FBHW Forums
Right now I'm.... - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Right now I'm.... (/showthread.php?tid=712)

Re: Right now I'm.... - airhornahole - 04-25-2009

I would like to watch the Tigers, but for some reason they dont' air the Detroit games in York. So, I'm stuck watching the Blackhawks / Flames game. :thumbdown:

Re: Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 04-25-2009

airhornahole Wrote:watching a rerun of NCIS.

I LOVE NCIS. McGee Probie is the BOMB!!

Queenie Wrote:
a-hole Wrote:watching a rerun of NCIS.

I LOVE NCIS. McGee Probie is the BOMB!!

That whole cast is great. I didn't like when they killed of the old director. The new guy does play the jerk boss part well.

trying to find my old avatar. FYI - NEVER google image "tranny with pig tails"

:thumbdown: Sick Sick Sick

Re: Right now I'm.... - -Jiggy- - 04-25-2009

[Image: pigtails.jpg]

airhornahole Wrote:trying to find my old avatar. FYI - NEVER google image "tranny with pig tails"

:thumbdown: Sick Sick Sick

I FOUND IT!!!

I'm happy.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

yes, it doesn't take much to make me happy these days.

-Jiggy- Wrote:[Image: pigtails.jpg]

I think we both found it at about the same time.

Thanks

Re: Right now I'm.... - potthole - 04-26-2009

Was working the door last night at the big afterparty for the skating competition. We rented out one half of a bar. A few drunk mingers who weren't with our group kept trying to get in, and would start to whine when they were told it was a private party. After being turned away twice they spent the rest of their time standing just outside of our area, glaring at us.

Some of the complaints I got from people at this party were so stupid...

The first group of people to arrive showed up about quarter to eight. They asked us if there would be food. We told them that we were providing free appetizers, which would start at 8:30, but if they were looking for "more" they were welcome to order food from the main menu. "So this place doesn't have any food?"

One lady came to me, "Do you allow smoking in bars here in Michigan?" I told her that some do, but mentioned that the half of the building we rented out is smoke free, so any smoke was drifting over from the other side. "Well, in California, where I'm from, we don't let people smoke in places like this." Really? Good for you. You're in Michigan, deal with it.

And of course there were a handful of people who got pissy that it was a cash bar. "You put this bracelet on me, and you mean to tell me it doesn't get me a free drink?" Nope, that bracelet is so the bouncer knows you don't need to be kicked out from our side of the building, and it's our way of counting how many people are here.

Then, perhaps best of all, was the woman who kept coming up to me, telling me somebody owed her money. "Hey, do you know where ____ is?" Sorry, I don't. "Well you make sure she knows she owes me money." Will do. Three times she approached me, looking for this person. And I honestly don't think she had been drinking.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Biff - 04-26-2009

What bar was this?

Re: Right now I'm.... - potthole - 04-26-2009

Taverrn on Kraft.

EDIT:

I should mention that none of this is due to the group that put together and organized the party. Everything on that end was done better than I could have done it. The stupidity I'm sharing is all from individuals who attended the event, and just couldn't appreciate what was being done for them.

Re: Right now I'm.... - peachs - 04-26-2009

watching the race, sorta, and thinking about grilling out tonight Smile

Re: Right now I'm.... - zdunklee - 04-26-2009

Wishing it would stop raining....I don't wanna do flood work all day tomorrow and if this rain keeps up that is all it will be... :thumbdown:

Re: Right now I'm.... - airhornahole - 04-26-2009

Watching the Drexel / Deleware lacrosse game. In other words, bored.

Re: Right now I'm.... - iceeaholic - 04-27-2009

Just enjoyed Top Gear Season 10. Off to work wondering why I don't wake up earlier and eat breakfast...

Re: Right now I'm.... - zdunklee - 04-27-2009

Headed to work knowing that with all the flooding from the rain that it will more than likely be a very long day today...

Re: Right now I'm.... - Rock Monster - 04-27-2009

Looking for a good deal on one of these:

[Image: 25308p_01.jpg]

Re: Right now I'm.... - mtwykstr - 04-27-2009

...checking my lottery ticket and thinking about all the money I almost had. instead I get a big fat ZERO! Cry
Friday's drawing ($155M, no winners): 9 20 21 48 49 07
My numbers: 10 18 22 48 49 08

ouch. I just felt like I needed to tell somebody. Now I suppose I should probably do some work, considering that's what they're paying me for.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Biff - 04-27-2009

mtwykstr Wrote:...checking my lottery ticket and thinking about all the money I almost had. instead I get a big fat ZERO! Cry
Friday's drawing ($155M, no winners): 9 20 21 48 49 07
My numbers: 10 18 22 48 49 08

ouch. I just felt like I needed to tell somebody. Now I suppose I should probably do some work, considering that's what they're paying me for.

