FBHW Forums
Right now I'm.... - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Right now I'm.... (/showthread.php?tid=712)

Right now I'm.... - sunshyne - 11-19-2008

I got the worst case of poison ivy my doctor had ever seen a couple months ago. I cried i itched so bad, and still have scars from the blisters. I had never gotten it before, ever. and i've been camping and tromping through the woods since I was little.

Its a really little yard actually, and I have no money to hire anyone, sorry Plungee. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to afford a refrigerator. And hopefully be able to get a christmas tree too. Sad

Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 11-19-2008

sunshyne Wrote:Its a really little yard actually, and I have no money to hire anyone, sorry Plungee. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to afford a refrigerator. And hopefully be able to get a christmas tree too. Sad

DAMMIT!! We just gave our old one at my office to Goodwill. You have to let us know this stuff earlier!! Sorry Sunshyne, I'll keep my ears open for you on both.

okay, thanks! I thought I had a fake tree, but my husband said it had broke last year. I guess I see when we finally dig stuff out of storage. This new (old) house is big, it will be nice to be able to see furniture and things that have been in our storage unit for over a year. I've forgotten about even owning some of the stuff. As far as the fridge goes, my husband has coupons and a couple of gift cards ($25.00) for Lowes, they have a cheap Energy Star rated fridge with an icemaker that we are going to try and buy.

Right now I'm.... - linzi - 11-19-2008

wishing for better luck. If anything effs up, it always happens around the holidays. That's what happens with me. I can guarantee something will happen that takes a bite out of our finances. Tires, hot water heater, stove, something will happen, just like every other year. Stupid murphys law.........I've got to start shopping soon and I know so as I do it will happen......

Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 11-19-2008

your momma Wrote:wishing for better luck. If anything effs up, it always happens around the holidays. That's what happens with me. I can guarantee something will happen that takes a bite out of our finances. Tires, hot water heater, stove, something will happen, just like every other year. Stupid murphys law.........I've got to start shopping soon and I know so as I do it will happen......

No no no!!! You can claim anything you want, so why not claim good instead of bad. You claim that there will not be a financial disaster to happen this year during the holidays, and that everything will go smooth. God will supply you what is necessary, but the devil will pop up if you request for him to. Keep your thoughts positive!!!

Right now I'm.... - lokizilla - 11-22-2008

I"m going to take my 2nd nap of the day./

Right now I'm.... - potthole - 11-22-2008

3 beers into the UM/OSU game, with hotdogs 4, 5 and 6 on the grill. Go blue!

Right now I'm.... - lokizilla - 11-22-2008

up from my 2nd nap a day. I know, I know.....

Right now I'm.... - fustercluck - 11-22-2008

Please of the outcome of the scUM and tOSU game. Buckeyes gave me a scare in the first half, but looked great in the 2nd.

Right now I'm.... - linzi - 11-22-2008

listening to my girls tell me the best part of their day. wanting to go to bed but i need to get some cleaning done. need to get off the damn computer...................................

Right now I'm.... - Mad Dog - 11-22-2008

Waiting for my son to get home with my car.

Right now I'm.... - Allyson - 11-22-2008

Debating the ethics of wanting an engagement ring.

Right now I'm.... - Mad Dog - 11-23-2008

Allyson Wrote:Debating the ethics of wanting an engagement ring.

What is unethical about a girl wanting an engagement ring? If you only want it because it's big, expensive and pretty well that could be a problem. But if you don't care if it is expensive or not, you are really wanting to find out how serious your man is about wanting to marry you. Nothing wrong with that.

Right now I'm.... - fetusfacedwindbag - 11-24-2008

They're shiny, what's not to want?

Right now I'm.... - Howie Feltersnatch - 11-24-2008

fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:

They're shiny, what's not to want?

my wife didn't want one.

we got both of our bands for like $250...mine is a cheapish Ti band, and hers was white gold.

we did a courthouse gig, with no reception. I'd say with the running around, getting her name changed and new license, courthouse wedding, marriage license, and rings we spent $500 or so and 1 day off work

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:They're shiny, what's not to want?

my wife didn't want one.

we got both of our bands for like $250...mine is a cheapish Ti band, and hers was white gold.

we did a courthouse gig, with no reception. I'd say with the running around, getting her name changed and new license, courthouse wedding, marriage license, and rings we spent $500 or so and 1 day off work

It's really a great idea. I was with a girl for seven years. When we got engaged, I spent over $5K on her ring. Now the ring is sitting in my nightstand and not on her finger. :'(

Right now I'm.... - plungerhand - 11-24-2008

fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:my wife didn't want one.

