FBHW Forums
Steev Question - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Free Beer and Hot Wings Show (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Free Beer and Hot Wings Forum (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Steev Question (/showthread.php?tid=3176)

Pages: 1 2

Steev Question - certainlycertainly - 06-02-2009

Just heard the podcast from Monday, and heard Steev talk. This may be random, but is he the same guy that called in during the "Barry Berry" controversy a long time ago, and tried to pronounce the two words over the phone to prove Hot Wings was saying everything wrong. I may be way off, but I know it was an employee from another station that called in and the voice sounds the same.

Re: Steev Question - Howie Feltersnatch - 06-02-2009

I'm wondering if he's the guy doing the GRD Music News now...sorta sounds like him.

Lonely, un-packed tone...like a guy living alone in an apartment with no friends within 500 miles.

Re: Steev Question - steev - 06-02-2009

certainlycertainly Wrote:Just heard the podcast from Monday, and heard Steev talk. This may be random, but is he the same guy that called in during the "Barry Berry" controversy a long time ago, and tried to pronounce the two words over the phone to prove Hot Wings was saying everything wrong. I may be way off, but I know it was an employee from another station that called in and the voice sounds the same.

Yup, that was me. Good memory! I still stand by my argument.

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I'm wondering if he's the guy doing the GRD Music News now...sorta sounds like him.

Nope, that's not me.

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Lonely, un-packed tone...like a guy living alone in an apartment with no friends within 500 miles.

Pretty much...but it's about 700 miles. Everything else is right on.

Re: Steev Question - Philly Mike - 06-02-2009

dont feel alone steev i am on your side with the bury barry berry thing

Re: Steev Question - Mad Dog - 06-02-2009

My last name ends in bury and I pronounce it bary.

Re: Steev Question - patfromportland - 06-02-2009

Mad Dog Wrote:My last name ends in bury and I pronounce it bary.

Then you pronounce it wrong

Re: Steev Question - zdunklee - 06-02-2009

patfromportland Wrote:

You can't pronounce your own name wrong...

Re: Steev Question - stopsign - 06-02-2009

zdunklee Wrote:
patfromportland Wrote:

You can't pronounce your own name wrong...

He found a way.

Re: Steev Question - Allyson - 06-02-2009

steev Wrote:
certainlycertainly Wrote:Just heard the podcast from Monday, and heard Steev talk. This may be random, but is he the same guy that called in during the "Barry Berry" controversy a long time ago, and tried to pronounce the two words over the phone to prove Hot Wings was saying everything wrong. I may be way off, but I know it was an employee from another station that called in and the voice sounds the same.

Yup, that was me. Good memory! I still stand by my argument.

Seriously, anyone with half a brain could tell the difference. I hated the guys that day, how could you possibly not hear the difference between BAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHrry and bEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHrry?! It's not a Jersey thing, it's a competence thing. Damn it you got me all riled up again.

Re: Steev Question - Mark the Valet - 06-02-2009

Oh, you mean Barry and Barry?
You know, the words that sound EXACTLY THE SAME?

Re: Steev Question - Philly Mike - 06-03-2009

copied and pasted from dictionary.com
if you dont know the words in the [] are phonetic
Bar⋅ry  [bar-ee]
ber⋅ry  [ber-ee]

also if you don't know the "a" in phonetics is pronounced with the ah sound, and the "e" is pronounced with the eh sound

they sound different.
bury sounds like berry but thats just about it.

Re: Steev Question - Allyson - 06-03-2009

I think the problem is the idiots west of us pronounce their As and Es the same, so both Barry and berry sound like beary.

Re: Steev Question - 0rz0ski - 06-03-2009

I think the problem exists with the uppity mingers east of us. Wink

Steev doesn't count as an uppity minger because he has seen the light and moved to the True Path.

Re: Steev Question - certainlycertainly - 06-03-2009

The very first time I ever heard the show was during this segment, been hooked ever since.

Re: Steev Question - Philly Mike - 06-03-2009

0rz0ski Wrote:I think the problem exists with the uppity mingers east of us. Wink

Steev doesn't count as an uppity minger because he has seen the light and moved to the True Path.

... and i thought you were cool Tongue

Re: Steev Question - loosewendy - 06-03-2009

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I'm wondering if he's the guy doing the GRD Music News now...sorta sounds like him.

Nope. Music News is done by Dave.

Re: Steev Question - 0rz0ski - 06-03-2009

Philly Mike Wrote:
0rz0ski Wrote:I think the problem exists with the uppity mingers east of us. Wink

... and i thought you were cool Tongue

You thought right, I am cool. :ugeek: If you hang out with me, my coolness might rub off on you. Big Grin

Re: Steev Question - LimpBagel - 06-03-2009

Quote:Oh, you mean Barry and Barry?
You know, the words that sound EXACTLY THE SAME?

100% correct. There is no H in Barry.

