FBHW Forums
Right now I'm.... - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Right now I'm.... (/showthread.php?tid=712)

Re: Right now I'm.... - plumpenut - 06-01-2009

Philly Mike Wrote:
Titan! Wrote:
plumpenut Wrote:Getting ready to go visit the captain at Zorbaz! :thumbup:

Tell your LARP friends that I said hi.
[Image: lightningbolt.jpg]

so glad I am the only one from st cloud on here regularly to back me up on zorbaz. Oh well. best I can do....http://www.zorbaz.com/

oh yeah and I will get the picture I took with captain morgan up here as well

Re: Right now I'm.... - plumpenut - 06-01-2009

Allyson Wrote:a little annoyed with the guys. They keep saying how the people on the messageboard keep whining about the new site. Well of course we were at first - they'd be pissed too if a site they used to enjoy for free now seemingly cost money to browse. Once that was cleared up the whining stopped (except for their new board which is still unacceptable). They act like the listeners were all irrational about being pissed about the new site, I think it was justified.

/rant

I agree with you about being a little annoyed. The one thing that they wont even acknowledge is that they took off the listener run message board. You have to be a vip to be part of their message board. That is the one thing that is different. I think the one thing that just bothers me is that they threw us to the side without an explanation. Maybe it is my fault for thinking they were different than other people. I will not be giving them the benefit of the doubt now. As for the new board, I dont really have to visit it anymore since this site is not linked.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Biff - 06-02-2009

Face it: we're the red headed step children of FBHW land.

Re: Right now I'm.... - boizalynne - 06-02-2009

plumpenut Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:a little annoyed with the guys. They keep saying how the people on the messageboard keep whining about the new site. Well of course we were at first - they'd be pissed too if a site they used to enjoy for free now seemingly cost money to browse. Once that was cleared up the whining stopped (except for their new board which is still unacceptable). They act like the listeners were all irrational about being pissed about the new site, I think it was justified.

/rant

I agree with you about being a little annoyed. The one thing that they wont even acknowledge is that they took off the listener run message board. You have to be a vip to be part of their message board. That is the one thing that is different. I think the one thing that just bothers me is that they threw us to the side without an explanation. Maybe it is my fault for thinking they were different than other people. I will not be giving them the benefit of the doubt now. As for the new board, I dont really have to visit it anymore since this site is not linked.
What a penis-breath thing to do!!!! I wasn't even aware that they had done this... See what happens when you sleep in? You miss the morning show and miss important information like this.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Titan! - 06-02-2009

admin Wrote:Face it: we're the red headed step children of FBHW land.

Yep.

F'ing Orangeville window licking 8 toed minger red headed step children of the FBHW Community.

And Damn Proud of it too.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Philly Mike - 06-02-2009

plumpenut Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:
Titan! Wrote:
plumpenut Wrote:Getting ready to go visit the captain at Zorbaz! :thumbup:

Tell your LARP friends that I said hi.

so glad I am the only one from st cloud on here regularly to back me up on zorbaz. Oh well. best I can do....http://www.zorbaz.com/

oh yeah and I will get the picture I took with captain morgan up here as well
err.... wow juzt love the way they zpell zo many thingz uzing the letter z.

hey now I am a nerd and I live with this. but nonetheless i feel the need to say this again ...

Re: Right now I'm.... - plungerhand - 06-02-2009

plungerhand Wrote:Beautiful day in the neighborhood!!! Made up with an old acquaintance( I went to church for the first time in 20 yrs, it wasn't a Catholic mass, but a new beginning), broke -200 lbs on the scales and dusted off the guitar.

My apologies for the vagueness of my post, I was simply caught up in the moment. Anybody who knows me, (which quite frankly, is nobody here, save one), and wants to condemn me for that....

Re: Right now I'm.... - mainerliser - 06-02-2009

plungerhand Wrote:
plungerhand Wrote:Beautiful day in the neighborhood!!! Made up with an old acquaintance( I went to church for the first time in 20 yrs, it wasn't a Catholic mass, but a new beginning), broke -200 lbs on the scales and dusted off the guitar.

