FBHW Forums
Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) (/showthread.php?tid=3358)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - 0rz0ski - 01-07-2010

It was the stupid fucker's fault anyway Q. You shoulda sped up to break his spine so he wouldn't do that shit again.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - sunshyne - 01-07-2010

when my cousin was in Nepal, she said that if you hit someone with a car and injure them, you have to pay them monthly the wages they would miss until they get better or for the rest of their lives (if they can't go back to work) BUT, if you hit them and kill them, you only have to pay their family 1 year wages. There were reports of people hitting people accidentally then purposefully hitting them again and killing them to get out paying for a long time.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-07-2010

Queenie Wrote:Still totally freaking out after hitting a pedestrian in downtown Nashville last night.

I left work and took my normal route. I got about 5 blocks into my drive and a man darted across the road in front of me. There was nothing I could have done to avoid hitting him. I was probably only going 10-15 mph, but still he hit my hood and went flying in the air. I don't think I have ever had anything that traumatic happen to me. I keep seeing him flying through the air and then laying there, lifeless. I thought I had killed him, and even though it was not my fault (3 witnesses at the scene said there was nothing I could have done) it doesn't matter. He ended up with a broken ankle and concussion. I had to wait at the scene for about 1:45 before they let me leave. We had to wait and see if his condition was life-threatening or not. He put a small dent in the hood of my car. I just can't get the vision out of my head. I'm still tripping. :wtf:

Side note for Nashvillians: It was at the corner of 4th and Charlotte by the new MTA bus depot.

I keep waiting to see this one morning on my way to work. I have to cross a major downtown street and there are people who are always in too big of a hurry to use a crosswalk and just go running out between cars.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - mainerliser - 01-07-2010

So sorry Queenie!

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - plumpenut - 01-07-2010

though of Allyson today when I delievered a package to a micheal trapp

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Biff - 01-07-2010

potthole Wrote:I keep waiting to see this one morning on my way to work. I have to cross a major downtown street and there are people who are always in too big of a hurry to use a crosswalk and just go running out between cars.

I was walking my kids in the double stroller and had the right away when someone turning right was fumbling with something in the passenger seat came about 2 feet from hitting us. If I hadn't had my wits about me and ran out of the way I would have been hit and the stroller would have been rolling freely into a major intersection.

People suck.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-08-2010

Biff Wrote:I was walking my kids in the double stroller and had the right away when someone turning right was fumbling with something in the passenger seat came about 2 feet from hitting us. If I hadn't had my wits about me and ran out of the way I would have been hit and the stroller would have been rolling freely into a major intersection.

People suck.

Last week when I was crossing the street some lady came blowing through her red light, just in front of me. Probably didn't check her rearview mirrors, but if she did, she'd have seen two nice big middle fingers.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - plumpenut - 01-09-2010

Biff Wrote:
potthole Wrote:I keep waiting to see this one morning on my way to work. I have to cross a major downtown street and there are people who are always in too big of a hurry to use a crosswalk and just go running out between cars.

I was walking my kids in the double stroller and had the right away when someone turning right was fumbling with something in the passenger seat came about 2 feet from hitting us. If I hadn't had my wits about me and ran out of the way I would have been hit and the stroller would have been rolling freely into a major intersection.

People suck.

I think the key words are double stroller. You nearly had it coming Tongue

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Biff - 01-09-2010

plumpenut Wrote:I think the key words are double stroller. You nearly had it coming Tongue

I have twins, moron.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Mad Dog - 01-09-2010

plumpenut Wrote:
Biff Wrote:

People suck.

I think the key words are double stroller. You nearly had it coming Tongue

Ummmmm. What did you mean by this Plumpy?

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - zdunklee - 01-10-2010

Fuck this weather...no seriously:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://fuckthisweather.kerplow.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fuckthisweather.kerplow.com/</a><!-- m -->

NOT SAFE FOR WORK!!!

I also found this very important and safe for work Zombie Bite Calculator...how long will you live once infected?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://theoatmeal.com/quiz/zombie_bite" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://theoatmeal.com/quiz/zombie_bite</a><!-- m -->

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-10-2010

Went to my first Michigan basketball game today. Had fun, but it wasn't really cool watching them blow a 17 point lead en route to a loss.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - zdunklee - 01-11-2010

Note to self...don't try and mug this guy:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mis/1539838256.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mis/1539838256.html</a><!-- m -->

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-12-2010

On my drive home from work today I stopped at a grocery store near my house. To get there I had to take a Michigan Left. Right as I started to pull out of the "left" turn lane, some old fart in a minivan came blowing around past me, cutting me off and causing me to slam on the brakes. I honked at him and did the "WTF?" shrug.

Upon parking at the grocery store I saw he also was in the same parking lot... trying to park in a non-existent parking spot. As I was walking past his van he rolled down his window. "What's your problem?!" he asked. "You drive really well," I replied. "Yes, I do!" he said. I shook my head and kept walking into the store. Suddenly, from the passenger side of the van I hear a window rolling down. It's wife. "You need to go back to school!"

All I could do was start to laugh, give a thumbs up, and complete my walk into the store.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Mad Dog - 01-12-2010

potthole Wrote:On my drive home from work today I stopped at a grocery store near my house. To get there I had to take a Michigan Left. Right as I started to pull out of the "left" turn lane, some old fart in a minivan came blowing around past me, cutting me off and causing me to slam on the brakes. I honked at him and did the "WTF?" shrug.

Upon parking at the grocery store I saw he also was in the same parking lot... trying to park in a non-existent parking spot. As I was walking past his van he rolled down his window. "What's your problem?!" he asked. "You drive really well," I replied. "Yes, I do!" he said. I shook my head and kept walking into the store. Suddenly, from the passenger side of the van I hear a window rolling down. It's wife. "You need to go back to school!"

All I could do was start to laugh, give a thumbs up, and complete my walk into the store.

To bad you didn't go break his fucking window's

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-12-2010

I was P.O.'ed, but at the same time didn't really want to make a huge scene.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Biff - 01-12-2010

Too bad your filterless friend Biff wasn't there.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Queenie - 01-13-2010

Just finished checking out the new videos at FB&HW.com. I'm not sure if ya'll have seen this one, but it extremely interesting:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.viddix.com/watch/4b4c8ff13e5ee/dolphins/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.viddix.com/watch/4b4c8ff13e5ee/dolphins/</a><!-- m -->

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-13-2010

Biff Wrote:Too bad your filterless friend Biff wasn't there.

I told the story to my wife, and she said it was a good thing she wasn't there. She had had a crummy day at work, and would've snapped at geezer and his wife.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - krystal - 01-13-2010

potthole Wrote:
Biff Wrote:Too bad your filterless friend Biff wasn't there.

I told the story to my wife, and she said it was a good thing she wasn't there. She had had a crummy day at work, and would've snapped at geezer and his wife.

Even with my dislike for confrontations I would've called that guy a fuckface. His wife, too.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - krystal - 01-13-2010

Telling all of the Michiginians to go to the Cowboy Mouth show in Detroit on 2/5.

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cowboymouth.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.cowboymouth.com</a><!-- w -->

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - zdunklee - 01-13-2010

Funnier than I expected....here is 25 eggs with faces drawn on them...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.holytaco.com/25-egg-sharpie-faces" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.holytaco.com/25-egg-sharpie-faces</a><!-- m -->

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-14-2010

...hoping that Norman Camera will have some D300S camera bodies in stock in about two weeks.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Queenie - 01-14-2010

zdunklee Wrote:Funnier than I expected....here is 25 eggs with faces drawn on them...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.holytaco.com/25-egg-sharpie-faces" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.holytaco.com/25-egg-sharpie-faces</a><!-- m -->

They are funny, but the comments below them are freakin hilarious!!

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Titan! - 01-14-2010

potthole Wrote:...hoping that Norman Camera will have some D300S camera bodies in stock in about two weeks.

Keep your D50 body as a back up.

What's the "s" got over the regular model ?

(yes I know I could look it up myself, but it's been awhile since I've had a good ole photog geek down)

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - landmammaldolphin - 01-14-2010

Drinking coffee, pretending to work and waiting to hear how Huge reacts to the "War" that has been declared in Grand Rapids by the local newspaper.

Listening to the podcast of today's show

That's right bitches I'm a VIP now

And wow. Name that Blank was awesome today

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-14-2010

Titan! Wrote:Keep your D50 body as a back up.

(yes I know I could look it up myself, but it's been awhile since I've had a good ole photog geek down)

HD video, not really a big selling point to me, but it's new. Live View, which again is just sort of ho-hum to me. Quiet Mode, which sounds interesting- basically when it's turned on the shutter noise is much less noticable. A real nice addition is dual memory card slots (one CF and one SD), and the ability to copy a photo to both at once, or start on one and bleed over to the other when the first one is full. Nikon states the S has faster Autofocus than the original. There's also dedicated info button, which reviewers are going nuts about- I guess with this it's possible to basically shoot photos with only one hand on the camera.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - zdunklee - 01-14-2010

[Image: tumblr_kw85ncU4Mk1qzvqip]

potthole Wrote:
Titan! Wrote:Keep your D50 body as a back up.

HD video, not really a big selling point to me, but it's new. Live View, which again is just sort of ho-hum to me. Quiet Mode, which sounds interesting- basically when it's turned on the shutter noise is much less noticable. A real nice addition is dual memory card slots (one CF and one SD), and the ability to copy a photo to both at once, or start on one and bleed over to the other when the first one is full. Nikon states the S has faster Autofocus than the original. There's also dedicated info button, which reviewers are going nuts about- I guess with this it's possible to basically shoot photos with only one hand on the camera.

I'll assume it's got a faster FPS too ?

Shoot with 1 hand ? whaaaa ???

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-15-2010

Titan! Wrote:I'll assume it's got a faster FPS too ?

It'll shoot 7 FPS right out of the box, and 8 if you get the special Nikon grip and a special battery. I think that's the same as the 'old' D300, but I've seen some reviews that say the 'old' one only shot 5 FPS out of the box.

From what I understand about the Info Button, it basically gives you the ability to change most of your shooting settings with just your right hand, via a menu that it accesses. Basically, that means if you're holding the camera in just your right hand, in theory you can change everything you need with just that hand, and since your shutter button is in the right hand as well, there ya go.

In other photography related stuff, I really hope that Aeromed will land at the hospital sometime next week while I'm at work, because I think I would be able to get a really cool photo.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Allyson - 01-15-2010

...wishing I could regurgitate my brownies so i can eat them again. So good, so good.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - krystal - 01-15-2010

Allyson Wrote:...wishing I could regurgitate my brownies so i can eat them again. So good, so good.

That's both disturbing and disgusting.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - plungerhand - 01-15-2010

Allyson Wrote:...wishing I could regurgitate my brownies so i can eat them again. So good, so good.
I would pay to see that...

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Mad Dog - 01-15-2010

plungerhand Wrote:
I would pay to see that...

Not me. Sick

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - zdunklee - 01-16-2010

[Image: tumblr_kw9ucmlHWo1qzpwi0o1_500.gif]

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Titan! - 01-16-2010

potthole Wrote:
Titan! Wrote:I'll assume it's got a faster FPS too ?

It'll shoot 7 FPS right out of the box, and 8 if you get the special Nikon grip and a special battery. I think that's the same as the 'old' D300, but I've seen some reviews that say the 'old' one only shot 5 FPS out of the box.

From what I understand about the Info Button, it basically gives you the ability to change most of your shooting settings with just your right hand, via a menu that it accesses. Basically, that means if you're holding the camera in just your right hand, in theory you can change everything you need with just that hand, and since your shutter button is in the right hand as well, there ya go.

In other photography related stuff, I really hope that Aeromed will land at the hospital sometime next week while I'm at work, because I think I would be able to get a really cool photo.

One of my first days at GRCC about 2 years ago, the U of M mdeical helicopter flew overhead and landed downtown, that was pretty cool, it has the same paint scheme as the football helmets. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me.

7/8 fps is pretty fast, especially when compared to the 3 you've got now.

Theoretically I have a fund set aside to buy a D3, but by the time the fund is large enough i'll probably be able to buy a D5

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Titan! - 01-16-2010

May I humbly suggest making a second pan ?

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Mad Dog - 01-16-2010

Titan! Wrote:

May I humbly suggest making a second pan ?

I think ideally she would like to enjoy the flavor twice with only the original amount of calories.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - sunshyne - 01-16-2010

...sad, my poor puppy had a cut on her ear so I took her to the vet where they had to re-cut and stitch together her ear. She keeps flopping her head side to side and when I went to pick her up at the vets this morning she had flopped the bandage right off. She started bleeding like a stuck pig. We finally got her bandaged up again and I took her home. When I got to my house and let her out of the car she shook her head before I could stop her. Bandage came off and blood EVERYWHERE. It looks like a damn massacre outside my house. I tied her to the fence and went inside to get something to bandage her up with. I had a brilliant idea of a sock. I wrapped her head up with fresh gauze, then shoved her face in a (clean) sock and cut off the toe. It works. she looks stupid as heck, but at least I won't end up looking like an extra in a bloodbath movie. I'll take a picture later and post. Poor little Piper Sad