FBHW Forums
Right now I'm.... - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Right now I'm.... (/showthread.php?tid=712)

Right now I'm.... - potthole - 11-24-2008

fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Yeah. It's been several months, but we've been talking a little bit for the past couple. It's tough to let someone go that you've been with for that long, even if times have been tough. I did a really dickish thing with the ring though at one point. I put it on graigslist with a pretty funny ad attached to it, and then I sent her the link. What can I say, I was mad. I didn't just do it to be mean though in my defense. I fully planned on selling the ring.

And if I sell it, it will immediately go to the down payment fund.

I hear ya. Sorry you've had to go through that.

That craigslist thing is sort of like what I did after I sold that jewelry the old girlfriend left at my house. I sent her an e-mail, thanking her for allowing me to get an engagement ring. She never replied back. Undecided

FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:ENJOYING the snow. Got my snowblower out and cleared my driveway. I got my snowmobile out of the trailer and ran it up and down my road and around my yard. I'm glad it's FINALLy winter.!!!

You are a sick man.

Right now I'm.... - sunshyne - 11-25-2008

Leaving work in about 45 minutes to head down to Florida to go on a cruise for Thanksgiving! I'll be back December 2nd!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 11-25-2008

sunshyne Wrote:Leaving work in about 45 minutes to head down to Florida to go on a cruise for Thanksgiving! I'll be back December 2nd!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Hope you have fun!!

Right now I'm.... - vassillios - 11-25-2008

pissed off because my pup broke his leg at the dogsitter's last weekend. just got back from the vet, and it's gonna cost me $2000-$3000. ouch.

Right now I'm.... - fetusfacedwindbag - 11-25-2008

Is the dogsitter a friend? or a business?

Right now I'm.... - plungerhand - 11-25-2008

vassillios Wrote:pissed off because my pup broke his leg at the dogsitter's last weekend. just got back from the vet, and it's gonna cost me $2000-$3000. ouch.

2 sticks and a roll of duck tape...$10.00

Right now I'm.... - 0rz0ski - 11-25-2008

vassillios Wrote:pissed off because my pup broke his leg at the dogsitter's last weekend. just got back from the vet, and it's gonna cost me $2000-$3000. ouch.

Oh man, I feel for you. Our dog popped his leg out of its socket running after a frisbee, and even with surgery, he's had issues all of his life, and even more now, now that he's so old. Breaks my heart to see him sometimes when he tries to get off the kitchen floor to greet everyone as they get home.

Right now I'm.... - linzi - 11-25-2008

I'd make that dogsitter pay up...sounds like they didn't do their job very well.
I hope you didn't pay them?!?!?!?!?!?

dogsitter was my brother. what happened is that my pup was playing with his dog (100lb American Bulldog), who's usually good natured, and his dog ended up snapping at my pup. when he snapped at the the pup, he stepped on his rear leg, breaking it near the hip. my bro say's he'll help out, but i know better.

Right now I'm.... - linzi - 11-25-2008

I just turned 40 shades of red....sorry....I didn't know it was your brother.....when you said dogsitter, I assumed you took the puppy somewhere and they neglected it. There's a special place in hell for people that abuse children or animals.
I'm not saying your brother abused animals...I know it was an accident.

Right now I'm.... - Allyson - 11-25-2008

Well that's a stinky situation.

I briefly dated a guy whose sister owned a petsitting business. I believe the pets in question were her own, but she arrived home one day to find that her dogs thought her kittens were toys and got them out of their cage and killed them - playfully. I don't know what ever happened after that, but I surely won't be using her petsitting services even though it was an accident..

your momma Wrote:I just turned 40 shades of red....sorry....I didn't know it was your brother.....when you said dogsitter, I assumed you took the puppy somewhere and they neglected it. There's a special place in hell for people that abuse children or animals.
I'm not saying your brother abused animals...I know it was an accident.

don't worry about it, i dident specify anyway. i guess you just have to figure that this stuff happens every now and then, especially with crazy puppies.

