FBHW Forums
Right now I'm.... - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Right now I'm.... (/showthread.php?tid=712)

Re: Right now I'm.... - airhornahole - 06-18-2009

Waiting for the end of the week.

I get to go home and stay with my family.

Starting a new job in Florida soon.

Re: Right now I'm.... - mainerliser - 06-18-2009

potthole Wrote:Day One results from the mouse trap:

1 toad.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Right now I'm.... - potthole - 06-18-2009

It's a live trap, so I'm really hoping I don't happen to get a mouse and a toad at the same time. Something tells me the toad might not come out of that matchup very well, especially if they're both stuck in there for an extended period of time.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Biff - 06-18-2009

Glad Fistor is back!

Re: Right now I'm.... - Howie Feltersnatch - 06-18-2009

admin Wrote:Glad Fistor is back!

He is? where?

Re: Right now I'm.... - sunshyne - 06-18-2009

Potthole, I lived in a cabin at a state park I worked at for a few months. so did a mouse. I was trying to be all nice and bought the clear plastic "live traps", I had it set up for a week and a half and caught nothing. my husband (who was going to kill the mouse after it was caught anyway, finally had his first encounter with the mouse and said "damnit! i'm getting a real trap". He went to the store, bought the old fashioned snap traps, set it up with a little peanut butter, not even 30 minutes later we heard it snap, and caught the mouse. Your can try your live trap too, but I highly suggest just buying the other kind.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Philly Mike - 06-18-2009

Mad Dog Wrote:A written warning about the use of swear words. I hauled into the office and had the "youve been a baaad boy " chat.

It started when I had to go into the cabinet area and work. The guy that was blasting his country music, which is fine, but I'd rather listen to Free Beer and Hotwings. So I went down to the next work station and turned on that radio to what I wanted. Which by the way, in the past was a common practice, and it was basicly a radio free for all. Then I seen said dude go over to the Team Leader and what I heard is "Bla bla bla radio bla bla bla"

So after about three minutes, the guy thats the team leader comes over and turns my radio to the same country music the other guy is listening to, saying that It was giving everyone headaches and he walked away. I don't like country music unless I happen to be walking down Broadway in Nashville and walked over to turn it off. As I was turning off the radio I said to the radio, and not in a loud voice either, "This is Effing Bull Shit." But aparantly they over herad me.

When The Dude came over to work on his stuff by me I said "Hey Dude, Thanks alot, I appreciate it" After that they further became Big Babies and claimed they didn't have as much work as they thought so I left. Then they wrote me up. Then I had to go in the office and get the "Well we all have to act like professionals" speech, and sign my Swearing Ticket.

Hey I just realized I kinda got one of these tickets here :p

don't worry biff, I'm just playin :p

Re: Right now I'm.... - Howie Feltersnatch - 06-18-2009

Right now I'm:

Downloading Firefox (fuck IT) and excited over FIstor's return....very excited Confusedhifty:

Re: Right now I'm.... - potthole - 06-18-2009

sunshyne Wrote:Potthole, I lived in a cabin at a state park I worked at for a few months. so did a mouse. I was trying to be all nice and bought the clear plastic "live traps", I had it set up for a week and a half and caught nothing. my husband (who was going to kill the mouse after it was caught anyway, finally had his first encounter with the mouse and said "damnit! i'm getting a real trap". He went to the store, bought the old fashioned snap traps, set it up with a little peanut butter, not even 30 minutes later we heard it snap, and caught the mouse. Your can try your live trap too, but I highly suggest just buying the other kind.

If I could find a snap trap, or any "non-live trap" that could catch multiple mice, I'd be all over it. Only reason why I went with the live is because I think there might be more than one mouse, and the trap can catch multiples.

Nothing waiting for me when I got home. Makes me kind of worried they either are all nested up, waiting on babies, or that they actually breached the wall and are inside the house. At the same time, I haven't heard them moving around anymore, so maybe they just bailed on the place.

*Shrug*

I'll wait a couple more days, and if I don't hear anything or catch anything, just go ahead and seal the spot up, any mice inside be damned.

Re: Right now I'm.... - 0rz0ski - 06-18-2009

Stuffing envelopes with invites. Why isn't email acceptable etiquette?

Re: Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 06-18-2009

0rz0ski Wrote:Stuffing envelopes with invites. Why isn't email acceptable etiquette?

It is for me. :wave: (hint, hint)

Re: Right now I'm.... - Allyson - 06-18-2009

Potthole, you should try Creedocide:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8fkrq_creedocide_fun" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8fkrq_creedocide_fun</a><!-- m -->

Re: Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 06-18-2009

Watching Weeds. :thumbup:

Re: Right now I'm.... - 0rz0ski - 06-18-2009

Got 20 envelopes ready to be dropped off tomorrow. Halfway there I hope? I have no idea...just going through the list...

