FBHW Forums
Right now I'm.... - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Right now I'm.... (/showthread.php?tid=712)

Right now I'm.... - -Jiggy- - 03-25-2009

Allyson Wrote:deciding which day would be best to call in sick.

The middle of the week is always good. It gives you a little vacation day to get you into the weekend.

Besides if you take off a Friday or Monday no one ever believes your sick.

Right now I'm.... - Allyson - 03-25-2009

Well now my sick day is going to have to wait my week just filled up. Maybe next week.

Right now I'm.... - Titan! - 03-25-2009

Yet another post that reminds me of a Weird Al song

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/XsuySc7AXiI&hl=en[/flash]

Right now I'm.... - Biff - 03-25-2009

FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:Wishing Aerosmith would have stopped making albums after 1977. How could a band that was so good, suck so bad. Draw the Line was really their last good album.

Mostly correct. Night in the Ruts (1979) was brilliant. Rock in a Hard Place (1982) is vastly underrated and was actually a very good album. Pump was mostly brilliant. Everything after Pump is a shit sandwich.

Right now I'm.... - Philly Mike - 03-25-2009

Jiggy Wrote:

The middle of the week is always good. It gives you a little vacation day to get you into the weekend.

Who cares if they believe it, what are they going to do, a surprise health inspection, then give you a sick day ticket?

Admin Wrote:
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:Wishing Aerosmith would have stopped making albums after 1977. How could a band that was so good, suck so bad. Draw the Line was really their last good album.

Mostly correct. Night in the Ruts (1979) was brilliant. Rock in a Hard Place (1982) is vastly underrated and was actually a very good album. Pump was mostly brilliant. Everything after Pump is a shit sandwich.
true, although there is a good nugget of music here and there that slips out.

Philly Mike Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:The middle of the week is always good. It gives you a little vacation day to get you into the weekend.

Who cares if they believe it, what are they going to do, a surprise health inspection, then give you a sick day ticket?

My point is if you put red flags up they watch you closer. At least in my experience. If you can take time off while laying low at the same time you have a better chance of doing it again without scrutiny.

Right now I'm.... - krystal - 03-25-2009

Just took an hour and a half long lunch (went to see my dad, he had surgery yesterday). I don't think anyone noticed me missing.

Right now I'm.... - peachs - 03-25-2009

just finished grocery shopping. Gonna watch some food network for awhile

Right now I'm.... - sunshyne - 03-25-2009

Krystal, I hope your dad is doing well, if I had been on the board for any length of time yesterday, I would have missed you. If it makes you feel any better, no one missed me on Friday.

Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 03-25-2009

sunshyne Wrote:Krystal, I hope your dad is doing well, if I had been on the board for any length of time yesterday, I would have missed you. If it makes you feel any better, no one missed me on Friday.

I do happen to notice when you two are gone. I just don't always necessarily delve into your business. But, yes, you are missed when you are not here.

Smile

Right now I'm.... - sunshyne - 03-25-2009

Smile Thanks Queenie

Right now I'm.... - krystal - 03-25-2009

Thank you. (I meant, more or less, that work didn't miss me. My boss didn't notice how long I was gone.)

My dad is doing fine, he's super-drugged up and ready to get out. He had his hip replaced (he had his other hip replaced last summer). So now, it's ok for me to avoid my parents' house until he either stops withdrawing from whatever happy fun drug they are giving him, or Easter, whichever comes first.

Krystal Wrote:Thank you. (I meant, more or less, that work didn't miss me. My boss didn't notice how long I was gone.)

My dad is doing fine, he's super-drugged up and ready to get out.

Glad to hear that Krys!

sunshyne Wrote:Smile Thanks Queenie

Hell I hear a firetruck or policecar and think of you two! Thinking to myself, gosh I wonder if that was near 4th & Church or 3rd & Commerce . . .

Anyhoo . . . i'll see you in traffic in a few. It's going to be fun trying to get home today.

effin non-driving Nashvillians! :-[

Sitting in the parking lot trying to decide whether or not I want to go home or stay down town

Should I stay or should I go now,
If I stay there could be trouble,
If I go there could be double . . .

Right now I'm.... - Torque - 03-25-2009

Swearing like a sailor. Befouled with calamities post-work. Was 3 miles into my walk with my dog when I started getting a major blister for some reason. Limped all the way home where I then tripped over said dog and fell down our outdoor concrete steps and landed on my elbow. 15 minutes later I saw a random tire lying in our yard by the road, didn't pay attention to how bald it was when, cradling my arm, I picked it up I sliced my hand all up on the metal threads. But my Road & Track arrived today so I still say the day ended as overall positive.

Torque Wrote:Swearing like a sailor. Befouled with calamities post-work. Was 3 miles into my walk with my dog when I started getting a major blister for some reason. Limped all the way home where I then tripped over said dog and fell down our outdoor concrete steps and landed on my elbow. 15 minutes later I saw a random tire lying in our yard by the road, didn't pay attention to how bald it was when, cradling my arm, I picked it up I sliced my hand all up on the metal threads. But my Road & Track arrived today so I still say the day ended as overall positive.