My apologies for the vagueness of my post, I was simply caught up in the moment. Anybody who knows me, (which quite frankly, is nobody here, save one), and wants to condemn me for that....

What's up you Grumpy ol' Cuss?!

Re: Right now I'm.... - Allyson - 06-02-2009

plungerhand Wrote:

...did I miss something?

Re: Right now I'm.... - boizalynne - 06-02-2009

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJNyQfAprY[/youtube]

Right now I am thinking David Gilmore is the best guitarist ever....

Re: Right now I'm.... - Titan! - 06-02-2009

plungerhand Wrote:

you weigh -200 lbs ?

Re: Right now I'm.... - stopsign - 06-02-2009

plungerhand Wrote:

You didn't dust properly?

Re: Right now I'm.... - Mad Dog - 06-03-2009

plungerhand Wrote:

You went to C mass?

Re: Right now I'm.... - krystal - 06-03-2009

The air conditioning in my apartment broke. My apartment has no windows. Thank god I have a ceiling fan.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Philly Mike - 06-03-2009

boizalynne Wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJNyQfAprY[/youtube]

Right now I am thinking David Gilmore is the best guitarist ever....

That is possibly my favorite song of theirs. aside from the whole album of animals Smile

Re: Right now I'm.... - sunshyne - 06-03-2009

my central air conditioning is a window unit stuck into the wall in the stairwell of my house. Its centrally located. It doesn't do much to cool the house down, and its not even really summer yet Sad Old houses are sometimes not awesome.

Hope you get your AC fixed soon Krys.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Titan! - 06-03-2009

krys Wrote:The air conditioning in my apartment broke. My apartment has no windows. Thank god I have a ceiling fan.

How the hell do you live in an apartment with no windows ?

Re: Right now I'm.... - krystal - 06-03-2009

I live above a shop in downtown M'boro. The buildings on either side (and attached) to my building are taller than my building is, so automatically, no windows on those sides. There are five apartments, mine is in the middle. So, essentially, I live in a box surrounded by other buildings and rooms, something like this:

| |
| Bedroom/ |
| Living Room |
| |
| |
|______________ |
| closet | |
|_____________|____________ |

Re: Right now I'm.... - shawnp - 06-03-2009

Going to get a haircut.

Searching for crap to put on ebay.

Re: Right now I'm.... - zdunklee - 06-03-2009

Titan! Wrote:Searching for crap to put on ebay.

In a couple hours I might have some crap you can take for free. :evil:

Re: Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 06-03-2009

zdunklee Wrote:

In a couple hours I might have some crap you can take for free. :evil:

:lol: :thumbup:

Re: Right now I'm.... - mainerliser - 06-03-2009

You need money?!

mainerliser Wrote:

You need money?!

Well yeah, who doesn't ?

Re: Right now I'm.... - plungerhand - 06-03-2009

[Mad Dog]
You went to C mass?[/quote]

no, it was Baptist. I was born and raised Catholic. Went to the school and everything. Quite an experience. Between that and the Army, it could explain a lot of my issues. lol

I just got home from two hours of football practice with my son at the highschool. First I threw him the ball and he ran his wide reciver routes. Then he practiced his kick-offs which he was a little short today but he was averaging around 50 yards. Then we did a little linebacker practice and did 40 yards worth of down-ups. Then we both ran a mile. Then we ran more routes. Then to top it off we ran a stadium. I'm pooped and my legs feel like jello.

plungerhand Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:You went to C mass?

no, it was Baptist. I was born and raised Catholic. Went to the school and everything. Quite an experience. Between that and the Army, it could explain a lot of my issues. lol

Awww crap I read it wrong!! Catholic guilt eating you up eh?

Re: Right now I'm.... - potthole - 06-03-2009

Mad Dog Wrote:I'm pooped and my legs feel like jello.