Allyson Wrote:Well that's a stinky situation.

I briefly dated a guy whose sister owned a petsitting business. I believe the pets in question were her own, but she arrived home one day to find that her dogs thought her kittens were toys and got them out of their cage and killed them - playfully. I don't know what ever happened after that, but I surely won't be using her petsitting services even though it was an accident..

yeah, i wouldent either. i won't be taking my dog to my brother's anymore. i'm sure he could have done something to avoid the situation, like keep the excitable puppy away from his dog when his dog shows signs of anger...

Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 11-25-2008

Sad because of all the dog talk . . .

here's Dexter, 3 months ago. he's grown a little since then.

[Image: September002.jpg]

Right now I'm.... - 0rz0ski - 11-25-2008

Oooooooh, baaabieeeee! You're so cuuuuuuute!!! I want to snuggle you!!

Right now I'm.... - fustercluck - 11-25-2008

vassillios Wrote:dogsitter was my brother. what happened is that my pup was playing with his dog (100lb American Bulldog), who's usually good natured, and his dog ended up snapping at my pup. when he snapped at the the pup, he stepped on his rear leg, breaking it near the hip. my bro say's he'll help out, but i know better.

His homeowners insurance should cover this for you.

Right now I'm.... - peachs - 11-26-2008

Hungry, tired from working too much, and not looking forward to the 8 hour shift I'm scheduled for on Friday....

Right now I'm.... - Allyson - 11-26-2008

Peachs Wrote:Hungry, tired from working too much, and not looking forward to the 8 hour shift I'm scheduled for on Friday....

Ugh I worked at a Starbucks in the mall in high school. It was complete hell during the holidays, especially Thanksgiving weekend and December 26.

Right now I'm.... - Howie Feltersnatch - 11-26-2008

I worked in a small town grocery store, the week before Thanksgiving and Christmas always blew. days after were slower than hell and awesome...caused lots of trouble those days.

I get to go shopping friday...I think i'll be taking my pistol :Smile

Right now I'm.... - Rock Monster - 11-26-2008

Allyson Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:Hungry, tired from working too much, and not looking forward to the 8 hour shift I'm scheduled for on Friday....

Ugh I worked at a Starbucks in the mall in high school. It was complete hell during the holidays, especially Thanksgiving weekend and December 26.

I have you both trumped. I worked at Meijer (Think Super Walmart, or whatever they call it, with food, clothes, general merchandise...etc) in the Sporting Goods Dept. Nevember 14th, every year, I would have about 20 people in line to get Deer Licenses. Then on X-mas eve, holy shit.... I know at least one year when I was a bagger, every cart in the store was being used. We had people in line to get one.

Right now I'm.... - 0rz0ski - 11-26-2008

My mom has both of you trumped. She works at lovely best buy. She gets to go to work at 4:30am on Black Friday and like Peachs, gets a nice 8 or 9 hour shift managing a line of insane people weaving in and out of aisles. God, I'm glad that's not my job. How the hell do retail workers stay sane?

Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 11-26-2008

Bless your heart! I worked in retail (a store called Service Merchandise that is no longer around) in the jewelry department. I sold jewelry (of course), but ended up doing a lot of maintenance as well (buffing rings, resizing, fixing watches). The worst thing I remember was the store pushing their extended service plan. We had to offer it to everyone and most people were just ready to get the hell out of the store and didn't want to hear it.

Right now I'm.... - mainerliser - 11-26-2008

in a generally pissy mood!!!!

mainerliser Wrote:in a generally pissy mood!!!!

Like Momma used to say, "you can get glad in the same britches you got mad in!"

Cheer up Lisa!! ;D

Right now I'm.... - Allyson - 11-26-2008

wondering why the hell we haven't gotten notice of early release yet.

Right now I'm.... - Rock Monster - 11-26-2008

0rz0ski Wrote:My mom has both of you trumped. She works at lovely best buy. She gets to go to work at 4:30am on Black Friday and like Peachs, gets a nice 8 or 9 hour shift managing a line of insane people weaving in and out of aisles. God, I'm glad that's not my job. How the hell do retail workers stay sane?