It's really a great idea. I was with a girl for seven years. When we got engaged, I spent over $5K on her ring. Now the ring is sitting in my nightstand and not on her finger. :'(

At least she didn't " lose it" or pawn it for dope....

I'm with Howie. I have been to enough weddings to see that I didn't want one. There is nothing wrong with courthouse or small chapel weddings. Save your boyfriend's cash...I may need to borrow it.

Right now I'm.... - 0rz0ski - 11-24-2008

I love my ring! It's shiny and sparkly. ;D

Right now I'm.... - potthole - 11-24-2008

fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:my wife didn't want one.

If it's still a sore spot for you, I understand if you don't want to answer, but how long ago did this happen?

potthole Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:It's really a great idea. I was with a girl for seven years. When we got engaged, I spent over $5K on her ring. Now the ring is sitting in my nightstand and not on her finger. :'(

If it's still a sore spot for you, I understand if you don't want to answer, but how long ago did this happen?

About six or seven months ago. Why? Wondering why I haven't sold it yet?

Right now I'm.... - potthole - 11-24-2008

Yeah, that was going to be my next question. If it was less than a year ago, as it is, I can see why you wouldn't have sold it yet.

Sort of related, but only loosely, was when I was about to get engaged. A few days before I went to make my last payment on the ring, I came home one night to find a shoebox that was left by an old girlfriend of mine. Inside was a piece of jewelry that I had gotten her for a Christmas gift back when we were dating- three years prior. The very next day I took that sucker to the jeweler, and sold it to them, which then allowed me to pay off the rest of the engagement ring.

potthole Wrote:Yeah, that was going to be my next question. If it was less than a year ago, as it is, I can see why you wouldn't have sold it yet.

Sort of related, but only loosely, was when I was about to get engaged. A few days before I went to make my last payment on the ring, I came home one night to find a shoebox that was left by an old girlfriend of mine. Inside was a piece of jewelry that I had gotten her for a Christmas gift back when we were dating- three years prior. The very next day I took that sucker to the jeweler, and sold it to them, which then allowed me to pay off the rest of the engagement ring.

Yeah. It's been several months, but we've been talking a little bit for the past couple. It's tough to let someone go that you've been with for that long, even if times have been tough. I did a really dickish thing with the ring though at one point. I put it on graigslist with a pretty funny ad attached to it, and then I sent her the link. What can I say, I was mad. I didn't just do it to be mean though in my defense. I fully planned on selling the ring.

And if I sell it, it will immediately go to the down payment fund.

fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Yeah, that was going to be my next question. If it was less than a year ago, as it is, I can see why you wouldn't have sold it yet.

Yeah. It's been several months, but we've been talking a little bit for the past couple. It's tough to let someone go that you've been with for that long, even if times have been tough. I did a really dickish thing with the ring though at one point. I put it on graigslist with a pretty funny ad attached to it, and then I sent her the link. What can I say, I was mad. I didn't just do it to be mean though in my defense. I fully planned on selling the ring.

link to craigslist? Big Grin

fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Yeah. It's been several months, but we've been talking a little bit for the past couple. It's tough to let someone go that you've been with for that long, even if times have been tough. I did a really dickish thing with the ring though at one point. I put it on graigslist with a pretty funny ad attached to it, and then I sent her the link. What can I say, I was mad. I didn't just do it to be mean though in my defense. I fully planned on selling the ring.

link to craigslist? Big Grin

Is it funny that I sent the link? Or that I spelled it wrong?

fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:link to craigslist? Big Grin

Is it funny that I sent the link? Or that I spelled it wrong?

i didn't notice the typo, i wanted to see the ad :-X

fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Is it funny that I sent the link? Or that I spelled it wrong?

i didn't notice the typo, i wanted to see the ad :-X

Oh! It's long expired by now. This was a couple months ago. If I had it still, I would def post it.

Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 11-24-2008

Eating lasagna I made yesterday.