But right now I'm editing the pictures from WQLZ.

Re: Right now I'm.... - zdunklee - 06-18-2009

Allyson Wrote:Potthole, you should try Creedocide:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8fkrq_creedocide_fun" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8fkrq_creedocide_fun</a><!-- m -->

Holy Awesome, I want some!

Re: Right now I'm.... - Philly Mike - 06-19-2009

Right now I just went to give one of my hamsters fresh food and water just to see a couple of extra hamsters running around in the wheel.

Re: Right now I'm.... - mainerliser - 06-19-2009

zdunklee Wrote:

Holy Awesome, I want some!

That was great! Thanks Allyson!

Re: Right now I'm.... - 0rz0ski - 06-19-2009

Philly Mike Wrote:Right now I just went to give one of my hamsters fresh food and water just to see a couple of extra hamsters running around in the wheel.

Wait, what? Your hamsters cloned themselves?

Re: Right now I'm.... - krystal - 06-19-2009

I think this calls for something stronger than beer. I believe, if I can afford it, I shall buy rum on my way home today.

0rz0ski Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:Right now I just went to give one of my hamsters fresh food and water just to see a couple of extra hamsters running around in the wheel.

Wait, what? Your hamsters cloned themselves?

I originally had 2 robo hamsters in the same cage (you can keep 2 of the same gender in a cage, they can get along, no other hamsters really do that). Now when the store sold them to us we were told they were both male. about 4 weeks ago they started to fight a lot and one of them was backed away into one spot for most of the day so in order to help him we separated them and put him in a different cage because we thought they weren't getting along.

Well apparently the other one is female and she was getting really agressive because she had a liter of 4 sittining in her belly.

Re: Right now I'm.... - potthole - 06-19-2009

Looks like I need to send myself an e-mail to remember to watch this when I'm home from work.

Re: Right now I'm.... - boizalynne - 06-19-2009

Filling a Pinata!!!

watching mental. I find myself liking the show more and more with every episode.

Re: Right now I'm.... - -Jiggy- - 06-20-2009

Just got back from taking pics of my wife downtown. For a crappy point and shoot I was very pleased.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 06-21-2009

-Jiggy- Wrote:Just got back from taking pics of my wife downtown. For a crappy point and shoot I was very pleased.

Of course you would be, she is your wife!!

Re: Right now I'm.... - Allyson - 06-21-2009

about to break my foot off in someone's ass. Is it unreasonable to expect my significant other of three years to go to family functions with me? No? I didn't think so.

What the fuck.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Philly Mike - 06-21-2009

Allyson Wrote:about to break my foot off in someone's ass. Is it unreasonable to expect my significant other of three years to go to family functions with me? No? I didn't think so.

What the Eff.
You have good reason to be upset.

Since before my wife and I got married I was expected to be there, I usually didn't want to go but did so with knowledge that i was expected to.I was only with her for a year before we got married so before the end of our first year together I got that point lol.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Mad Dog - 06-21-2009

Allyson Wrote:about to break my foot off in someone's ass. Is it unreasonable to expect my significant other of three years to go to family functions with me? No? I didn't think so.

What the Eff.

Whats his reason for not wanting to go?

Re: Right now I'm.... - potthole - 06-21-2009

Crap, all that rain on Friday has resulted in a damp basement. It looks like some of the water came up through the floor, because some of the damp spots are in areas that aren't up against the foundation wall.

Wonder if a sump pump might be an option. Back when we bought the house I seem to remember our home inspector saying something about due to the age of the house a sump pump might not really do much, but maybe there's a place I can call to get a second opinion.

Re: Right now I'm.... - zdunklee - 06-21-2009

potthole Wrote:Crap, all that rain on Friday has resulted in a damp basement. It looks like some of the water came up through the floor, because some of the damp spots are in areas that aren't up against the foundation wall.

Wonder if a sump pump might be an option. Back when we bought the house I seem to remember our home inspector saying something about due to the age of the house a sump pump might not really do much, but maybe there's a place I can call to get a second opinion.

They could have also came from the foundation wall and followed a crack in the cement to the middle areas of the room. You would be suprised at how often that happens, especially in older houses.

As for a sump pump, it will only work so long as the foundation doesn't have holes in it where water gets in easily (which might be the case with your house by the sounds of it)

Re: Right now I'm.... - Philly Mike - 06-21-2009

zdunklee Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Crap, all that rain on Friday has resulted in a damp basement. It looks like some of the water came up through the floor, because some of the damp spots are in areas that aren't up against the foundation wall.

They could have also came from the foundation wall and followed a crack in the cement to the middle areas of the room. You would be suprised at how often that happens, especially in older houses.