I'd much rather work at Best Buy during the Holidays, than have to work from 10 pm to 7 am selling licenses, just because rednecks are too stupid to come a day or week, or month...)before that. And your mom is gay.

Right now I'm.... - linzi - 11-26-2008

getting my list ready to go shopping Friday.

sorry guys, it's a rush to get the best sales and get all your shopping done in one day.

Right now I'm.... - fetusfacedwindbag - 11-26-2008

Queenie Wrote:Bless your heart! I worked in retail (a store called Service Merchandise that is no longer around) in the jewelry department. I sold jewelry (of course), but ended up doing a lot of maintenance as well (buffing rings, resizing, fixing watches). The worst thing I remember was the store pushing their extended service plan. We had to offer it to everyone and most people were just ready to get the hell out of the store and didn't want to hear it.

Which SM did you work at?

I used to work in retail. I sold shoes through high school and college.....what a drag. We used to get everyone out on the floor for black friday. It was mandatory.....but WHO BUYS SHOES for a Christmas Present for someone?! Umm three people in the world. We ALWAYS had to send half or more of the staff home a couple hours into the day. BUM ME OUT! I'm glad to have an office job now. I get to go shopping on black friday instead of work..... I probably won't even shop though. I'll probably just stay out of harm's way.

I'm doing a more personal/ generic gift for everyone (I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but I'm making something for everyone. I think it's more personal to make something than to give them a shirt that they'll wear twice and give to goodwill.)

fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Bless your heart! I worked in retail (a store called Service Merchandise that is no longer around) in the jewelry department. I sold jewelry (of course), but ended up doing a lot of maintenance as well (buffing rings, resizing, fixing watches). The worst thing I remember was the store pushing their extended service plan. We had to offer it to everyone and most people were just ready to get the hell out of the store and didn't want to hear it.

Which SM did you work at?

Rivergate. I had a full time job as well, and only worked during one Christmas season. It wasn't worth money, only the discount!

Queenie Wrote:
fetusfacedwindbag Wrote:Which SM did you work at?

Rivergate. I had a full time job as well, and only worked during one Christmas season. It wasn't worth money, only the discount!

Gotcha. I used to know a guy that worked in jewelry at the Green Hills location.

I can't say that I haven't had a job that was only worth the discount. I worked at the GH movie theater for a summer to get free movies, but I never even went to see a movie that whole time. ???

Right now I'm.... - potthole - 11-26-2008

I worked 5 holiday seasons at one of the big "anchor" stores at the local mall. Day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve were 10 to 12 hour shifts each year.

Right now I'm.... - Howie Feltersnatch - 11-26-2008

heading out to prepare for thanksgiving dinner. Anyone that knows where Lawrence Michigan is feel free to stop by wearing a FBHW shirt or hat and eat dinner with me and my fellow firemen at the fire station.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Gobble Gobble

Right now I'm.... - 0rz0ski - 11-26-2008

Leaving work in 10 min. Yay management letting us go early!! Whoo!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Right now I'm.... - agentsmith - 11-26-2008

getting ready to head up to the UP. Happy Thanksgiving!

Right now I'm.... - airhornahole - 11-26-2008

Dr. Stupid Wrote:getting ready to head up to the UP, eh. Happy Thanksgiving, eh!

fixed

airhornahole Wrote:
Dr. Stupid Wrote:getting ready to head up to the UP, eh. Happy Thanksgiving, eh!

fixed

Exalt!!

Right now I'm.... - Mad Dog - 11-26-2008

Thinking about what I'm going to do for the next seven days since I don't have to be back to work untill next Thursday. No orders because of the bad economy :'(

Right now I'm.... - 0rz0ski - 11-27-2008

trying to recover from Big Fancy Think Fast Gameshow. Damn, that was a lot of fun. Hot Wings is going to have one hell of a headache tomorrow, as will Free Beer.