I initially read this as, "I pooped and my legs feel like jello." I started laughing, then realized I misread the post. Then I started laughing more at how stupid I was to misread it.

Think that I will be getting a new ride tomorrow, finally. Will probably either be a brand new Focus, or pre-owned Fusion, depending on what we can get the best deal on. Like the Fusion better overall, but if we can get a brand new Focus for the same price, we'll probably go with that-- lower miles and a much better warranty would be a huge plus in such a situation.

We expect pics of your new ride ASAP

Drinking lots of water. I have an important phone call to make in the morning and need to be fully hydrated for it!!

Re: Right now I'm.... - hotzester - 06-03-2009

...wondering how coherent Queenie will be in the morning, after spending 6 hours in the powder room, peeing like a racehorse.

hotzester Wrote:...wondering how coherent Queenie will be in the morning, after spending 6 hours in the powder room, peeing like a racehorse.

:lol: :clap: :wave: :thumbup: Sad

Re: Right now I'm.... - zdunklee - 06-03-2009

hotzester Wrote:...wondering how coherent Queenie will be in the morning, after spending 6 hours in the powder room, peeing like a racehorse.

Hoping she is coherent enough.

Re: Right now I'm.... - 0rz0ski - 06-03-2009

I would like for Queenie to send me a couple cases of water.

Re: Right now I'm.... - 0rz0ski - 06-04-2009

I'm alone in the chatroom...

Re: Right now I'm.... - Titan! - 06-04-2009

Quite coherent apparantly. Coherent and a very good embassador of our lil community.

Re: Right now I'm.... - plungerhand - 06-04-2009

Mad Dog Wrote:
plungerhand Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:You went to C mass?

Awww crap I read it wrong!! Catholic guilt eating you up eh?

I have a truckload of guilt that has nothing to do with being Catholic. Just a point in my life where you realize, change is the answer. ( inspired by the Pres )

Only YOU, can prevent forrest fires...( smokey the bear )

Re: Right now I'm.... - potthole - 06-04-2009

FINALLY done with the car thing. Wound up getting an '06 Fusion.

Went to one dealer to look at a new Focus. We had met with a guy earlier in the week, told him our needs and our price range, and he felt pretty confident we could get a Focus that would fit both. He was busy with something when we got there, so he gave permission for somebody else to work with us. This guy must have tried to get some whenever he was on a first date, 'cuz he got things moving way too fast. No more did we sit down in his office, hoping to discuss a price, when he already started filling out the paperwork and had the shop take a car back to get it all cleaned up to take home. Without really letting us even try to negotiate a price, he came up with a figure-- too high. By a lot. The guy we had met with earlier in the week showed up and we told him what we were hoping to reach in price. He gave us the best price he said he could get us. Still too high. We got up and left. I'm sure both guys were pissed, but we're the ones in control here.

Headed over to another dealership, to meet with a guy I saw last night. I immediately cut to the chase and told him the max I'd be looking to spend was _____, and wanted to know if he could make it work. He crunched some numbers and the best he could offer was still more than we were willing to spend. I told him that those figures were still too high, but could understand if that was the absolute best he could do, and that if he would be willing to help us look at a used car, we would be able to find something that works. Looked at some of the Fusions, found one we liked, and were able to negotiate about $2000 from their asking price.

Then came the long part. Sat around for close to two hours while they got all the various paperwork put together. When all was said and done, between the two dealerships and stuff we were out for close to seven hours trying to get the car.

I'll try to get a photo tomorrow after work or something.

Re: Right now I'm.... - hotzester - 06-04-2009

Congrats on the new ride, Potthole!

Re: Right now I'm.... - potthole - 06-04-2009

Thanks... didn't really want to have to get one, but I guess it was sort of out of my control.

I was thinking about this a little bit over the past few days... how nuts is it that these days many of us find it so difficult to be a one car family? I'll bet that when our parents were kids, most families only had one car.