Right now I'm.... - shawnp - 11-24-2008

Watching the news on my day off....

Not pleased with the winter weather I get to drive home in. Stupid snow.

Right now I'm.... - Rock Monster - 11-24-2008

0rz0ski Wrote:Not pleased with the winter weather I get to drive home in. Stupid snow.

Agreed. I wish it would snow on Christmas Eve, and melt on the 26th. I hate snow. :-[

0rz0ski Wrote:Not pleased with the winter weather I get to drive home in. Stupid snow.

What is this "snow" you speak of?? How far do you commute?

jus' P Wrote:

What is this "snow" you speak of?? How far do you commute?

You know honey, that stuff that was spitting out of the sky last Thursday as we were getting home??

Queenie Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:What is this "snow" you speak of?? How far do you commute?

You know honey, that stuff that was spitting out of the sky last Thursday as we were getting home??

It's white, and I'm guessing rarely sticks to the ground in your area. What's your weather right now, 65 and sunny? Nevermind, I don't want to know.

I've got a 50 mile round trip commute, and maybe half of it is open area or farmland, so visibility can be a pain sometimes, especially when you have that really thin snow that comes down almost like a mist, or when its really cold, and the wind blows that top layer of snow right across the highway.

On another note, I hate people who don't clean off their cars properly, especially white Ford F350s with a black tarp over the bed and minger 40 year old drivers, because your fricking snow pile hit my windshield at 75 miles an hour, a-hole!!

Right now I'm.... - sunshyne - 11-24-2008

I do like the snow that melts over night. I go to Kalamazoo once a year, and some years theres no snow, some years there's a ton of snow and then it snows another 2 ft over night. The funniest part was when we were headed out to dinner with some friends and my husband thought he would be a smartie and take a short cut across a median in the parking lot and sank up to his thigh in snow.

0rz0ski Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:You know honey, that stuff that was spitting out of the sky last Thursday as we were getting home??

It's white, and I'm guessing rarely sticks to the ground in your area. What's your weather right now, 65 and sunny? Nevermind, I don't want to know.

I've got a 50 mile round trip commute, and maybe half of it is open area or farmland, so visibility can be a pain sometimes, especially when you have that really thin snow that comes down almost like a mist, or when its really cold, and the wind blows that top layer of snow right across the highway.

On another note, I hate people who don't clean off their cars properly, especially white Ford F350s with a black tarp over the bed and minger 40 year old drivers, because your fricking snow pile hit my windshield at 75 miles an hour, a-hole!!

Nope not sunny or warm. It's been raining. The high today is 53 and the low was 31, tomorrow 43/26, Wed 52/32, Thurs 57/38 and Friday 52/31 with more showers. I'm sure it's not as bad as where you are, but it's cold to me!!

Queenie Wrote:
0rz0ski Wrote:It's white, and I'm guessing rarely sticks to the ground in your area. What's your weather right now, 65 and sunny? Nevermind, I don't want to know.

Nope not sunny or warm. It's been raining. The high today is 53 and the low was 31, tomorrow 43/26, Wed 52/32, Thurs 57/38 and Friday 52/31 with more showers. I'm sure it's not as bad as where you are, but it's cold to me!!

Did you get that forecast from Freebeer?? 'cause if you did..it's wrong...

Queenie Wrote:Nope not sunny or warm. It's been raining. The high today is 53 and the low was 31, tomorrow 43/26, Wed 52/32, Thurs 57/38 and Friday 52/31 with more showers. I'm sure it's not as bad as where you are, but it's cold to me!!

I'll take three months of 53 degree weather over three months of 30 degree weather.

0rz0ski Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Nope not sunny or warm. It's been raining. The high today is 53 and the low was 31, tomorrow 43/26, Wed 52/32, Thurs 57/38 and Friday 52/31 with more showers. I'm sure it's not as bad as where you are, but it's cold to me!!

I'll take three months of 53 degree weather over three months of 30 degree weather.

" We have deserts in America...we just don't live in them...."

-Sam Kinison

Right now I'm.... - fustercluck - 11-24-2008

ENJOYING the snow. Got my snowblower out and cleared my driveway. I got my snowmobile out of the trailer and ran it up and down my road and around my yard. I'm glad it's FINALLy winter.!!!