FBHW Forums
Right now I'm.... - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Right now I'm.... (/showthread.php?tid=712)

Right now I'm.... - shawnp - 01-21-2009

Well, 27 gallon tank, 224 miles on said tank and 1/4 tank left.....ick. No lead foot, regular driving. I understand the break in rule but geez, this is ridiculous.

Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 01-21-2009

I did find out this morning that the rumor of one of the victims dying was not true. The man had 15 staples in his head, a broken leg and arm, and numerous cuts and bruises. The lady had a broken foot and a broken arm, numerous bruises on her legs, and could not remember much about the incident. The driver is accused of killing a homeless man near Chicago the night before the accident and is in the custody of Metro Police after being released from General Hospital last night.

Right now I'm.... - -Jiggy- - 01-21-2009

Dead or not I still agree with the snatch:

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:This is a picture of the building that I work in, and of course, the car of the stupid effer that killed one man and injured another woman today. He is also wanted for murder in Chicago, IL.

[Image: carwreck.jpg]

Edit: Here's the current news story:
http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=9703399

I hope someone rapes the smile off his face

Right now I'm.... - Howie Feltersnatch - 01-21-2009

shawnp Wrote:Well, 27 gallon tank, 224 miles on said tank and 1/4 tank left.....ick. No lead foot, regular driving. I understand the break in rule but geez, this is ridiculous.

calc your actual milage, you know how to do that right? fill the truck up to the top and reset your trip...then drive for 200 miles or so and fill to the top again....find your MPG (miles on trip divided by gallons used to fill it back up)

I have a 32 gal tank on my Dodge, with a 318 motor...I get about 12-15 mpg depending on how i'm driving. I calculated it once, by going 65 mph down the interstate instead of 80 i gained 3-4 mpg and only lost a couple minutes off my 15 mile commute.

If you are running a bigger V8 and are getting 11mpg, you really aren't doing that bad.

Right now I'm.... - Allyson - 01-21-2009

Queenie Wrote:I did find out this morning that the rumor of one of the victims dying was not true. The man had 15 staples in his head, a broken leg and arm, and numerous cuts and bruises. The lady had a broken foot and a broken arm, numerous bruises on her legs, and could not remember much about the incident. The driver is accused of killing a homeless man near Chicago the night before the accident and is in the custody of Metro Police after being released from General Hospital last night.

Yay! Kind of. I'm so glad to hear that he didn't die. Too bad the driver won't be convicted as harshly now. I can accept that though.

Allyson Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:I did find out this morning that the rumor of one of the victims dying was not true. The man had 15 staples in his head, a broken leg and arm, and numerous cuts and bruises. The lady had a broken foot and a broken arm, numerous bruises on her legs, and could not remember much about the incident. The driver is accused of killing a homeless man near Chicago the night before the accident and is in the custody of Metro Police after being released from General Hospital last night.

Yay! Kind of. I'm so glad to hear that he didn't die. Too bad the driver won't be convicted as harshly now. I can accept that though.

He might be convicted pretty sternly if found guilty of killing that homeless guy in Woodstock, IL. I sure hope so. This sicko needs to be locked up.

Here's the news story from his hometown:
http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2009/01/20/19341733/index.xml

His "artist" web site:
http://www.kylewilliammorgan.com/

The news article said he had a myspace, but they took it down Tuesday night.

Right now I'm.... - hotzester - 01-21-2009

Eww...don't post his personal site...you just know there will be someone (not necessarily here) who sees it and will think "Wow, he's a douche but that's a cool painting" or whatever form of art he does. lol

hotzester Wrote:Eww...don't post his personal site...you just know there will be someone (not necessarily here) who sees it and will think "Wow, he's a douche but that's a cool painting" or whatever form of art he does. lol
No they all suck as bad as this one.
[Image: myphoto-2.png]

Right now I'm.... - potthole - 01-21-2009

shawnp Wrote:Well, 27 gallon tank, 224 miles on said tank and 1/4 tank left.....ick. No lead foot, regular driving. I understand the break in rule but geez, this is ridiculous.

One thing to also consider is that when it's cold out, engines frequently don't run as effeciently as normal.

During the summer I'll get around 280/290 miles per tank, but during the winter that's down to 260/270.

plus people let their vehicles idle more to let them warm up/stay warm

Right now I'm...

...trying to figure out why I so badly want to try to build a hookah.

hotzester Wrote:Right now I'm...

...trying to figure out why I so badly want to try to build a hookah.
Wait...for tobacco right? ???

Right now I'm.... - shawnp - 01-21-2009

I know how to calculate the numbers, I've been keeping track of mileage for years. With the projected numbers it just seems awful. 5.4's in my estimation should see at least 400/27 ratio. My outlook isn't that appealing...

shawnp Wrote:5.4's in my estimation should see at least 400/27 ratio

thats nearly 15mpg, thats wishful thinking i'd say...atleast for any truck i've driven.

