FBHW Forums
Right now I'm.... - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Right now I'm.... (/showthread.php?tid=712)

Right now I'm.... - linzi - 12-22-2008

not having a good night....Panthers lost and I'm gonna lose my fantasy football championship.

Right now I'm.... - 0rz0ski - 12-22-2008

Debating whether or not to report in to work.

Right now I'm.... - shawnp - 12-22-2008

Me too! My damn dog woke me up jumping on my effin bed and crawling on my back. Stupid dog.......

Right now I'm.... - mainerliser - 12-22-2008

Enough with the snow already!!!! My neighbors rock! They snow blowed my driveway!!! I think I'll go to work and forget everything. My soon-to-be ex took great pleasure in being a dick to me yesterday.....and I let it get to me. Anyone know how to feign indiference?

Right now I'm.... - Biff - 12-22-2008

mainerliser Wrote:Anyone know how to feign indiference?

You can do it. Or not. I don't care.

Right now I'm.... - Allyson - 12-22-2008

Admin Wrote:
mainerliser Wrote:Anyone know how to feign indiference?

You can do it. Or not. I don't care.

I just use the classic EFF YOU. You just can't top that.

Right now I'm.... - lokizilla - 12-22-2008

Trying to get warm. Didn't know there were so many leaks in the house when we bought it last year. Going to have to get a caulk gun and seal up the leaks.

Contemplating keeping my last name when I get married.

Allyson Wrote:Contemplating keeping my last name when I get married.

Words of advice, it is harder for any call center representative to put in a name with all they hyphens, and if it is two last names that are hard to pronounce, makes it harder for the person that is suppose to help you. Some forms only have so many letters.. I learned that when my company hyphenated my last name while they were trying to change all the computer systems over to my married last name.

lokizilla Wrote:

Words of advice, it is harder for any call center representative to put in a name with all they hyphens, and if it is two last names that are hard to pronounce, makes it harder for the person that is suppose to help you. Some forms only have so many letters.. I learned that when my company hyphenated my last name while they were trying to change all the computer systems over to my married last name.

Yea, I'm not really into hyphens. I mean just keep my last name and not use his at all.

Allyson Wrote:
lokizilla Wrote:Words of advice, it is harder for any call center representative to put in a name with all they hyphens, and if it is two last names that are hard to pronounce, makes it harder for the person that is suppose to help you. Some forms only have so many letters.. I learned that when my company hyphenated my last name while they were trying to change all the computer systems over to my married last name.

Yea, I'm not really into hyphens. I mean just keep my last name and not use his at all.

Have you asked him, his opinion on it. My husband is old school, and hated when my work used it hyphened for a year and a half. Is his name harder to pronounce than yours. Plus also look at how many things would have to be changed over.

Right now I'm.... - linzi - 12-22-2008

how does he feel about that? Some guys are pretty dickish about that, you know, keeping with tradition and all. You gotta think about kids too. My friend gave her daughter her last name as the babies first name.

Right now I'm.... - Howie Feltersnatch - 12-22-2008

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!1

my buddy and his two brothers have hyphenated last names. They don't have middle names so it relieves the confusion a little bit. The older bro goes by the dads last name now (no hyphen) the younger brother goes by the mom's last name (no hyphen) and the middle child goes by the full hyphenated name...weird.

it can cause confusion...but for the people who matter...it won't matter.

I haven't mentioned it to him yet. The kids can have his name. Our last names are both easy to pronounce and spell. I just don't want to be Mrs. K**** like his mother (who demands to be called Mrs. K****), it makes me want to barf.

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!1

my buddy and his two brothers have hyphenated last names. They don't have middle names so it relieves the confusion a little bit. The older bro goes by the dads last name now (no hyphen) the younger brother goes by the mom's last name (no hyphen) and the middle child goes by the full hyphenated name...weird.

it can cause confusion...but for the people who matter...it won't matter.

You are correct on that one. I actually once had a call at work where the wife had a hyphen named, the husband had a hyphen named, she hadn't taken his name...I felt sorry for the kids it they have some.....The four names involved where hard to pronounce...

Yea that whole hyphenated thing is confusing. I'm talking everything else will be like a normal loving family, but I'll go by Allyson T. instead of Allyson K. Not Allyson T-K. And the kids will be K.

Allyson Wrote:I haven't mentioned it to him yet. The kids can have his name. Our last names are both easy to pronounce and spell. I just don't want to be Mrs. K**** like his mother (who demands to be called Mrs. K****), it makes me want to barf.

Wow, that is an interesting problem.

Allyson Wrote:Yea that whole hyphenated thing is confusing. I'm talking everything else will be like a normal loving family, but I'll go by Allyson T. instead of Allyson K. Not Allyson T-K. And the kids will be K.

so the kids will have his name, he will have his name...you will un-change your name....so basically instead of being married you'll just continue to shack up but with a binding contracct Wink

Right now I'm.... - Rock Monster - 12-22-2008

your momma Wrote:how does he feel about that? Some guys are pretty dickish about that, you know, keeping with tradition and all. You gotta think about kids too. My friend gave her daughter her last name as the babies first name.

So, if a guy wants to stick to tradition he's a dick? If a woman wants a traditional wedding, is she a bitch?

Rock Monster Wrote:So, if a guy wants to stick to tradition he's a dick? If a woman wants a traditional wedding, is she a bitch?