Ouch indeed. That's called a cocktease.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Howie Feltersnatch - 04-27-2009

Right now I'm:

Trying to catch up after 2 weeks away from the office. The 7 hour furniture warehouse fire this morning didn't help things.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 04-27-2009

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Right now I'm:

Trying to catch up after 2 weeks away from the office. The 7 hour furniture warehouse fire this morning didn't help things.

I was wondering where you have been. I'm sure you posted it somewhere on here, but I didn't catch it. Glad to have you back!

Re: Right now I'm.... - Titan! - 04-27-2009

Getting ready to go pick up a pile of prints from Corporate Color, and then head to my final classes at GRCC.

The celebratory Guinness is in the fridge patiently waiting . . .

Re: Right now I'm.... - krystal - 04-27-2009

Psyching myself up to continue working. Yay . . .

Re: Right now I'm.... - peachs - 04-27-2009

vegging out at home.. sick feeling... Sad

Re: Right now I'm.... - mainerliser - 04-27-2009

Titan! Wrote:Getting ready to go pick up a pile of prints from Corporate Color, and then head to my final classes at GRCC.

Last classes!!!! So you are done?!! Congratulations!!! :clap: :thumbup: :clap: Big Grin :thumbup:

Stupidity should be noncompensable. YOU broke the rules. Why should you get paid for that? Stupid female.

krys Wrote:Stupidity should be noncompensable. YOU broke the rules. Why should you get paid for that? Stupid female.

huh? :?

I work for a lawyer. Some lawsuits are B.S. It annoys me immensely.

Have you ever heard of the stella awards?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.stellaawards.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stellaawards.com/</a><!-- m -->

You'll love (and by love, I mean hate) these people.

Rock Monster Wrote:Have you ever heard of the stella awards?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.stellaawards.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stellaawards.com/</a><!-- m -->

You'll love (and by love, I mean hate) these people.

I love it. A lot of what I work with I think is hilarious, but at the same time I get annoyed because I have to deal with the b.s. It's really a pity that it's illegal to talk about it, because some stories are meant to be shared.

I'm sure Queenie understands, as she has a similar (but more difficult) job.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 04-27-2009

The audacity of some people is truly astounding. I think that says it all.

Queenie Wrote:The audacity of some people is truly astounding. I think that says it all.

It truly is.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Opus - 04-27-2009

Studying for a certification so that I can start testifying in court cases.

Rock Monster Wrote:Looking for a good deal on one of these:

You ever check at Habitat for Humanity's Re-Store on Division ? I've seen a lot of different types of filing cabinets and various office furniture there, usually in reasonable condition for pretty good prices. I can't say that I've seen exactly what you're looking for there though.

mainerliser Wrote:
Titan! Wrote:Getting ready to go pick up a pile of prints from Corporate Color, and then head to my final classes at GRCC.

Last classes!!!! So you are done?!! Congratulations!!! :clap: :thumbup: :clap: Big Grin :thumbup:

In about 3 hours I'll be all done for the semester. There's one more class (Studio portraiture) that I might take but that's not until the fall.

Re: Right now I'm.... - linzi - 04-27-2009

...watching Dr. G, Medical Examiner. Very interesting show. Makes me wonder how I'm gonna die...

Re: Right now I'm.... - airhornahole - 04-27-2009

peachs Wrote:vegging out at home.. sick feeling... Sad

Swine flu! Swine flu! Swine flu!
Swine flu! Swine flu! Swine flu!

Quarantine the Peachs! :o

Hope you feel better soon.

Re: Right now I'm.... - airhornahole - 04-27-2009

Watching TV looking forward to the weekend.

airhornahole Wrote:Watching TV looking forward to the weekend.

Holy shit man, it's only Monday. You gotta find you a bright spot in your Tuesday or Wednesday

Titan! Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Looking for a good deal on one of these:

You ever check at Habitat for Humanity's Re-Store on Division ? I've seen a lot of different types of filing cabinets and various office furniture there, usually in reasonable condition for pretty good prices. I can't say that I've seen exactly what you're looking for there though.

I actually found one on craigslist that should be on my way home, for $300. They are around $1200 (and up) new.

Haven't looked there yet, but I may give it a try if things fall through. Thanks.

Re: Right now I'm.... - -Jiggy- - 04-27-2009

Trying to figure out why my dell is saying "Loading PBR for descriptor 2...done" when I turn it on and it won't boot to XP OS?