Re: Steev Question - plumpenut - 06-05-2009

Allyson Wrote:I think the problem is the idiots west of us pronounce their As and Es the same, so both Barry and berry sound like beary.
damnit allyson there's the dealbreaker for me. I used to think you were cool. Tongue I agree with mark the valet

Re: Steev Question - Queenie - 06-08-2009

Hey Steev,

I appreciate you putting up the link in the "cool links" area on the new website, but I have a question. In this particular area of the website, I noticed that the links eventually get moved down when other links are added. What happens when there are so many links added and our link ends up at the bottom? Could it eventually get "bumped"? Please don't take this as "whining"; i'm just wondering. Thanks!

Queenie

Re: Steev Question - Philly Mike - 06-08-2009

Queenie Wrote:Hey Steev,

I appreciate you putting up the link in the "cool links" area on the new website, but I have a question. In this particular area of the website, I noticed that the links eventually get moved down when other links are added. What happens when there are so many links added and our link ends up at the bottom? Could it eventually get "bumped"? Please don't take this as "whining"; i'm just wondering. Thanks!

Queenie

How can anyone imagine you as whining? You have sexy phone voice...

Re: Steev Question - mainerliser - 06-08-2009

Queenie

I was wondering the same thing but didn't dare to ask!!! Thanks for taking the lead as usual Queenie!!!! :wave:

Re: Steev Question - Howie Feltersnatch - 06-08-2009

Can we ask any question we want?

Re: Steev Question - krystal - 06-08-2009

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Can we ask any question we want?

That depends on whether or not you actually want it answered.

Re: Steev Question - mayorofawesometown - 06-08-2009

Here's the problem with the Barry/Berry thing. Only people from Michigan don't have accents. So silly douches from down south or Jersey or wherever use their stupid accents to say things incorrectly. Barry and Berry are just two different spellings of the same name. It's like Chris/Cris/Kris. Heck, my name is Jeremy and my neighbor's name is Geramie. Same name. He doesn't pronounce G different from J or ie different from y in the same name.

So stop smoking the crack, people with messed up accents. Barry and Berry are one in the same.

It's just like the difference between Steve, Steev and Fifth Wheel. >_>

Re: Steev Question - Allyson - 06-09-2009

No one's name is Berry, shut the fuck up.

Re: Steev Question - Biff - 06-09-2009

Allyson Wrote:No one's name is Berry, shut the Eff up.

You're right!

Signed,

The Honorable Marion Berry

Re: Steev Question - zdunklee - 06-09-2009

admin Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:No one's name is Berry, shut the Eff up.

You're right!

Signed,

The Honorable Marion Berry

Or Chuck Berry for that matter, but of course he isn't famous or anything...

Sorry Allison but that statement might deserve one of these:

[Image: stupidsiren.gif]

Re: Steev Question - Allyson - 06-09-2009

I'm talking about first names per Mayor's Chris and Jeremy examples. If there was ever a guy named Berry he would be beaten to death by the time he was 12, so no, no one's name is Berry.

Barry:
[Image: Barry_White.jpg]
berry:
[Image: berries.jpg]

And you mouthbreathing eff, you can't even spell my name correctly and it's right in front of your face.

But you're right, I'm the stupid one.

Re: Steev Question - Philly Mike - 06-09-2009

mayorofawesometown Wrote:Here's the problem with the Barry/Berry thing. Only people from Michigan don't have accents. So silly douches from down south or Jersey or wherever use their stupid accents to say things incorrectly. Barry and Berry are just two different spellings of the same name. It's like Chris/Cris/Kris. Heck, my name is Jeremy and my neighbor's name is Geramie. Same name. He doesn't pronounce G different from J or ie different from y in the same name.

So stop smoking the crack, people with messed up accents. Barry and Berry are one in the same.

It's just like the difference between Steve, Steev and Fifth Wheel. >_>

uhhh... yeah because dictionary.com has an accent and doesn't use the english language as it was intended to be when phonetically spelling... Tongue

Re: Steev Question - steev - 06-09-2009

regional differences in dialect, friends.

Let's agree to disagree.

Re: Steev Question - 0rz0ski - 06-09-2009

[drop]Hehehe...doesn't he talk funny?[/drop]

steev Wrote:regional differences in dialect, friends.

Let's agree to disagree.
[Image: arnoldpussy.jpg]

Re: Steev Question - 0rz0ski - 06-09-2009

Please ignore Philly for the next couple hours...I think he chugged 5 Monster Javas in a row... :wtf:

Re: Steev Question - Howie Feltersnatch - 06-09-2009

phillymike is looseleafed!

Re: Steev Question - Queenie - 06-09-2009

0rz0ski Wrote:Please ignore Philly for the next couple hours...I think he chugged 5 Monster Javas in a row... :wtf:

What makes you think that? :roll: Wink

Queenie

Bump . . . since it was 2 pages back from you most recent post.

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:phillymike is looseleafed!
howie, your being glib. You don't know looseleafed... I KNow looseleafed, I've read books on looseleafed....

Philly Mike Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:phillymike is looseleafed!
howie, your being glib. You don't know looseleafed... I KNow looseleafed, I've read books on looseleafed....

Did you know that looseleaf = rawdawg? Wink

Re: Steev Question - Howie Feltersnatch - 06-09-2009

looseleaf doesn't = rawdog...well maybe if you're in middleschool :roll: