FBHW Forums
Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) (/showthread.php?tid=3358)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-16-2010

Titan! Wrote:One of my first days at GRCC about 2 years ago, the U of M mdeical helicopter flew overhead and landed downtown, that was pretty cool, it has the same paint scheme as the football helmets. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me.

7/8 fps is pretty fast, especially when compared to the 3 you've got now.

Theoretically I have a fund set aside to buy a D3, but by the time the fund is large enough i'll probably be able to buy a D5

Aeromed's helipad is basically right on top of me at my new job, it's quite an experience when it lands. There is a slight rumble you can feel in the building as it's hovering overhead and coming down. If I look out the window I can see a pretty clear reflection of it in the glass of the new children's hospital, which would make a really cool picture.

The 7 FPS is going to blow my mind, my D50 was only doing 2.5. Needless to say, once I get it, I will find myself very impatient waiting for a baseball game.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Titan! - 01-16-2010

there's winter sports. you know, hockey and ... that one with the guys and the ball.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-17-2010

Yeah, I'll make my way out to a basketball game, and if they do the Rail Jam I'll be sure to get down there, but because I've shot so much baseball, that's when I'll really be able to see and understand a true comparison about how much better the new camera is.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - 0rz0ski - 01-18-2010

Amazed at the chatroom today. It's like two ships passing in the night.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - sunshyne - 01-19-2010

Laughing out loud...... my cat snores Big Grin

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - landmammaldolphin - 01-20-2010

Just got done watching this cool video about white deer in Wisconsin:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pbs.org:80/wgbh/pages/frontline/video/flv/generic.html?s=inwi10s22a3q81f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pbs.org:80/wgbh/pages/frontl ... 0s22a3q81f</a><!-- m -->

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-20-2010

Chopper landed today, but I wasn't able to get a good angle for the photo I want to get. Headwinds were going in the wrong direction, causing it to land from a different approach.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Queenie - 01-20-2010

Wishing Howie was here so we could wish him a happy 27th birthday.

WE MISS YOU HOWIE!!!

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - krystal - 01-20-2010

Tell him 'Happy Birthday' on facebook.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-20-2010

Yay for practing helicopter landings for 20 minutes this afternoon! Got the photos I was hoping for!

[Image: 4290888513_dc63606bb6_o.jpg]

[Image: 4291628138_39e83e00ee_o.jpg]

[Image: 4291626892_40538486f9_o.jpg]

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Queenie - 01-20-2010

krystal Wrote:Tell him 'Happy Birthday' on facebook.

If only the OM hadn't blocked it for support staff workers at my office . . . I'll have to do it when I get home. Sad

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Mad Dog - 01-22-2010

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any job openings... Just got fired today... Sad

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Double-Wrapped Bread - 01-22-2010

Right now I'm.... New to the FBHW forums! Big Grin

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Biff - 01-22-2010

Double-Wrapped Bread Wrote:Right now I'm.... New to the FBHW forums! Big Grin

Welcome! :thumbup:

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-22-2010

Yeah, welcome!

MD, sorry to hear about the job situation.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - plumpenut - 01-23-2010

Trying to figure out how I am going to sleep tonight. Super pumped about the Vikes game tomorrow!

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - zdunklee - 01-23-2010

plumpenut Wrote:Trying to figure out how I am going to sleep tonight. Super pumped about the Vikes game tomorrow!

GO SAINTS!!!

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Double-Wrapped Bread - 01-24-2010

Right now I'm watching The Office on Netflix while posting on this board. I love that show.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Biff - 01-24-2010

Getting used to not having a beard again. The hair is back to "high and tight" and the face is clean.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Philly Mike - 01-25-2010

Right now I am tired but can't go to sleep... fucking pain pills with their tiredness and drug induced insomnia...

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - 0rz0ski - 01-25-2010

How's it going?

Right now I'm debating taking a nap on my keyboard.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Queenie - 01-25-2010

Had a pretty effed up weekend. Had a dentist visit on Friday and got bad news (surgery this coming Friday), knee went out on me again, but I found my brace, aaaaaaand I think I have strep-throat. WTF??!! Can somebody get rid of the black cloud that is following me?? :wtf:

[drop]That's awesome!![/drop]

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - -Jiggy- - 01-25-2010

Working a temp job ripping out water damaged drywall and carpet. Sprinkler lines froze. Yes gets cold in Arkansas too Michiganders.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Biff - 01-25-2010

Hey JIGGY! :clap:

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - zdunklee - 01-25-2010

-Jiggy- Wrote:Working a temp job ripping out water damaged drywall and carpet. Sprinkler lines froze. Yes gets cold in Arkansas too Michiganders.

^Who is this guy?

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-25-2010

Gettin' my new camera tomorrow!

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Mad Dog - 01-25-2010

Well I got my resume in at Michigan Works so I can get unemployment this morning. And I got my resume all printed out, plus I wrote five applications befor I called it a day. Tomorrow is another day....

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - plumpenut - 01-25-2010

Queenie Wrote:Had a pretty effed up weekend. Had a dentist visit on Friday and got bad news (surgery this coming Friday), knee went out on me again, but I found my brace, aaaaaaand I think I have strep-throat. WTF??!! Can somebody get rid of the black cloud that is following me?? :wtf:

I think that black cloud is hanging over me. A dark day in vikingland Sad

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - zdunklee - 01-25-2010

plumpenut Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Had a pretty effed up weekend. Had a dentist visit on Friday and got bad news (surgery this coming Friday), knee went out on me again, but I found my brace, aaaaaaand I think I have strep-throat. WTF??!! Can somebody get rid of the black cloud that is following me?? :wtf:

I think that black cloud is hanging over me. A dark day in vikingland Sad

WHO DAT?

I just had to....sorry but the Saints are my second favorite team besides the Lions

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - -Jiggy- - 01-26-2010

zdunklee Wrote:
-Jiggy- Wrote:Working a temp job ripping out water damaged drywall and carpet. Sprinkler lines froze. Yes gets cold in Arkansas too Michiganders.

^Who is this guy?

Bastard!

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - sunshyne - 01-26-2010

...Going to tell you a funny/stupid thing I did the other day.

My elderly landlord is away for a couple weeks so I am taking care of his cat and watering the plants in his greenhouse. He lives across the street from me, so its no trouble, I just get ready for work and on my way out I feed and water. Well, the other day, it was pouring down rain, like 40 days and nights amount of rain. So I put on my golashes and grab the umbrella, trudge through the stream and mud that was once a street to go and feed the cat. I'm already running late for work, which normally takes me 45min - 1 hour to get to, traffic will be bad because of the rain too, so I rush back home grab my purse, lock the door and head to work.... I get about a block from work and realize... I was still wearing my galoshes :crazy: .

I had to wear them all day, I didn't have anything else to put on. Now I have a spare pair of shoes at work. Just in case.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Biff - 01-26-2010

...........scratching my head because my friend's 70 something year old stoner mom just chewed me out on Facebook for having a countdown to when Obama is out of office! :lol:

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-26-2010

Right now I'm very happy with the new camera. The test photos I took this evening look great, and I'll be giving it a test-run at a basketball game tomorrow evening. So many new buttons to learn about...

Biff Wrote:...........scratching my head because my friend's 70 something year old stoner mom just chewed me out on Facebook for having a countdown to when Obama is out of office! :lol:

Wonder if it's the same geezer that yelled at me in the Family Fare parking lot.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Biff - 01-26-2010

potthole Wrote:
Biff Wrote:...........scratching my head because my friend's 70 something year old stoner mom just chewed me out on Facebook for having a countdown to when Obama is out of office! :lol:

Wonder if it's the same geezer that yelled at me in the Family Fare parking lot.

Ha! No this is my friend's mom. She is a real life burn out from the 60's.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - zdunklee - 01-27-2010

-Jiggy- Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:

^Who is this guy?

Bastard!

HAHA! Welcome back Jiggy! :wave:

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Titan! - 01-27-2010

Congrats on the new camera Potty !

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - potthole - 01-27-2010

Thanks! The better quality photos it'l help produce will be a big thing for me as I hope to grow the business this year.

One huge improvement I've been able to notice already is with the AF-- my old camera had a really difficult time trying to focus on my cats. I think it had issues with depth perception on them, due to their dark black fur. The new camera had no problems at all with that. I'm planning to head out to a basketball game tonight to really give it a test-drive.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - -Jiggy- - 01-27-2010

zdunklee Wrote:
-Jiggy- Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:

^Who is this guy?

Bastard!

HAHA! Welcome back Jiggy! :wave:

It almost feels like I never left. Wink

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - Biff - 01-27-2010

...........behaving oddly in the chat room.

Re: Right Now I'm........... (part deux) - 0rz0ski - 01-27-2010

They're giving away beer, wine, and hot coco upstairs. :o