Of course, Jiggy. I'm so far removed from the other that I wouldn't even begin to know where to find it! lol

Delaying work so I can do other things that isn't work.

Holy ess!! It's dino's turn for his blind date with Howie!!!

[Image: dino.gif]

Big Grin Big Grin

i've been using enzyte too Wink

I was thinking on this too, just because you are at 1/4 tank doesn't mean you really have a 1/4 tank left...on my 96 Chevy when i hit the first red hash jsut above E I was pushing the truck

Right now I'm.... - Allyson - 01-21-2009

Researching grad schools. Want to go for my MBA.

Allyson Wrote:Researching grad schools. Want to go for my MBA.

Good for you Allyson!! 8-) 8-)

Right now I'm.... - dino - 01-21-2009

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i've been using enzyte too Wink
Just get me drunk enough so I don't remember. Sad

Can we not have pissed on pizza for dinner?

A lot of people don't know this, but "pizza" is Italian for "peed on dinner". I can say this with so much certainty that you don't even need to look it up.

Good for you, Allyson. Just don't be taken in by the libs on campus! (And don't be offended if my general liking of you doesn't run so deep as to think that college is a good idea for ME!)

Funny but true!

[Image: getoutthecar.gif]

Right now I'm.... - Biff - 01-21-2009

High-larious!

Right now I'm.... - linzi - 01-21-2009

..laughing at Queenie's paper clipping! That's awesome! I hope I never run into a crazy old person who's packing some heat. :'(

While I have serious reservations about its authenticity, I'm giving Queenie +1 for the laugh nonetheless!

http://www.snopes.com/crime/justice/grannies.asp

Right now I'm.... - linzi - 01-21-2009

DAMMIT QUEENIE!!! I can't trust anyone!!! The paper, the media, Perez Hilton, ANYONE!!!! The lies I tell you, all lies..... Sad

Right now I'm.... - Queenie - 01-22-2009

hotzester Wrote:http://www.snopes.com/crime/justice/grannies.asp

However, there is not a big FALSE on the page, so you never know . . . :-X

Right now I'm.... - hotzester - 01-22-2009

No, it's just not written like a normal news article, there's not even a byline. Also, if you look at the Snopes article, it recites variation after variation on the same story, even referencing the Tampa story.

I suppose it's possible it happened time and time again, though.

hotzester Wrote:No, it's just not written like a normal news article, there's not even a byline. Also, if you look at the Snopes article, it recites variation after variation on the same story, even referencing the Tampa story.

I suppose it's possible it happened time and time again, though.

Damn you . . . I'm banning you from snopes.com! You always ruin a good story. Sad

[Disclaimer: I am not sure if this is a true story or not, but I found it humorous]

Speaking of senior moments:

"WHERE is my SUNDAY paper?!" The irate customer calling the newspaper office loudly demanded, wanting to know where her Sunday edition was.

"Madam", said the newspaper employee, "today is Saturday. The Sunday paper is not delivered until tomorrow, on SUNDAY".

There was quite a long pause on the other end of the phone, followed by a ray of recognition as she was heard to mutter, "Well, shit... so that's why no one was at church today".

You can't ban me from snopes! What am I supposed to send everyone in my mom's address book when she forwards the email to all of us?

Right now I'm.... - dino - 01-22-2009

hotzester Wrote:You can't ban me from snopes! What am I supposed to send everyone in my mom's address book when she forwards the email to all of us?

I've had to do that so many times!
I keep tellin her you can't believe everything you're forwarded!
She simply emails me things now before she forwards it and asks me if it's true or not. What a PITA.

I could tell you stories....like when she stopped forwarding them to me, and started RETYPING THEM for me in a new email.

Or what about the time she printed the four year old information, put it in an envelope, and SNAIL MAILED it to me???

I can't make this shit up.

hotzester Wrote:I could tell you stories....like when she stopped forwarding them to me, and started RETYPING THEM for me in a new email.

Or what about the time she printed the four year old information, put it in an envelope, and SNAIL MAILED it to me???

I can't make this shit up.

Wow 8-)
Yep...got me beat there.
mailed you an email.....that's one for the record books.

Right now I'm.... - Allyson - 01-22-2009

still trying to figure out why the guys weren't on this morning. Can anyone enlighten me?

Allyson Wrote:still trying to figure out why the guys weren't on this morning. Can anyone enlighten me?

i think we should revoke your loyal listener card and your high standing on the message board should be reviewed and brought before the board.

Allyson, I didn't want to have to mention it this way, but there was a fire this morning at a building near GRD's studio....tragically, FBHW (and Zane) were badly burned. Joe is believed to have escaped, but is missing.