If this is the case my wife is the anti-bitch. Our wedding including the rings, 'service' and getting her name changed (hell including gas) was less than $400. booya

Right now I'm:

Cold as eff

Right now I'm.... - dino - 12-22-2008

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Right now I'm:

Cold as eff

A little tired of the snow.....50 some effin' inches in a short time is a bit much.

Rock Monster Wrote:So, if a guy wants to stick to tradition he's a dick? If a woman wants a traditional wedding, is she a bitch?

If this is the case my wife is the anti-bitch. Our wedding including the rings, 'service' and getting her name changed (hell including gas) was less than $400. booya

I got you one better, mine cost under $200.

Right now I'm also: tired

this may come off as cocky but i'm beat from spending 8 hours on the interstate extricating truckers from rolled semi's last night

Allyson Wrote:Yea that whole hyphenated thing is confusing. I'm talking everything else will be like a normal loving family, but I'll go by Allyson T. instead of Allyson K. Not Allyson T-K. And the kids will be K.

so the kids will have his name, he will have his name...you will un-change your name....so basically instead of being married you'll just continue to shack up but with a binding contracct Wink

That is precisely what I'm looking for. Except I won't have to unchange my name I'll just not change it in the first place.

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Right now I'm also: tired

this may come off as cocky but i'm beat from spending 8 hours on the interstate extricating truckers from rolled semi's last night

Sounds like you had a hard night...Get some sleep.

Allyson Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:so the kids will have his name, he will have his name...you will un-change your name....so basically instead of being married you'll just continue to shack up but with a binding contracct Wink

That is precisely what I'm looking for. Except I won't have to unchange my name I'll just not change it in the first place.

Why unchange it? That's a hard way of looking at marriage, before you even get married.

lokizilla Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:If this is the case my wife is the anti-bitch. Our wedding including the rings, 'service' and getting her name changed (hell including gas) was less than $400. booya

I got you one better, mine cost under $200.

nice job anti-bitch!

Right now I'm.... - sunshyne - 12-22-2008

Allyson, it really is up to you, but my mom changed her middle name to her maiden name so she is Barbara T****** S**********. I thought about doing that, but my maiden name was 11 letters long, my husband's mom's last name is different cause she got remarried, plus I like my husband's family better than my own most fo the time. You do realize that you marry a family, not just a guy, and if his mother makes you want to barf, you might want to think about this a little more....

lokizilla Wrote:I got you one better, mine cost under $200.

nice job anti-bitch!

It's called going to the court house...LOL. If it wasn't $98 to get a marriage license in Tennessee, I could have made out cheaper. You can get a license if you do 10 hours of couples counseling before you get married, for $38.

lokizilla Wrote:It's called going to the court house...LOL. If it wasn't $98 to get a marriage license in Tennessee, I could have made out cheaper. You can get a license if you do 10 hours of couples counseling before you get married, for $38.

it was like $45 bucks here in Michigan...$5 for the marriage counseling (brochure on not getting a divorce). She got a pretty wedding band, white gold. Mine is Titanium and aready all hagard up scratched.

Right now I'm.... - 0rz0ski - 12-22-2008

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Right now I'm also: tired

Were you assisting on I-94?

eating too much Xmas candy, Mmmmmmm

sunshyne Wrote:Allyson, it really is up to you, but my mom changed her middle name to her maiden name so she is Barbara T****** S**********. I thought about doing that, but my maiden name was 11 letters long, my husband's mom's last name is different cause she got remarried, plus I like my husband's family better than my own most fo the time. You do realize that you marry a family, not just a guy, and if his mother makes you want to barf, you might want to think about this a little more....

Oh, I've definitely thought about it. But then I realized that a bitchy MIL (and SIL) is not worth giving up on a great relationship and I refuse to let them win. They've been talking about moving to FL so hopefully they up and leave sooner than later.

Right now I'm.... - plungerhand - 12-22-2008

Recovering from a "fun" filled weekend of shopping with my super awesome wife.
With a "bonus" of Christmas Party with the outlaws.( Not the Queen, but my late wife's family.) Considering today's the 3rd anniversary of her passing, yesterday was awesome with no drama and limited tears.

jus' P Wrote:Recovering from a "fun" filled weekend of shopping with my super awesome wife.
With a "bonus" of Christmas Party with the outlaws.( Not the Queen, but my late wife's family.) Considering today's the 3rd anniversary of her passing, yesterday was awesome with no drama and limited tears.

Good for you making happy times from not so happy 8-)

Right now I'm:

sleepy.

Allyson Wrote:
sunshyne Wrote:Allyson, it really is up to you, but my mom changed her middle name to her maiden name so she is Barbara T****** S**********. I thought about doing that, but my maiden name was 11 letters long, my husband's mom's last name is different cause she got remarried, plus I like my husband's family better than my own most fo the time. You do realize that you marry a family, not just a guy, and if his mother makes you want to barf, you might want to think about this a little more....

Oh, I've definitely thought about it. But then I realized that a bitchy MIL (and SIL) is not worth giving up on a great relationship and I refuse to let them win. They've been talking about moving to FL so hopefully they up and leave sooner than later.

Having several states between you definately helps, my folks live in FL, and as I stated before, we don't really get along well. SO, christmas, oops, too far to drive, sorry. It definately is my husband's opinion that my mother and sister are both bitchy, so he's sort of on your side of the story.
You could change your name to his and have people call you Mrs. "K". Whatever you decide, congratualtions on getting married, and I hope its long and happy.

Oh, it's years and years away yet.

falling asleep....

i shall down a dew and steal a snickers from the candy box