn't matter. This is annoying because he has been acting pretty normal with the occasional stupid post. I frankly don't really care for the threads he started that you guys are saying are good threads. But he has been acting civil, and now getting ganged up on like this you will just push him in a corner and he will just start up again. There is no need for it.

Right now I'm.... - hotzester - 03-18-2009

Every forum needs a shitbucket. He just happens to fill that role. Better him than me.

To get back to the topic at hand....

...going grocery shopping.

hotzester Wrote:...going grocery shopping.

Hey pal, pick me up a 6er of Boston Lager, I decided i'm too lazy to get it myself

Right now I'm.... - Biff - 03-18-2009

I have to agree with PhillyMike and Titan. If you don't provoke him and just ignore what you perceive as annoying posts then it will all work out.

If not for anything else, PM the mods if you find something objectionable.

Right now I'm.... - Mad Dog - 03-18-2009

Admin Wrote:I have to agree with PhillyMike and Titan. If you don't provoke him and just ignore what you perceive as annoying posts then it will all work out.

If not for anything else, PM the mods if you find something objectionable.

Sometimes you are a pearl of wisdom Biff.

Right now I'm.... - potthole - 03-18-2009

About ready to burn the new bookshelf from IKEA... I need to get eight screws in to finish the job... four to hold down the top, four to hold down the bottom.

There are three screws left to put in, and they will just not go. And of course, because of the other ones that are in, I'm not able to pry back the top/bottom piece far enough to find out why things aren't getting properly aligned.

Right now I'm.... - zdunklee - 03-18-2009

My guess would be something is backwards, I put together bar stools from IKEA and the first 3 went smoothly, the fourth one for some reason the 4th one one of the leg connectors was too short, I eventually figured out that everything looked right, but I had actually reversed the two leg pieces and that was the problem because of the way they ever so slightly bowed out.

It would help if they had better directions with their products.

potthole Wrote:About ready to burn the new bookshelf from IKEA... I need to get eight screws in to finish the job... four to hold down the top, four to hold down the bottom.

There are three screws left to put in, and they will just not go. And of course, because of the other ones that are in, I'm not able to pry back the top/bottom piece far enough to find out why things aren't getting properly aligned.

HA HA :o

God I hate Ikea and their crap.

Right now I'm.... - beckyp - 03-18-2009

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:the message board has been a big turd lately.

It's lacking a fistor and a plungerhand but jo makes up for both with her girl balls and loveable spunk.

well thank ya kindly.

Right now I'm.... - shawnp - 03-18-2009

Hating my own existence....

zdunklee Wrote:My guess would be something is backwards, I put together bar stools from IKEA and the first 3 went smoothly, the fourth one for some reason the 4th one one of the leg connectors was too short, I eventually figured out that everything looked right, but I had actually reversed the two leg pieces and that was the problem because of the way they ever so slightly bowed out.

It would help if they had better directions with their products.

Don't really know what was causing the trouble with the bookcase, but wound up getting the rest of the screws in. My guess is just that the pieces were eversoslightly out of line.

As for the directions, you are dead on. I accidentally put together the drawer for a file cabinet backwards because the stupid directions didn't properly show if some of the holes on the sides of the drawer were supposed to be on the top or the bottom. That effer was a pain in the ass to pry apart.

Titan ! Wrote:HA HA :o

God I hate Ikea and their crap.

Aside from the slight hiccup with the bookcase and the drawer for my file cabinet, I've really liked the stuff we just got over the weekend.

My new desk went together without a problem, seems nice and solid, and was under $100.

Yeah well you actually like the person you went shopping with, the last time I was there (At the Ikea in Chicago) I was with my very soon to be ex, and the begining of the relationship was just begining to show it's cracks. So I spent one of my at the time very rare Saturday's off at Ikea, becuase we HAD to look at every single item 3 times (Im not exaggerating there) then another hour and a half while she debated the economics of buys all the crap that she did, and then I spent most of Sunday putting it all together, only to strip some screws, and find a couple parts and pieces missing.

So, for me it's all in the context.

Ahhhhhhh venting is good.

I did well for most of the time spent looking around the store. Near the end I was wanting to kill myself, but that was mainly due to the large numbers of screaming children that were around us.

The best part was when we left for lunch, we ate at the Cheesecake Factory, and man that shrimp club sandwich and chocolate raspberry cheesecake was awesome

Right now I'm.... - Howie Feltersnatch - 03-18-2009

Right now I'm:

Uncomfortably full with Ovaltine Choc Milk

Right now I'm.... - plungerhand - 03-18-2009

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:Personally, I like the fact that Doktor sticks up for himself even if he happens to be wrong and stirs the pot that is this message board. He certainly has made it a hell of a lot more interesting. It was getting very stale. And now its not. I have been very amused with the message board lately, largely due to the good Doktor.

the message board has been a big turd lately.

I hear ya bro.... somebody opened a newb-gate and the neighborhood went to hell. dok is a douche

I got layed off and my new employer won't spring for a 'puter on my mower..PRICK

jus' P Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:the message board has been a big turd lately.

I hear ya bro.... somebody opened a newb-gate and the neighborhood went to hell. dok is a douche

I got layed off and my new employer won't spring for a 'puter on my mower..PRICK

Unfortunately you can't have the same 10-15 people posting all the time. The only reason all of us are here is because of our love for the show. As they are getting new listeners and markets there will be new people coming here.

I guess I could be considered somewhat of a newb. I signed up in the summer but didn't really start posting anything until a few months ago. I understand that this board may have a different feel than what some of you veterans have been used to but that is the natural evolution of this whole thing. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 03-18-2009

Jiggy Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:I hear ya bro.... somebody opened a newb-gate and the neighborhood went to hell. dok is a douche

Unfortunately you can't have the same 10-15 people posting all the time.

Nope. Only the three of us (me, you and z) slapping each other around in the Wheel of Bad Games. We get our frustration out for the board in there. Maybe it would help with anxiety levels if they would participate.

Right now I'm.... - plungerhand - 03-18-2009

Jiggy Wrote:Unfortunately you can't have the same 10-15 people posting all the time. The only reason all of us are here is because of our love for the show. As they are getting new listeners and markets there will be new people coming here.

I guess I could be considered somewhat of a newb. I signed up in the summer but didn't really start posting anything until a few months ago. I understand that this board may have a different feel than what some of you veterans have been used to but that is the natural evolution of this whole thing. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

What does that even mean? Enjoy what ride? Different feel?

drop//// sounds like a gay///drop

right now I'm....

finishing off some Steel Reserve and watching South Park, featuring the reurn of Professor Chaos

jus' P Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:Unfortunately you can't have the same 10-15 people posting all the time. The only reason all of us are here is because of our love for the show. As they are getting new listeners and markets there will be new people coming here.

What does that even mean? Enjoy what ride? Different feel?

drop//// sounds like a gay///drop

What does it mean???

Did you actually read what I wrote.

*edit - I was not trying to come off as a jerk by saying this. I was just trying to make a discussion out of it.