FBHW Forums
Right now I'm.... - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Right now I'm.... (/showthread.php?tid=712)

Re: Right now I'm.... - Howie Feltersnatch - 05-12-2009

Right now I'm:

sporting a super sore right elbow...all because i let some drunk challenge me to arm wrestling

Re: Right now I'm.... - potthole - 05-12-2009

potthole Wrote:Right now I'm...

...Feeling like the powers that be here at work are about to try to take a big preverbal dump on me.

Yup. Had a conversation with the boss this morning which just made this even more likely.

Long story short, there are two groups doing similar jobs- me and a team of four people. I'm way more effecient at getting the work done, I'm always slightly ahead of schedule and they are usually days behind it. So, my boss is taking one of the tasks that the team of people does, and is going to make me do it.

Now I won't be nearly as effecient, and will struggle to keep up on schedule, and the team of people will still remain behind schedule. Before there was only one thing that was 'broken' and now there will be two. Awesome.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Titan! - 05-12-2009

That sounds like the plot to a Dilbert cartoon.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Titan! - 05-12-2009

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Right now I'm:

sporting a super sore right elbow...all because i let some drunk challenge me to arm wrestling and I lost and had to give him a handy in the mens room

Try Ben Gay.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Howie Feltersnatch - 05-12-2009

Titan! Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Right now I'm:

sporting a super sore right elbow...all because i let some drunk challenge me to arm wrestling and I lost and had to give him a handy in the mens room

Try Ben Gay.

it's not the muscles it's the tendons/ligaments i think

Re: Right now I'm.... - zdunklee - 05-12-2009

potthole Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Right now I'm...

...Feeling like the powers that be here at work are about to try to take a big preverbal dump on me.

Yup. Had a conversation with the boss this morning which just made this even more likely.

Long story short, there are two groups doing similar jobs- me and a team of four people. I'm way more effecient at getting the work done, I'm always slightly ahead of schedule and they are usually days behind it. So, my boss is taking one of the tasks that the team of people does, and is going to make me do it.

Now I won't be nearly as effecient, and will struggle to keep up on schedule, and the team of people will still remain behind schedule. Before there was only one thing that was 'broken' and now there will be two. Awesome.

Confusedhock: That'll teach ya for being good at your job!

Re: Right now I'm.... - Torque - 05-12-2009

That happened to me only I requested more work because I was so bored. Now I'm doing 4 peoples' jobs and getting paid the same. I still have time to twiddle my thumbs sometimes while the others stand around talking for hours and whining about how they have too much work to do.

My only consolation is that I am formulating a plan to flip my life upside down while escaping the corporate world and getting closer to achieving the career I've always wanted. I will probably begin the adventure with only my car and the shirt on my back but doing what you love is priceless.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Philly Mike - 05-12-2009

Torque Wrote:That happened to me only I requested more work because I was so bored. Now I'm doing 4 peoples' jobs and getting paid the same. I still have time to twiddle my thumbs sometimes while the others stand around talking for hours and whining about how they have too much work to do.

My only consolation is that I am formulating a plan to flip my life upside down while escaping the corporate world and getting closer to achieving the career I've always wanted. I will probably begin the adventure with only my car and the shirt on my back but doing what you love is priceless.

so your dream is to be in your car only wearing your shirt.... and nothing else ??? sounds fun...

Re: Right now I'm.... - airhornahole - 05-12-2009

Watching NCIS. Drinking a rum and coke.

Re: Right now I'm.... - potthole - 05-12-2009

So, looks like I will be doing team photos for a Little League softball team that my friend coaches.

The league has a deal with a photographer, but his print packages are crap, and I'm able to offer better prices, so my friend is blowing off the league photographer and setting stuff up with me.

An example of a photo package offered by the league photographer is two 8x10's, four 5x7's, and three 3x5's... in and of itself that sounds ok. Then you realize that all prints are just of the team photo-- NO prints of the individual player. Seriously, who wants/needs NINE photos of the whole team?

Re: Right now I'm.... - 0rz0ski - 05-12-2009

potthole Wrote:Seriously, who wants/needs NINE photos of the whole team?

Pedophiles. Big Grin

Re: Right now I'm.... - plumpenut - 05-12-2009

watching my twins beat up on the tigers

Re: Right now I'm.... - Philly Mike - 05-12-2009

watching deadliest catch with my wife... ugh, it is basically a fishing show just on a bigger scale... shoot me, first american idol then this... I am glad i at least got to watch fringe tonight, awesome season ender.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Opus - 05-12-2009

Playing with the code of the board again. Let me know if you see weird stuff.

Re: Right now I'm.... - zdunklee - 05-12-2009

Opus Wrote:Playing with the code of the board again. Let me know if you see weird stuff.

I see philly mike. Is that weird enough for ya? :lol:

Re: Right now I'm.... - Ashleyme - 05-13-2009

Post #30,000 on the "I Can't Wait To Talk About..." forum

Re: Right now I'm.... - MissyT - 05-13-2009

I've got one, and that's the most I want.