Good god.

Torque Wrote:Swearing like a sailor. Befouled with calamities post-work. Was 3 miles into my walk with my dog when I started getting a major blister for some reason. Limped all the way home where I then tripped over said dog and fell down our outdoor concrete steps and landed on my elbow. 15 minutes later I saw a random tire lying in our yard by the road, didn't pay attention to how bald it was when, cradling my arm, I picked it up I sliced my hand all up on the metal threads. But my Road & Track arrived today so I still say the day ended as overall positive.

This means tomorrow you're going to win the lottery.

Right now I'm.... - imatoolhed - 03-25-2009

^lol

its always someone elses pain that brings you laughter for some reason

Right now I'm.... - Torque - 03-25-2009

I'm too poor to play the lottery. But theoretically I should tomorrow.

Right now I'm.... - potthole - 03-25-2009

Hope the weather forecast gets better for Thursday... I'd like to be able to get the first baseball shoot with the new lens at a ballgame after work.

Right now I'm.... - Howie Feltersnatch - 03-25-2009

Right now I'm:

Drinking Tahiti Treet with Vodka while the wife watches Lost...

Right now I'm.... - Biff - 03-25-2009

potthole Wrote:Hope the weather forecast gets better for Thursday... I'd like to be able to get the first baseball shoot with the new lens at a ballgame after work.

Where?

Right now I'm.... - potthole - 03-25-2009

Sullivan Field... Davenport's new team has their home games there for now. Sullivan also happens to be where I pitched one hell of a game back in high school- six innings, one run, two hits, two walks and five strikeouts.

potthole Wrote:Sullivan Field... Davenport's new team has their home games there for now. Sullivan also happens to be where I pitched one hell of a game back in high school- six innings, one run, two hits, two walks and five strikeouts.

Yeah get some practice. You're going to need it. Big Grin

That reminds me, CC's games are pretty accessable, maybe I should get a few test shots before the throwdown

potthole Wrote:Sullivan Field... Davenport's new team has their home games there for now. Sullivan also happens to be where I pitched one hell of a game back in high school- six innings, one run, two hits, two walks and five strikeouts.

My ex-boss's daughter plays for Davenport. She was in a game that was televised on ESPN last year for a world series game she played in.

Right now I'm.... - Philly Mike - 03-25-2009

Torque Wrote:I'm too poor to play the lottery. But theoretically I should tomorrow.

well hey if those chances are going your way the powerball is pretty high, but you could always try the super 7 they decided to revive from about 15 years ago.

I always like going for the 1000 a week for life scratch offs, you never know if you could be that lucky one.

Right now I'm.... - peachs - 03-26-2009

going to bed.. Long day of ready-ing myself for the weekend getaway tomorrow! Big Grin

Right now I'm.... - beckyp - 03-26-2009

wishing that Effhead Green Day Gary would stop making videos over 10mins so i don't have to cut Joe stunts into 2 parts.

Right now I'm.... - Howie Feltersnatch - 03-26-2009

Right now I'm:

WOOT-OFF Bitches!!!

Right now I'm.... - Titan! - 03-26-2009

Krystal Wrote:Why is it that yesterday I oversleep, but today I wake up at 3:00 a.m. and stay up?

Because of your gut wrenching guilt over leaving us for Hawaii. I hope you choke on a coconut

Right now I'm.... - krystal - 03-26-2009

Titan ! Wrote:
Krystal Wrote:Why is it that yesterday I oversleep, but today I wake up at 3:00 a.m. and stay up?

Because of your gut wrenching guilt over leaving us for Hawaii. I hope you choke on a coconut

Such love! Big Grin

Well I thought saying that I hope you choke on a pineapple would be too mean.

Right now I'm.... - peachs - 03-26-2009

but pineapples are SO yummy

I bet if you took some pineapple and coconut and mixed them together somehow and added rum and ice it would be awesome...

I should think of a name for that

Right now I'm.... - krystal - 03-26-2009

Titan ! Wrote:I bet if you took some pineapple and coconut and mixed them together somehow and added rum and ice it would be awesome...

I should think of a name for that

:-*

Oh, holy god, I want one.

My ex and I used to have a Christmas eve dinner tradition where we would grill NY strips and make fresh pina colodas

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Right now I'm:

WOOT-OFF Bitches!!!

Damn that stuff sells fast

Right now I'm.... - potthole - 03-26-2009

Titan ! Wrote:

Yeah get some practice. You're going to need it. Big Grin

That reminds me, CC's games are pretty accessable, maybe I should get a few test shots before the throwdown

Do you know if CC charges to enter baseball games? I just realized that I'm not sure if I'll have to pay today, and I've only got a buck in cash on me.