As for a sump pump, it will only work so long as the foundation doesn't have holes in it where water gets in easily (which might be the case with your house by the sounds of it)

I agree with lee about the cracks in the cement thing. The bigest problem with that is the water and ants. You would be surprised at how many ant problems start in the foundation of houses

Re: Right now I'm.... - Allyson - 06-21-2009

Mad Dog Wrote:

What the Eff.

Whats his reason for not wanting to go?

He just doesn't want to. So I came back with you think I like your family? I'd rather shoot myself in the face than go to yours but I go anyway.

I won, he's coming.

zdunklee Wrote:They could have also came from the foundation wall and followed a crack in the cement to the middle areas of the room. You would be suprised at how often that happens, especially in older houses.

I was wondering about the possibility of a crack underneath some of the carpeted areas down there. The half of the basement without carpeting is in good shape, no evidence of any cracks, but who knows about under the carpet.

Was talking with my dad today, and he thinks that if (and I'm sure there will be) there is any sort of mold or other damage to the carpet that our homeowners should cover it.

Taking a look at stuff yesterday and today, I think a big issue is our gutters. They don't look like they are in a position where they catch a lot of the water coming off the roof, which is something I noticed when we had the crazy rain on Friday. The one problem is that it doesn't appear that I can really reposition the gutters, so I might have to look into replacing them. No idea what that might cost.

Re: Right now I'm.... - plungerhand - 06-21-2009

boring.... Have you seen my Iphone?

potthole Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:They could have also came from the foundation wall and followed a crack in the cement to the middle areas of the room. You would be suprised at how often that happens, especially in older houses.

I was wondering about the possibility of a crack underneath some of the carpeted areas down there. The half of the basement without carpeting is in good shape, no evidence of any cracks, but who knows about under the carpet.

Was talking with my dad today, and he thinks that if (and I'm sure there will be) there is any sort of mold or other damage to the carpet that our homeowners should cover it.

Taking a look at stuff yesterday and today, I think a big issue is our gutters. They don't look like they are in a position where they catch a lot of the water coming off the roof, which is something I noticed when we had the crazy rain on Friday. The one problem is that it doesn't appear that I can really reposition the gutters, so I might have to look into replacing them. No idea what that might cost.

Homeowners might cover it, but being the result of water it has been my experience that 90% of the time they won't because generally unless you pay extra flood insurance isn't standard, and in a lot of cases it isn't even available unless you live in a flood plain. It would be worth checking into however, cause you could get lucky and have them cover the damage.

Got some photos to help show why I think the gutters are a big problem.

These are what we have on probably 98% of the house:
[Image: 3649077566_9874311a4f.jpg]

Looking at them, I get the sense that it's very easy for rushing water from the room to just go right over the gutter.

On the other hand, something like this would be much better at catching water:
[Image: 3648271427_984513528a.jpg]

We've got one small stretch on the garage with this type of gutter. I'd be interested in finding out what it would cost to get something like this up on the rest of the house, becuase I think it would help out a lot.

potthole Wrote:Got some photos to help show why I think the gutters are a big problem.

These are what we have on probably 98% of the house:
[Image: 3649077566_9874311a4f.jpg]

Looking at them, I get the sense that it's very easy for rushing water from the room to just go right over the gutter.

On the other hand, something like this would be much better at catching water:
[Image: 3648271427_984513528a.jpg]

We've got one small stretch on the garage with this type of gutter. I'd be interested in finding out what it would cost to get something like this up on the rest of the house, becuase I think it would help out a lot.

I think you would be right, do those actually catch ANY water how they are positioned?

Re: Right now I'm.... - Titan! - 06-21-2009

True happening from this weekend.

Friday night after a ong photo shoot I go to a party at a friends house.

Much adult beverages consumed, poker played and a few pranks.

One of said pranks involved a friend taking my phone and texting the model that worked with me that day and giving her vaious innappropriate comments.

Fortunately the model was a good sport and has a good sense of humor .

I got back at him by stealing his phone and texting his ex-wife and telling her "Oh baby I'm so sorry about everything, it was all my fault. I think we should give it another try"

I think I won.

Re: Right now I'm.... - Philly Mike - 06-22-2009

Titan! Wrote:True happening from this weekend.

One of said pranks involved a friend taking my phone and texting the model that worked with me that day and giving her vaious innappropriate comments.

I got back at him by stealing his phone and texting his ex-wife and telling her "Oh baby I'm so sorry about everything, it was all my fault. I think we should give it another try"

I think I won.

wow... I am glad i am not your friend... or any of your friends are my friends.

Re: Right now I'm.... - plungerhand - 06-22-2009

Philly Mike Wrote:
Titan! Wrote:True happening from this weekend.

I think I won.

wow... I am glad i am not your friend... or any of your friends are my friends.

[drop]liar whore liar whore[/drop]

you just wish you had friends......( me too)