Re: Right now I'm.... - potthole - 05-13-2009

Gonna be doin' some drinking tonight...

Re: Right now I'm.... - stopsign - 05-13-2009

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.twitter.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.twitter.com</a><!-- w -->

Re: Right now I'm.... - Opus - 05-13-2009

Playing in pool league playoffs tonight at the Break Room.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Mad Dog - 05-13-2009

Busier than crap cause my daughter is graduating, and I've been working on my ex-wifes house in preperation. Since she has congenital heart failure, she can't do very much of the physical stuff to help, and they have made a big mess. Plus my daughter has a bunch of awards cerimonys, bachlorete, oh, and the actual graduation to attend.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Titan! - 05-13-2009

potthole Wrote:Gonna be doin' some drinking tonight...

Well duh, it is Wednesday after all.

Any luck getting passes for Sunday ?

Re: Right now I'm.... - plungerhand - 05-13-2009

beat from pulling weeds all day. PLEASE let the economy get better ( I miss my old job). I have lost almost 20 lbs since April.

Re: Right now I'm.... - plumpenut - 05-13-2009

getting ready to go sing some karaoke

Re: Right now I'm.... - plungerhand - 05-13-2009

listening to Pop Evil's 100 in a 55 and laughing at the kids who are bathing our cat...

Re: Right now I'm.... - MissyT - 05-13-2009

Watching back episodes of Heroes. I missed it Smile

Re: Right now I'm.... - stopsign - 05-13-2009

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.twitter.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.twitter.com</a><!-- w -->

Re: Right now I'm.... - Opus - 05-13-2009

stopsign Wrote:http://www.twitter.com

Ok.. out of your 9 posts on this board, 2 of them have simply been a link. We get your joke.

If you want to participate in the board, thats great, but you don't need to post that kind of thing here.

Re: Right now I'm.... - zdunklee - 05-13-2009

Opus Wrote:

Ok.. out of your 9 posts on this board, 2 of them have simply been a link. We get your joke.

If you want to participate in the board, thats great, but you don't need to post that kind of thing here.

How is it a joke? I think stopsign is just too much of a stupid minger to be able to understand the point of this thread. Repeating yourself in two of your consecutive posts is really cool and not just annoying at all. :thumbdown:

Re: Right now I'm.... - Philly Mike - 05-14-2009

zdunklee Wrote:
Opus Wrote:

How is it a joke? I think stopsign is just too much of a stupid minger to be able to understand the point of this thread. Repeating yourself in two of your consecutive posts is really cool and not just annoying at all. :thumbdown:

I think it's trying to say this is like using twitter... that's the joke... i think, not really funny, but a joke. Now I know that my jokes aren't always funny, but i usually try not to post them more than once. or maybe the joke was the fact that it was trying to say that there are no intelligent people here because no one was giving a serious thought to the post about the book it made in the touchy subject.

Re: Right now I'm.... - mainerliser - 05-14-2009

I've never understood why someone would waste their time posting criticisms of a message board thread.....just don't participate. Nice life goal...piss off people on a message board! :roll:

Re: Right now I'm.... - MissyT - 05-14-2009

Taking my drama queen of a 5 year old daughter to school. Gotta love it.

misstiger10 Wrote:Taking my drama queen of a 5 year old daughter to school. Gotta love it.

lol i know the feeling, i just got done doing that myself.

Re: Right now I'm.... - stopsign - 05-14-2009

It's not a joke, if you used twitter you would only see the updates from the people you want to hear from, thus eliminating your need to check this thread. The entire point of that service is to make what you're trying to do in this thread better. Maybe you don't want to go through the trouble, and this is just a place for you to vent and if that's it then ok I get it. So, in conclusion...

most of the people here know of twitter, there is no need to constantly reinforce the point that you prefer it, this thread is mostly for BS anyway not just as a twitter substitute. I am on twitter and i know of at least 2 others here that tweet, but i still post here because its fun too, that plus we are not limited to 140 characters.

Re: Right now I'm.... - potthole - 05-14-2009

Titan! Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Gonna be doin' some drinking tonight...

Well duh, it is Wednesday after all.

Any luck getting passes for Sunday ?

Not only that, but this Wednesday was "one of those days." I'll be giving a call this afternoon to ask about passes.

Re: Right now I'm.... - potthole - 05-14-2009

stopsign Wrote:It's not a joke, if you used twitter you would only see the updates from the people you want to hear from, thus eliminating your need to check this thread. The entire point of that service is to make what you're trying to do in this thread better. Maybe you don't want to go through the trouble, and this is just a place for you to vent and if that's it then ok I get it. So, in conclusion...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.twitter.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.twitter.com</a><!-- m -->

Oh! So that's what Twitter is! All this time I had been avoiding that website because I thought it was some Goatse-esq type of page!

Seriously, if you think the thread is stupid, don't read it. Not that hard.

Re: Right now I'm.... - 0rz0ski - 05-14-2009

Right now I'm eating delicious yummy shrimp alfredo!

OOh! I just ate a little shrimp! Yum!

Right now I'm taking a drink of water! Refreshing!